Fantasmic questions

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
We have one half day at HS. We have been multiple times and have 2 more trips planned, so I am not worried about doing it all.

We currently have a 5:15 H&V Fantasmic dining package. I’m trying to decide if I keep it and then get to Fantasmic around 820 for the 9pm show. Or is it better to do a different dinner and just line up at 820.

Basically I’m worried the dinner is going to eat too much time and then also need to get to Fantasmic by 820.

Am I correct in understanding even with the dining package you need to arrive at 820? If you live up what time do you need to line up?

My daughter has been dying to see Fantasmic for a while so we absolutely want to see it, it’s the priority.

Last edited:
A 515 dinner at Hollywood and Vine (or almost anywhere else) should give you plenty of time to get to a 900 Fantasmic. Having said that if you're wanting to get in line at 820 regardless; I'd save the money, skip H&V and eat somewhere else.

A 515 dinner at Hollywood and Vine (or almost anywhere else) should give you plenty of time to get to a 900 Fantasmic. Having said that if you're wanting to get in line at 820 regardless; I'd save the money, skip H&V and eat somewhere else.
Can we show up later then 820 for stand by and guarantee we will get in?

We bought the Fantasmic Dinner Package twice.

Both times when we got to the roped off package area we moved to other seats we thought were better.

Can we show up later then 820 for stand by and guarantee we will get in?
Obviously never a guarantee, but if when we use the fantastic dining, we never show up more than 15-20 mins. ahead of. show time and have never had an issue getting a seat in the dining area. If you're doing standby for a 900 showing; I'd say 820 is around the time we'd get in line. If you're going to pay for the dining package though; you shouldn't need to be in line that early, but of course you can.

Obviously never a guarantee, but if when we use the fantastic dining, we never show up more than 15-20 mins. ahead of. show time and have never had an issue getting a seat in the dining area. If you're doing standby for a 900 showing; I'd say 820 is around the time we'd get in line. If you're going to pay for the dining package though; you shouldn't need to be in line that early, but of course you can.
Ah. I don’t know why I read with the dining package you still need to arrive no less than 30 minutes before. If it’s 15/20 I would like that better!!

Ah. I don’t know why I read with the dining package you still need to arrive no less than 30 minutes before. If it’s 15/20 I would like that better!!
Disney will say that (they say a lot of things.) We learned quickly, like many other things they say, it's inaccurate. We've been doing the 15-20 mins. ahead (with dining) for many many yrs. and have never had an issue. This past Feb. we still had ppl. coming into the section with their dining tix as it started.

They say that. I was worried, we arrived like 45 mins prior in March and almost ended up in the splash zone, in fact when I asked to be up high they tried to tell me I had to go to the next available. Yeah, no 🤣 We easily could have arrived 15-20 mins ahead of time.

They say that. I was worried, we arrived like 45 mins prior in March and almost ended up in the splash zone, in fact when I asked to be up high they tried to tell me I had to go to the next available. Yeah, no 🤣 We easily could have arrived 15-20 mins ahead of time.
Ok this is what is very helpful! I think I’ll aim for 20 minutes before!! Thanks

This is on July 5th, so I expect the parks to still be pretty crowded for those coming in for the July 4th festivities.

Right now it says the show starts at 9:15. I'm not sure if they will add a second show or not.

FWIW we had a dining package last night and showed up around 8:15 solely because we were laden down with our Batuu haul and just wanted to sit. We were in the middle of the Mickey section in a perfect spot. Any later we would have been fine but our seats would not have been as good and they start opening those sections to everyone at 8:30.

FWIW we had a dining package last night and showed up around 8:15 solely because we were laden down with our Batuu haul and just wanted to sit. We were in the middle of the Mickey section in a perfect spot. Any later we would have been fine but our seats would not have been as good and they start opening those sections to everyone at 8:30.
Thank you! This is what is confusing me/I think I’m getting conflicting info on, if I show up at 845 I may just get a regular seat? The show section is already opened to everyone? Will I still be guaranteed a seat? I legit am confused about this, I’m also probably making it more difficult then it needs to be

We did the Fantasmic dining package back in May at Mama Melrose. We had dinner at 5 ish and were done by 6:30. we had time to do a few attractions and we headed that way @ 8:35 and got right in. We had perfect seats. The dining package saves you from having to wait in a long line. We just walked right in and right to The reserved section. I would say, if you are interested in saving time waiting in line, the dining package is worth it.

I can tell you of our experiences. Back in early December we had a dining package @ Mama Melroses. Dinner ran later than expected and we ended up arriving 15 minutes before Fantasmic & got a nice seat front & center in the dining section. We were there a few weeks ago in early May & did standby. We arrived about 35 minutes before showtime & were seated in the last section on the left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter