Fantasmic! Information and shared experiences!

This looks much better than the 2019 menu. I don't see anything my dd will eat! I wish they had other dessert options, I can't eat chocolate.
They offered to let me get the monkey bread as dessert. I don't know if that has chocolate. We could sub regular entrees for our meal, so they might let you sub other desserts. You could also ask for the dessert inside the chocolate ball (raspberry mousse type cake with mango sorbet) without the chocolate ball (or just not eat the chocolate part).

They offered to let me get the monkey bread as dessert. I don't know if that has chocolate. We could sub regular entrees for our meal, so they might let you sub other desserts. You could also ask for the dessert inside the chocolate ball (raspberry mousse type cake with mango sorbet) without the chocolate ball (or just not eat the chocolate part).
Thank you! That is great to know. I'm sure my dd could get something off the regular menu, and I could certainly eat Monkey Bread :)

We did the River Belle Terrace premium dining package. The food was pretty good. I got the red beans and rice for the starter and the filet and scallops for the main course. We arrived late because we got stuck on the Matterhorn. Definitely do not check in at the normal River Belle check in. The staff there seemed to have no idea what to do with us and just let us stand there for a time until the premium folks came over to fetch us. The entrance and check-in for the premium dining is over by the Pirates queue where the exit gate is that will get you out by the Tarzan Treehouse. Since we came from Frontierland to avoid the bottleneck in Adventureland, we didn't see it and the main check-in staff didn't seem aware enough to send us over there. A bit frustrating but tensions were already high for me as I feared we wasted our chance to see Fantasmic from a decent vantage point.

Overall, I was not super impressed with the viewing angle. We were in the 2nd set of tables. There are 3 rows. 1 by the bar overlooking the River. 1 in the middle. 1 next to the restaurant. If you can sit in the first row by the bar, your view is great. Anything beyond that and you're dodging light poles and trees. Mickey was obscured by trees and in general I didn't feel our view was worth the money. I did enjoy not having to wait around for a spot but in hindsight, I wish we had just done the Hungry Bear package that I cancelled and ate next to the River at our own pace. The Riverboat and Pirate Ship views were great. Anything on the island was far away. The dragon animatronic did not happen so we just got the virtual dragon which was disappointing.

We did 3 packages on this trip: Main Street Electrical Parade Plaza Inn package, World of Color dessert party, and River Belle Premium. I would rank them in order of enjoyment: WoC dessert party, MSEP for the closeness and not having to worry about staking out a space, and Fantasmic in the rear. Fantasmic was the only one I regretted doing.

we have standard RBT dining booked for F! but i am not sure my 12 year old will eat off of the adult menu and I really want to switch to BB but again the adult menu wouldn't be an option and for those prices I want him to eat!

We did the River Belle Terrace premium dining package. The food was pretty good. I got the red beans and rice for the starter and the filet and scallops for the main course. We arrived late because we got stuck on the Matterhorn. Definitely do not check in at the normal River Belle check in. The staff there seemed to have no idea what to do with us and just let us stand there for a time until the premium folks came over to fetch us. The entrance and check-in for the premium dining is over by the Pirates queue where the exit gate is that will get you out by the Tarzan Treehouse. Since we came from Frontierland to avoid the bottleneck in Adventureland, we didn't see it and the main check-in staff didn't seem aware enough to send us over there. A bit frustrating but tensions were already high for me as I feared we wasted our chance to see Fantasmic from a decent vantage point.

Overall, I was not super impressed with the viewing angle. We were in the 2nd set of tables. There are 3 rows. 1 by the bar overlooking the River. 1 in the middle. 1 next to the restaurant. If you can sit in the first row by the bar, your view is great. Anything beyond that and you're dodging light poles and trees. Mickey was obscured by trees and in general I didn't feel our view was worth the money. I did enjoy not having to wait around for a spot but in hindsight, I wish we had just done the Hungry Bear package that I cancelled and ate next to the River at our own pace. The Riverboat and Pirate Ship views were great. Anything on the island was far away. The dragon animatronic did not happen so we just got the virtual dragon which was disappointing.

We did 3 packages on this trip: Main Street Electrical Parade Plaza Inn package, World of Color dessert party, and River Belle Premium. I would rank them in order of enjoyment: WoC dessert party, MSEP for the closeness and not having to worry about staking out a space, and Fantasmic in the rear. Fantasmic was the only one I regretted doing.
thanks for the review
i am thinking of just doing WOC dessert party instead of any Fantasmic dining packages and taking our chances on getting a spot for MESP and maybe the late show of F!

thanks for the review
i am thinking of just doing WOC dessert party instead of any Fantasmic dining packages and taking our chances on getting a spot for MESP and maybe the late show of F!
You're welcome. I think the WOC dessert party is such a better value if you enjoy desserts. You also can take the leftovers back to your hotel or house. You get an alcoholic beverage for each adult and multiple soft drinks or juices for the kids. The view is so much better as unless you get a 6 foot + person in front of you, you shouldn't miss anything.

You're welcome. I think the WOC dessert party is such a better value if you enjoy desserts. You also can take the leftovers back to your hotel or house. You get an alcoholic beverage for each adult and multiple soft drinks or juices for the kids. The view is so much better as unless you get a 6 foot + person in front of you, you shouldn't miss anything.
i heard there are table options when you check in for WOC, any table tips? we are not a tall family - lol

i heard there are table options when you check in for WOC, any table tips? we are not a tall family - lol
They asked us if we wanted low or high seats. I asked which was better and they said low. There are raised barstool type seats or just normal seats. We went low and it was fine. We were almost dead center so maybe that colored my opinion in a more positive light. Trying to remember exactly but I believe there are two to 3 rows. One near the rail but it has a big lowered shrub area below you that doesn't affect your view and keeps people out of your view or at least more forward. The other row is behind that and had low and high chairs.

Thank you! That is great to know. I'm sure my dd could get something off the regular menu, and I could certainly eat Monkey Bread :)
I got the Monkey Bread on Saturday. The current version is "turtle". So, caramel and chocolate sauce, pecans and chocolate chips on top, whipped cream. You can ask for it without chocolate sauce and chips. But it was so so so dry! I love Monkey Bread and have gotten it at RBT before, really liking it (pumpkin spice was delicious), but I could only eat a few bites of this one before I gave up. The waiter said they had just switched vendors, so it could be the new regular thing.

They also have house-made pudding. Not sure if that is chocolate or another flavored, as I was just excited to get the Monkey Bread.

I got the Monkey Bread on Saturday. The current version is "turtle". So, caramel and chocolate sauce, pecans and chocolate chips on top, whipped cream. You can ask for it without chocolate sauce and chips. But it was so so so dry! I love Monkey Bread and have gotten it at RBT before, really liking it (pumpkin spice was delicious), but I could only eat a few bites of this one before I gave up. The waiter said they had just switched vendors, so it could be the new regular thing.

They also have house-made pudding. Not sure if that is chocolate or another flavored, as I was just excited to get the Monkey Bread.
Thanks for the update! I guess I'll just have to go get beignets or a churro after the show :) Maybe the pudding will be good. That's what I had when we did Fantasmic in 2019.

thanks for the review
We really enjoyed the WOC dessert party. Check in early (we went at 7:30 for the 9pm show, which had an 8pm check in time) but that was opening weekend so might not be necessary to go that early now. You choose your table in the order you arrive. We sat at a high top table with low tops in front of us and had a perfect view. The high top tables have directors chairs with foot rests which are extremely comfortable. You get two adult beverages per person and unlimited drinks. My only complaint is they didn’t have bread service as in the past. Bread service would have made the experience a 10/10 for me.

First photo shows the low tops in front of us.

F7A903B3-8E99-48C6-9498-76CC3AA26B12.jpeg
B4A4FE43-7495-4D40-9F7B-D48392A020E3.jpeg
A03FCCA2-282E-43A2-AE19-93979EFA5BC3.jpeg

We really enjoyed the WOC dessert party. Check in early (we went at 7:30 for the 9pm show, which had an 8pm check in time) but that was opening weekend so might not be necessary to go that early now. You choose your table in the order you arrive. We sat at a high top table with low tops in front of us and had a perfect view. The high top tables have directors chairs with foot rests which are extremely comfortable. You get two adult beverages per person and unlimited drinks. My only complaint is they didn’t have bread service as in the past. Bread service would have made the experience a 10/10 for me.

First photo shows the low tops in front of us.

View attachment 674829
View attachment 674830
View attachment 674831
I’m doing this next week! I’m torn on low top vs high top. I’ll have a toddler in my lap and I am worried if we do the low top, that people standing in front of us will block her view.

I’m doing this next week! I’m torn on low top vs high top. I’ll have a toddler in my lap and I am worried if we do the low top, that people standing in front of us will block her view.
We chose the high tops due to our kids. They had their own chairs but I would have been comfortable with a toddler in my lap in the directors chair. It wouldn’t work well if it was a backless high-top chair or if the chair didn’t have a footrest but the chairs and nice.

She talks to a cast member about it somewhere towards the end.
OK that was weird. The CM says sorry, you can’t order off the regular menu and then she says she saw someone on social media with a burger and fries for the Fantasmic package and he says there is a burger and onion rings on the Fantasmic package menu …. Which I’m pretty sure there isn’t.

All these CMs sounded super confused. I feel for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter