Family get their car broken into at mk and their gun goes missing

I'm the person that not only hides the Garmin, but also tries to wipe off the circle on the wind shield left by the suction cup bracket. My husband thinks I'm nuts.

QUOTE]

I do this too! I don't leave the Garmin in the car, but you don't want people thinking you might!

LilGMom said:
The gun is in the car in an enclosed area up front near either DH or myself. The kids are buckled in the back so unless they unbuckle, climb over the seat and knock us out they aren't getting to the gun. We are also quick to tell any law enforcement (on the one time that we were pulled over for slightly - within 5mph - exceeding the posted speed limit) that there is a weapon in the car and DH does have a permit/license. When we exit the car the gun then goes on DH's body and is concealed under a shirt or pullover of some sort.

**Bolding is mine** - So are you telling me, roomthreeseventeen, that you are blaming this family and calling them negligent because they had a weapon in their vehicle (which we can assume was locked after they exited their vehicle) and some criminal broke into their car? Assuming that they are responsible gun users/owners I seriously doubt that they had this gun laying on the front seat or even in plain sight so the criminal probably had to go digging through the victim's belongings to find it. How is that negligent?

So following your way of blaming the victim.... if I am driving my black car and someone hits me at night I should be called negligent because my car blends in with the night? Or if I have a computer/gaming system set up in my house that can be seen from a window and someone breaks into it I am negligent because maybe the criminal felt "taunted" by something I had that they wanted? :confused3

Thank you sound like responsible gun owners

disney david said:
Yeah but they need to get the owner ship transferred over to a living permit owner.

In the state of Florida you do not need permits to own a gun. The only permit required is a concealed weapon permit if you decide to conceal and carry.

wow I fell for the family their is nothing worses then being on vacation and finding someone has broken in to you car.

I can relate to them I live in NYC and had a my car broken during hurcan Irean while I was at disney world when I came home I found my trunk open my car be ramshaked and called the local pct and I was told to call 911. they came out not only to take a report but to print the car as well.

why would this be any diffent other then it happend in disney ? if some one brakes in to your car at the mall would you call 911.. Don't tell my you would wouldn't .

I would love to hear a LEO's perspective to this debeate on calling 911 I know they get a lot on non emergency..

Tony NY said:
wow I fell for the family their is nothing worses then being on vacation and finding someone has broken in to you car.

I can relate to them I live in NYC and had a my car broken during hurcan Irean while I was at disney world when I came home I found my trunk open my car be ramshaked and called the local pct and I was told to call 911. they came out not only to take a report but to print the car as well.

why would this be any diffent other then it happend in disney ? if some one brakes in to your car at the mall would you call 911.. Don't tell my you would wouldn't .

I would love to hear a LEO's perspective to this debeate on calling 911 I know they get a lot on non emergency..

Thank you I knew I was not the only one who knew to call 911 for car break ins.

roomthreeseventeen said:
The people in question are from Mississippi, where you need your own license to own a gun.

My fault on the Mississippi part...just had a brain fart

maybe the Grandfather died & they got it from the will - alot of people still think about things belonging to who used own it - I have bowls that I still think of as Granny's

It's also possible they borrowed the gun for their long drive vacation. :scratchin

....which is illegal.

Assuming he doesn't have a permit. Lots of assuming going on...maybe we should hold off on speculation and wait for facts before judging anyone guilty of possessing an unlicensed firearm.

It was a sad thing for any family to go through, whether there was a gun in their car or not. And it can serve as a useful lesson to those going to the parks...

Disney is not immune from "bad guys."
Don't leave valuables in your car. (Use the lockers?)
Wipe off the Garmin spot (love this!).
I'm sure there are other lessons to be learned, but 3 is my limit for one day! :)

Can't believe all these pages turned into a discussion about keeping a gun versus the fact that Disney has no security cameras in the parking lot. I am very disappointed with Disney. They know that thieves are cruising the parking lots and that many of their guess will have luggage and other valuables in their cars. Not to mention the risk of personal attacks.

I don't expect Disney to be free of risk but I do expect the risk to be better managed.

I guess I'm in the minority on the 911 vs non emergency. I've had my entire car stolen from right outside my door, broken into on a different occasion with stuff stolen, and even had my car hit while parked. Called non emergency number every time, while all were very upsetting, I don't really think of them as emergencies. Police still came promptly every time. Did call 911 while working at a drive thru at a restaurant because the guys was drunk, very drunk. Police nabbed him about 100 feet off property.

Lots of people carry a gun in their car. There are a lot of things that are not known though:
Was there a gun lock on the trigger?
Was it locked in a glove compartment?
Was it loaded?
Was it conceiled?
Did they have a permit to carry a conceiled weapon?
Lots of unknowns here.

I have never felt the need to shoot anyone at disney (ok maybee the Brazillian tour groups) but are you allowed to carry firearms there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter