False Corner Verandah

Wendy Darling CA

Mouseketeer
Our current verandah room has a "false corner". It is mid ship and not considered obstructed, but I guess one side has a slight loss of view due to the shaping of design of ship curve. Anyone stayed in one like this have opinions or photos?? Is this worth changing to a different room?

Have you tried a google search for the room by ship and number. Chances are their are photos/videos out there that show this.

This is not my picture, but shows 7120 on the Wonder which is classed as a 7A. We love this room and the similar ones on the Magic and as you can see there is a significant obstruction, but the view and verandah are still great.

We had a 7A once on the Wonder and we were fine with it. I don't have a photo, but it's similar to the pp photo, but on the starboard side.

I actually liked it because it gave us some shade at times.

We like this kind of cabin too. I believe Disney calls the 7A's Navigator Verandahs. We stayed in 5636 aboard the Wonder. I like it because it feels tucked away and feels a little more private. In my opinion you do not lose any view or light.

Unfortunately I did not take a picture of the Verandah either

Secret Verandah Cabin. Cabins 6134, 6634, 7120, 7620 On the Wonder and Magic. You are paying the lower 7A price but getting a view more like a Cat 6. I would snatch one if available.

We didn’t notice the lack of view from that “obstruction.” But I do appreciate having the ability to see through below the rail. And definitely more light and openness than white walls.

We had 6134. No photo, as it wasn’t something that gave us pause.

We jump on these staterooms if/when available.
Probably my biggest indulgence on DCL as DW would be fine with an inside cabin, but I get a bit claustrophobic or maybe I just love seeing that we are "sailing the earth".

We've done Cat.5's too, but it's nice to save some $xxx's every now & then, yes?

Probably my biggest indulgence on DCL as DW would be fine with an inside cabin, but I get a bit claustrophobic or maybe I just love seeing that we are "sailing the earth".

We've done Cat.5's too, but it's nice to save some $xxx's every now & then, yes?
No money saved, as its not considered obstructed...that's why I's wondering if I should get another room without the corner,

No money saved, as its not considered obstructed...that's why I's wondering if I should get another room without the corner,

Attachments

• verandah2.jpg
    verandah2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 12
That little bit of the side of the ship would not concern me, but it does seem to concern you. So if there is a cabin available nearby that doesn’t have that, I think you should switch.

We had this. It was annoying! DH woul always race out to the verandah first in the morning to get the good side. We avoid these rooms now.

Ah, I see. We usually book a 7A which has more obstruction but I don't mind it, we are saving money. If you can get a room without that for the same price, why not switch?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter