Fall 2008 PIs

Hello, My name is Valerie. I've applied for several PIs. The only one I have had a second interview with Guest Relations for the Studios. My interview was on April 2nd. I haven't heard anything yet. I'm feeling pretty nervous, and trying not to get up hope.

I love Walt Disney World, this is where I really want to have a long term career. I'm graduating this semester so I'm not sure what I will do if I don't get one.

I know...its driving me nuts too...did anyone figure out how many people got the second interview and how many of the 18 positions are left???[/QUOTE

i heard that they've given away 3 or 4 of the operations management positions, which means there are 14-15 positions left. this could be way off though.

i'm assuming no one else has heard yet?

nope still waiting to hear from any of mine. 2 weeks today from ops management interviews. ugh, I just want to know now! I'm going crazy waiting this long!

I'm still waiting on the Travel Industry Marketing and Communications Internship. Did anyone else apply for this one? I had my second interview but that was like over 2 weeks ago. All this waiting is driving me insane!!!!

I'm still waiting on the Travel Industry Marketing and Communications Internship. Did anyone else apply for this one? I had my second interview but that was like over 2 weeks ago. All this waiting is driving me insane!!!!

My friend was just offered Travel Industry Marketing, today I think. I don't know how many interns they take, but hopefully you will hear from them soon!

Hmm..there were a couple of different marketing positions for the travel industry...I wonder which one it was..... :sad2:

Hey guys! This is probably the wrong place to post this...but I don't really know these boards. I am looking into interning at Disney in January 2009, after I graduate college. I just started looking at the internships, so I have a few questions. Do I have to graduate from Disney College to do their internships? I noticed some ask for grads from there and some don't. Is it a requirement? Also, I noticed that there is select housing for interns, so we have to find our own. Where do most interns chose to do their housing at? (I would be either in Fl. or California). How much do interns get paid, so I know what rent range to look for. After I apply, how long do I have to wait to hear back from someone, on average? I think that's all the q's I have for now. ha. Any help from people who have experienced this would be seriously appreciated!!

Hey guys! This is probably the wrong place to post this...but I don't really know these boards. I am looking into interning at Disney in January 2009, after I graduate college. I just started looking at the internships, so I have a few questions. Do I have to graduate from Disney College to do their internships? I noticed some ask for grads from there and some don't. Is it a requirement? Also, I noticed that there is select housing for interns, so we have to find our own. Where do most interns chose to do their housing at? (I would be either in Fl. or California). How much do interns get paid, so I know what rent range to look for. After I apply, how long do I have to wait to hear back from someone, on average? I think that's all the q's I have for now. ha. Any help from people who have experienced this would be seriously appreciated!!

you don't necessarily have to have completed the college program to do a professional internship, but they tend to favor those who have done it, as they have an idea of what kind of employee you were, or some idea...where you are based out of depends on the job, most of them tend to be in Fla, and interns get paid anywhere from 8 to 18 a hour depending on the role, but if you go for management interning, that is 600 a week.. if you plan to do a mgmt internship, you need to find your own housing, other interns have a choice of northbridge, or their own housing.. northbridge is 30 min away and abt 130 or so in rent.. i think its every 2 weeks, i am not sure on that...when you apply, you will get an email saying you were chosen to move on in hiring process and will do 2nd interview via phone.. or it would say thanks for applying, etc, basically saying you were not chosen..i applied in feb for mgmt training, i heard back mid march and had my 2nd interview about 2 weeks ago..so i'm waiting on that..

Thanks for the reply!! I don't think my intern will be mang't. The ones I'm looking at are undergrad or full-time. I thought the intern in FL. got the choice of Northbridge...but what about those in Cali? Do you know if they get a choice of housing? Is it normally fairly competitive to get into programs? Or is it easier to get some position, since they distribute your resume to their affiliates and you can apply for three positions? I've just started researching into Disney Interns...so I don't know much about it.

Ok, so its been exactly two weeks since my interview. The waiting is making me CRAZY!! AHHH! Anyone think I should call the manager and ask what is going on? :)

makinmusic-

I've tried...they just say that it is now in the hands of the recruiters and that you will hear from them one way or another...meaning even if you don't get the position you should get an email or something.

Good luck!

Ok, so its been exactly two weeks since my interview. The waiting is making me CRAZY!! AHHH! Anyone think I should call the manager and ask what is going on? :)

Makinmusic- what did you apply for? I also had an interview 2 weeks ago today so I called casting today to see if they could give me any information and they say to wait till the end of the week and see, she said that they may still be figuring out things.

Makinmusic- what did you apply for? I also had an interview 2 weeks ago today so I called casting today to see if they could give me any information and they say to wait till the end of the week and see, she said that they may still be figuring out things.

Do you know if we can call casting to find out for all the internships??? Or are they just for the management positions?????

I think you would be able to call about all of them. I don't see why not. They weren't able to tell me much but it helped a bit to know what was going on somewhat.

When I call, they tell me to wait until May 16.... I highly doubt they'll notify someone of an acceptance that late, considering the PI probably starts just a month later.

I think you would be able to call about all of them. I don't see why not. They weren't able to tell me much but it helped a bit to know what was going on somewhat.

Thanks, for the help!!! I wish I knew b/c if I am accepted I would like to find my own housing!!!! I have't heard anything since my last interviews, which was around mid-march!!! So the wait is nerve wrecking!!!!!!!!!! They couldn't tell you anything about your status, or do you have to contact the department you applied for???

When I call, they tell me to wait until May 16.... I highly doubt they'll notify someone of an acceptance that late, considering the PI probably starts just a month later.

Yea, thanks!!!! They couldn't tell you anything, even if the PI positions are full??? I want to email the department, but don't want to seem impatient!!!!

Thanks, for the help!!! I wish I knew b/c if I am accepted I would like to find my own housing!!!! I have't heard anything since my last interviews, which was around mid-march!!! So the wait is nerve wrecking!!!!!!!!!! They couldn't tell you anything about your status, or do you have to contact the department you applied for???

Yea, thanks!!!! They couldn't tell you anything, even if the PI positions are full??? I want to email the department, but don't want to seem impatient!!!!

No... they wouldn't tell me if the departments I applied to had finished hiring for the PIs. I've tried a few different times, as we all know that casting can tell you a different answer every time. But, they've consistently said they can't tell whether the PIs have been filled... So we wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter