Fall 2007 College Program

I'm curious what you find out, Laura. My son was accepted into the CP for Merchandise, but he was told by his school (York College in PA) that they would not be giving credits for the courses Disney offers. Disney recruiting office told me that a student in the CP only really has time for one or two of the courses that Disney offers, because you have to work 30 hours a week. Your school would have to accept the work as credits in addition to giving you credit for the courses. Unfortunately, my son didn't want to lose a semester, so he declined the offer (we were both disappointed). We may have been able to plead a case for his school giving him credit for the courses, but that would only have been 6. Also, you don't sign up for the courses until the day you check in, and then your work has to be scheduled around them.

HI everyone! I haven't been on here in a long while, but I have a question. I'm interviewing tomorrow for the fall program, and I wanted to know a bit more about character attendant. Is there a separate interview like it states on the role checklist? Also, this is a really long shot, but does anyone know of someone from Millersville University in PA who has done the program? I'm having some trouble figuring out my financial aid for the next semester, if I do the program in the fall! Everyone I've talked to at school says I have to take 12 credits in order to not lose my full-time status.

Thanks so much!
Laura

Hi Laura. Character attendant is a great role. You get to play and hang around with the characters all day long. You get to work in all 4 parks. Nope, you do not need a seperate interview for it. Unfortunately I can not answer the second question, but good luck on it. And if you have any more questions feel free to ask.:)

Laura,

My daughter is a freshman at Delaware, but she too has financial aid along with a grant from the state. I was told by the Financial Aid office that she would NOT lose her aid/grant as she will be taking a one semester leave of absense. None of the courses at Disney really relate for her, she is going for the experience.

I'm having some trouble figuring out my financial aid for the next semester, if I do the program in the fall! Everyone I've talked to at school says I have to take 12 credits in order to not lose my full-time status.

Thanks so much!
Laura

Thanks for your help everyone! I did talk to a another student here that was able to be declared as a full-time student, even though he was only taking one course. And I was also told that I will probably be able to get 3 credits just for doing the program. But I will definitely have to check into the semester leave of absence. Because I really don't think I'd be able to juggle 40 hrs of work, and 3 classes. I just don't want to have to start paying off loans right now!

And wow! Character Attendant sounds awesome! I'll definitely check that one on my role sheet!

Thanks so much!!!!

Thanks for your help everyone! I did talk to a another student here that was able to be declared as a full-time student, even though he was only taking one course. And I was also told that I will probably be able to get 3 credits just for doing the program. But I will definitely have to check into the semester leave of absence. Because I really don't think I'd be able to juggle 40 hrs of work, and 3 classes. I just don't want to have to start paying off loans right now!

And wow! Character Attendant sounds awesome! I'll definitely check that one on my role sheet!

Thanks so much!!!!

You are welcome. :) Good luck.

My interview was today!! It was with Tricia, and she was really nice! I think it went really well, so we'll see!:dumbo:

Hi! I'm new to this board but I just got accepted into the Fall Program!! I will be going over there on September 5 and will be working in Merchandise. I would like to get to know some people before I get there and just thought I would let you all know about me!!

I am 22 (23 in july), live in Puerto Rico. I'm studying Computer Engineering. I'm married and have a 3 year old daughter so that would definitely be the hardest thing for me over there, leaving my family. Um... don't drink, smoke or party too much and would really like to find someone to have as a roommate that would share sort of my same thoughts and not be too much of a party person since I would really like to lay low while I'm over there. Just working and getting a new experience without actually getting my husband thinking I'm out partying or whatever. Anyways, anyone interested please be sure to add me on facebook or myspace. My email is vloor@hotmail.com

THANKS!!

Hi vloor, and welcome to DISboards!

Congratulations on your acceptance to the Disney CP! I do not not drink or smoke either (I am 22) and am looking for a roommate as well, but my arrival date is August 13th. It's really helpful to read "The College Program Questions thread" and just browse through DISboards in general to really get into the Disney spirit. :) PM me if you have any questions!

I have a quick question, I have a GPA of around 2.6 and attend a community college. What is this possibly that i will get turned down?

Hey, YOu dont need to worry. My GPA was lower than that and I got in! I was soo worried about that, but I guess it dosent matter. They never asked me for it, and they only asked that I was in one college course, thats it. It took exaclty 2 weeks from the date of my phone interview to get my acceptance letter in the mail. I did the e-pres. Go for it!!

Hi All! Congratulations to everyone that has been accepted into the program! Good luck to those who have applied and are still waiting! I have been accepted into Fall 2007 as a character performer. My arrival date is 8/15. I wish the acceptance packet told the character performers more about the role I would really like to know if I will be a fur character or possibly dancing in a parade! I did make it to the advanced dance combination so I am hoping to get to dance in a parade!

Hi All! Congratulations to everyone that has been accepted into the program! Good luck to those who have applied and are still waiting! I have been accepted into Fall 2007 as a character performer. My arrival date is 8/15. I wish the acceptance packet told the character performers more about the role I would really like to know if I will be a fur character or possibly dancing in a parade! I did make it to the advanced dance combination so I am hoping to get to dance in a parade!

That's awsome! Congrats.

Congrats, summergrlshs! I'm also in entertainment (arriving Aug. 13 I think), so hopefully we'll meet in person!

:)

I'm still awaiting my approval letter for the CareerStart program, but I'm pretty sure I'm in because they requested that I mail in my original pages (they need the authentic signatures, I faxed mine in originally) and she kept saying things like "Well, when you're down here" and "You will be...", you know phrases like that.

I'm so excited to possibly be a part of this with all of you! She said I will be arriving sometime in August, but she did offer May (which I can't do because I'm going to DL).

We all might be neighbors before we know it!

Hi again! I just got my letter today, and I was accepted for operations!!! I'm so excited! :cool1: Now I have two weeks to figure out if I can actually do it! (school credit, financial aid, insurance) So thanks for all of the help and advice!
Laura

Hi again! I just got my letter today, and I was accepted for operations!!! I'm so excited! :cool1: Now I have two weeks to figure out if I can actually do it! (school credit, financial aid, insurance) So thanks for all of the help and advice!
Laura

Congratulations, Laura! I hope everything works out.

Laura

That's awsome! Congrats. I hope you do the CP- it is an awsome experience.

I am doing my third CP this summer. I was accepted for the Summer Alumni program in custodial, and I will also be seasonal in my old role.

Thanks guys! I'm really excited, because it's something I really want to do! I'm going to try my hardest this week to get everything worked out! For those who have done it before, do you recommend bringing your car down?

Thanks guys! I'm really excited, because it's something I really want to do! I'm going to try my hardest this week to get everything worked out! For those who have done it before, do you recommend bringing your car down?

If you can, I would HIGHLY suggest bringing your car. The bus system works, but it is just so much easier with a car (plus, you'll make lots of friends;) ).

Hey y'all!!! I'm SOOOOO EXCITED! Can't wait to meet everyone down there! Question...does any one know how the classes work? How long do they last, how many weeks are they, are they fun/hard/worth it, how often do you go, how does it work with your work schedules....etc.?

Thanks! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter