Experiencing the Reimagined Top of the World Lounge - A Villains Lair!

This is an especially interesting question because it is coming from people who are in a position to pay for a WDW vacation of any variety at least semi-regularly.

I think it is very similar to most people's definitions of "a good driver." In short: anyone driving faster than me is a maniac, and anyone driving slower than me is a burden and obstacle to everyone else on the road.
If you could just move to the right lane that would be helpful. Thanks. :)

:rotfl2:

Last night every DVC member who wanted access to the deck for the fireworks was granted free access. They could order from the bar, they just could not sit down at a table since they were all reserved. I don‘t think that’s really a bad setup. By making the reservations it at least guarantees a certain amount of revenue per table. I would bet in the past a lot of people went up there early and sat on tables ordering very little, not only starving the lounge of revenue, but mostly hurting the wait staff of tips. I get that our dues partly cover the lounge, but I also understand Disney wanting to get revenue from highly valuable real estate.
How are the tables reserved? Meaning if I get up to go outside what keeps someone from grabbing my reserved table?

Was your hotel reservation made with direct points, resale points, or cash?

Thanks.
I’m not 100% sure since I own both direct and resale (pre-restriction) points. My guess is that the room was booked with a combination of direct and resale points. From what I understand that part does not make a difference, you just have to be staying on property and have a blue card to get access.

How are the tables reserved? Meaning if I get up to go outside what keeps someone from grabbing my reserved table?
They have a CM working the entrance and I think their job is to kinda keep track of who has reserved tables and who does not.
We went outside a few times before and during fireworks just to check out the view and there was no issue.

Thanks for the report. I was really hoping this would be the case. There really isn't any reason not to allow Members up to the deck - it can safely hold a lot of people. Restricting the lounge to reservations or drink orders won't be an issue for many of us. Views are better from the dek, anyway! :)
My guess is they are not allowing people to come up till 9 so people do not try to grab tables that are reserved for other people? There is a person working the front door though so that may not be the reason.
I think if you have a reservation and do not show up by 9:00 that table opens up to the first person that was waiting, so maybe that’s also why?

My best guess is after a few weeks they start letting people come up early (if anything it allows them to sell more drinks) but they cannot get a table if there is a reservation on it. Time shall tell on that.

My guess is they are not allowing people to come up till 9 so people do not try to grab tables that are reserved for other people? There is a person working the front door though so that may not be the reason.
I think if you have a reservation and do not show up by 9:00 that table opens up to the first person that was waiting, so maybe that’s also why?

My best guess is after a few weeks they start letting people come up early (if anything it allows them to sell more drinks) but they cannot get a table if there is a reservation on it. Time shall tell on that.
Were the tables and chairs outside on the deck (the ones that replaced the benches) reserved too? Or were they available for the members coming up at 9:00?

So the lounge really doesn’t open at 6 if they’re doing the event the earliest non-event goers can go is 9 - correct?

Were the tables and chairs outside on the deck (the ones that replaced the benches) reserved too? Or were they available for the members coming up at 9:00?
Only indoor tables were reserved. The outdoor tables were not.
But I didn’t see anyone sit at the outdoor tables. Most people came up for the fireworks and left right after.

So the lounge really doesn’t open at 6 if they’re doing the event the earliest non-event goers can go is 9 - correct?

I think it will depend on how many reservations they have. If it is sold out..meaning they have enough groups who paid, then they won’t let anyone up because it will be considered full..since the reservation is open ended. Our plan is to go around 7:30 pm on Wednesday so I suppose that means my table stays empty until I get there.

But, if someone shows up and it didn’t sell out, I will assume that they will let people in for the number of tables not reserved

From the reports so far, people have been told many nights are sold out but also that cancellations are happening as well

The good news is those that really only want to go for fireworks will be allowed up as long as the deck is not yet full.

Plus we don’t know if this will continue or not. My guess is it will and that those who don’t do the special events will have access at least from shortly before fireworks until closing. Going before that will be FCFS but hopefully they can find a way to announce it’s sold out so no one heads there too early and is forced to stay on the BLT lobby

Yes, last Wed we tried at 6:30pm to get a reservation at the podium & was put on a waitlist & at 9:00pm they texted us (lounging in Contemporary) & let us have a table inside the lounge. We ordered drinks & apps. Had a really bad storm that night so 9pm fireworks were canceled but had the 11pm fireworks & then we headed over for Extended Hours.

We’re going next week, I have a family set of cute Villains themed tee shirts we were thinking of wearing. Would this be appropriate? Or is the villan’s theme pretty weak, and we need to be dressed nicer? I heard it was pretty muted, and more classy type of place?

We’re going next week, I have a family set of cute Villains themed tee shirts we were thinking of wearing. Would this be appropriate? Or is the villan’s theme pretty weak, and we need to be dressed nicer? I heard it was pretty muted, and more classy type of place?
IMO it's fairly muted with basically just pictures on the walls of villains but if that's something you & your family want to do, I say go for it!

Last night every DVC member who wanted access to the deck for the fireworks was granted free access. They could order from the bar, they just could not sit down at a table since they were all reserved. I don‘t think that’s really a bad setup. By making the reservations it at least guarantees a certain amount of revenue per table. I would bet in the past a lot of people went up there early and sat on tables ordering very little, not only starving the lounge of revenue, but mostly hurting the wait staff of tips. I get that our dues partly cover the lounge, but I also understand Disney wanting to get revenue from highly valuable real estate.
Thanks for the information. BTW, our dues do not cover the lounge whatsoever. The lounge is a commercial unit and is strictly Disney owned. https://dvcnews.com/resorts/bay-lak...g-ownership-status-of-top-of-the-world-lounge

Anyone know if they sell or have plans to sell specialty drinking mugs with certain drinks? (Similar to Trader Sam's and Oga's Cantina).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter