Experiencing the Reimagined Top of the World Lounge - A Villains Lair!

We use the lounge for pre dinner drinks, guess that won't work for our early August trip. I would not want that job as a server or bartender. Hours of tips you won't get because they don't let people up without a reservation before the fireworks.

We use the lounge for pre dinner drinks, guess that won't work for our early August trip. I would not want that job as a server or bartender. Hours of tips you won't get because they don't let people up without a reservation before the fireworks.
My thoughts are the same as yours. While it is a nice space to sit with your family and share a drink and some stories with a great view of the Magic Kingdom, the fireworks view leaves a lot to be desired. I enjoyed going just to get a break from the park. I guess for now we can't do that.

My thoughts are the same as yours. While it is a nice space to sit with your family and share a drink and some stories with a great view of the Magic Kingdom, the fireworks view leaves a lot to be desired. I enjoyed going just to get a break from the park. I guess for now we can't do that.
Agree about the fireworks view. Never understood why so many folks think it’s so great.

So we just finished our night. I got a call this afternoon asking if I had questions and if I had an idea what time we would arrive. I told them around 7 pm.

When we got here, they had the check in person near the elevator. The group in front of us did not have reservations and were put on a waitlist. The CM did ask for ID and to see their digital card with DVC Y before doing that.

Since we had a reservation, she did not ask for anything. I was told because these are made via MS, they will verify eligibility on the phone.

We went up and checked in again and headed to our table. The food..I ended up with the shrimp and my friend the charcuterie..and not to disappoint was the cake..we each brought half of our meals and dessert home…were amazing and I have to say it was so nice and relaxing as we were not rushed.

I did see a few groups who were allowed in during the 2 hours we were there to sit at the bar. One tried to sit at a table and we’re told they were reserved. The CM who waited on us said it was sold out for the night and by 8:00 all tables had filled in.

What we did confirm is that if you come earlier when you have this reserved, you can come back for fireworks. You just show the receipt you purchased it.

No specialty cups being offered. While it is not something we would do every trip, it ended up being a wonderful night.

Around 9 pm they did let more people up but it was not crowded on the deck. After fireworks, the lounge pretty much emptied out, but the bar was full.

I did see several groups who were ordering more drinks and food.

All and all we enjoyed it!

Last edited:

So we just finished our night. I got a call this afternoon asking if I had questions and if I had an idea what time we would arrive. I told them around 7 pm.

When we got here, they had the check in person near the elevator. The group in front of us did not have reservations and were put on a waitlist. The CM did ask for ID and to see their digital card with DVC Y before doing that.

Since we had a reservation, she did not ask for anything. I was told because these are made via MS, they will verify eligibility on the phone.

We went up and checked in again and height to our table. The food..I ended up with the shrimp and my friend the charcuterie..and not to disappoint was the cake..we each brought half of our meals and dessert home…were amazing and I have to say it was so nice and relaxing as we were not rushed.

I did see a few groups who were allowed in during the 2 hours we were there to sit at the bar. One tried to sit at a table and we’re told they were reserved. The CM who waited on us said it was sold out for the night and by 8:00 all tables had filled in.

What we did confirm is that if you come earlier when you have this reserved, you can come back for fireworks. You just show the receipt you purchased it.

No specialty cups being offered. While it is not something we would do every trip, it ended up being a wonderful night.

Around 9 pm they did let more people up but it was not crowded on the deck. After fireworks, the lounge pretty much emptied out, but the bar was full.

I did see several groups who were ordering more drinks and food.

All and all we enjoyed it!
Thanks for the complete report! I hope that by January it’s easier to get up there before fireworks without paying for the package, but if it keeps selling out that’s not likely!

Just to make sure i am understanding…
Example 10 Reserved Tables for guests anytime they want to show because they paid for a table … versus the old way…
It still means slow turnover and minimal tips . A table that sits empty waiting for the reserved guest to show up is same as the guests that showed up and sat all night .

If you are No show are you. charged $55 full amount per guest or $10 per guest no show.

Last edited:
Just to make sure i am understanding…
Example 10 Reserved Tables for guests anytime they want to show because they paid for a table … versus the old way…
It still means slow turnover and minimal tips . A table that sits empty waiting for the reserved guest to show up is same as the guests that showed up and sat all night .
Is the tip automatically added?
If you order more drinks , do they offer a DVC discount. Oops that was Tables inWonderland splendor…
Is the villain performance / interaction to watch, still performed ?
Is it just random? Are they the same cast Characters that are possible making a visit after the parade or stageshow or whatever Character meet greet . ?
I guess if every table turned over a $500 check , that would equal a good return .
I know I always spent a lot with 2 grandchildren and 2 adults with drinks, appetizers, and desserts.
Has service improved ? Or still slow wait for service and slow food arriving, slow getting check.
If you are No show are you. charged $55 full amount per guest or $10 per guest no show.

I don’t expect answers Just thinking out loud so others can think too.
What about the resort rooms that are on that level?

Yes, the tables were empty until people arrived but we saw people come and go…not all stayed for fireworks.

Yes, tip is added in at 18%. We normally only went for a drink and to watch fireworks so the made more money if us than we ever spent there.

We saw some people come in from the other way, and I believe they were from the floor. They sat don and were immediately approached to leave as they did not have a reservation. They have people reassigned to tables..the greeter had an iPad with the layout.

Now that this is being run by DVD, I don’t think it needs to turn the profit it did before. And, our service was great. He did ask us if we were staying around for fireworks and we said yes, which I think delayed him worrying about the check.

No idea about no show as you do not pay until you go b I know you said you were not looking for answers but I thought I’d try!

Thanks for the detailed summary. We paid for the MK After Dessert (or Pre-Dessert, I never know the difference) Party last time, and found it wildly overpriced. Since this December will be our first DVC member trip (rented twice before), I am thinking we can try the $55/person TOTW party for the three of us. Like you said, we may not do it much, but it's worth a shot.

We’re planing on going on Thursday. We are new DVC members. We also have reservations at Cali Grill that day because initially that was our plan. Which would you suggest we do? We have been to Cali grill before, but we have one guest that it will be her first time at Disney.

Yeah I was curious about that. What an awful haul that night would be. Unless they pay a full wage and split the tips with entire staff, tables without rotation would suck for a server.
Given how many places at WDW need servers, I'd think many would try to express bus out to somewhere with good table turnover and higher spend right quick.

Under the old setup, I doubt Disney was getting anywhere near $55 per chair in sales per night even if guests could come and go.

As for the servers, $55 x 70 chairs x 18% = minimum $693 per night in tips. Add in some walk-ins at the bar and additional sales to guests at the tables. Overall that seems pretty good even if split among several CMs. Not California Grill money, but probably better than what they were previously earning for a relatively low pressure environment.

Hopefully Disney will start getting the message out that if you don't have a reservation, it's not worth showing up until 9pm.

Hopefully Disney will start getting the message out that if you don't have a reservation, it's not worth showing up until 9pm.
That's the part about this I don't like. My wife and I don't care about watching the fireworks from up there. Often times, we would go as part of a Monorail Crawl and get up there around 5pm when they opened and weren't crowded/slow. We'd have drinks, share an app, and typically leave by the time it started to get crowded. I know we could still do that if we chose via Wicked Wind Down and typically spend over $100 anyway between the two of us. But now we're tied to a dessert we don't want and two apps when we'd most likely only want to share one and just buy drinks. I'd rather the flexibility to do that.

When staying at BLT, we also liked to go up there after the fireworks for drinks when the place wasn't crowded. At least we'll still be able to that it seems.

Profit is one thing, tips are another. Servers care about the latter.

The tip is automatically included with the special event as 18% so it’s possible that they still make amount for the night. We saw some families that were 6 or 8 people.

They had 2 or 3 servers for the tables and I think one..maybe 2.. behind the bar.

We’re planing on going on Thursday. We are new DVC members. We also have reservations at Cali Grill that day because initially that was our plan. Which would you suggest we do? We have been to Cali grill before, but we have one guest that it will be her first time at Disney.
I did Cali Grill last week. Regarding the view.. Six of one, half dozen of the other. DW thought Cali Grill was far better. I definitely wouldn't pay for the TOTWL when you already have a 'ticket' to watch the fireworks at Cali Grill. At least do it on a seperate night.

We're hopeful to take our friends up just to see the view next week. They don't drink and we won't be staying for fireworks. I really hope they will let us up. We plan on being there between 5:30-5:45 to check in. We do not have a reservation for the lounge. We're staying at BCV on points with our friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter