Everything you need to know about WDW Christmas- Tips & Secrets

grumpy&princess said:
can someone tell me if there will be a Character Palooza on Dec 20th or 26th. Those are the two days we will be at HS.

I don't believe there are any in December, since I think Fantasmic shows early every night.

What is character palooza?

It's a mass character appearance in the Animation Building around 4:45 on days without a Fantasmic prior to 7:30.

can someone tell me if there will be a Character Palooza on Dec 20th or 26th. Those are the two days we will be at HS.

Nope. Fantasmic is at 6:30 every night in December. So no Characterpalooza. It's my only complaint about visiting Disney in December.

I don't believe there are any in December, since I think Fantasmic shows early every night.

Yep.

From 12/28 through 1/1, is the MK parade the one from MVMCP? I wanna see the soldiers! And what about the fireworks? Are they the MVMCP ones?

From 12/28 through 1/1, is the MK parade the one from MVMCP? I wanna see the soldiers! And what about the fireworks? Are they the MVMCP ones?

Yes. From 12/22 forward.

Anybody know if the parade usually runs twice (12:30 & 3:30) on 1/1? I have seen that it has thru the 31st, but not sure about the 1st. :confused3

Makes a big difference to us since I would add a room only prior to our package and brave the crowds early morning at MK on the 1st just to see the parade. TIA

Yes. From 12/22 forward.

Just to clarify, for the dates mom2rtk cited the MVMCP will replace the afternoon parade and not MSEP. Please don't show up in the evening expecting to see it when it will have already shown for the day. :goodvibes

Just to clarify, for the dates mom2rtk cited the MVMCP will replace the afternoon parade and not MSEP. Please don't show up in the evening expecting to see it when it will have already shown for the day. :goodvibes

Good point. But isn't it great that folks there during that time can see both?

Crowds and temps are lower and Christmas decor is beautiful the 2nd week of Dec. FD makes a difference for us!

This year, we may not be as lucky with the grand opening of the fantasyland expansion on the 6th. Crowds should be up a little more than usual :(

Great advice - thanks!!! Was wonderding how DTD was for shopping during that time.

Also, love your blog - just bookmarked it so I could read more later!

Thanks for reading! It really is appreciated. It's nice to know people actually read my writting.:goodvibes

So sorry if this question has already been addressed, if so I missed it!
When/where do we find out who the 2012 Christmas parade special performers are?

I only ask out of curiosity as we are arriving late 11/30 so we wouldn't be there for the actual performances anyway. My dd is a big fan of the Disney shows though, and would just be excited to know if any of them were going to be there the same time as her.
We live only a couple hours from Burbank/LA so I did explain to her that I think they film there and we are more likely to see them while here at home, but it would still be fun for her to know who is going to be in Florida the same time as her :upsidedow

I only ask out of curiosity as we are arriving late 11/30 so we wouldn't be there for the actual performances anyway. My dd is a big fan of the Disney shows though, and would just be excited to know if any of them were going to be there the same time as her.
We live only a couple hours from Burbank/LA so I did explain to her that I think they film there and we are more likely to see them while here at home, but it would still be fun for her to know who is going to be in Florida the same time as her :upsidedow

Usually the performers aren't known until just a few days prior to the filming. They will be mentioned on threads like this.

When there in 2010 they started filming somethings on 12-2 it was the saturday we where leaving sat at the train station on main street and watched. So depending on how long youre there you could see something.

of there being a second performance of F! on a late night? We're at DHS 9th Dec with EMH, park closes at 11pm.

TIA

When there in 2010 they started filming somethings on 12-2 it was the saturday we where leaving sat at the train station on main street and watched. So depending on how long youre there you could see something.

Good to know, thanks!

You won't see any of the performers in the parade. Those segments are taped separately on different days. Lots of filming is done over two or three days, and then the "parade" is spliced together with performances from both DL and WDW.

They usually announce ahead of time what day they are going to be taping. I know they did last year.

They usually announce ahead of time what day they are going to be taping. I know they did last year.

It is almost always the first weekend in December. Most people who attend the tapings of the "star" guests are given passes and attend rehearsals (families of the kids in the parades, etc.). It is all very well organized and very well staged--just like everything Disney does. The day we attend the Jonas Bros. taping, we had to be at MK at 7 am and rehearsed until noon. The actual parade began later that day with many takes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter