Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they ship yet? change the address if you can still customize. If they did, you can get them from your parents as PP suggests. you can also stop at the front desk when you get there and request cards for everyone that needs one. while easier to check into magical express with a band, there is no problem to with checking in without them.

Am I wrong in thinking your talking about your planes land different times but your all there the same day?
We are driving and they are flying, same day arrival. I could have them mail them to us, I would just worry about them not getting to us in time. Our plans changed and we will now be able to split our drive into two days and thus arrive earlier than we would have when we initially were planning to do the whole drive in one day.

Is there a way for me to preload money on their MagicBands?
Magic Bands have nothing on them. No money at all. They are just a link to the MDE account which has the hotel reservation. Any charges made with the MB go to the credit card on file at the hotel.

Why not just give them a Disney Gift card for the amount?

[QUOTE="
Why not just give them a Disney Gift card for the amount?[/QUOTE]

That's what I'll end up doing, but the Magic Bands would have been a lot easier. A gift card is easily lost and potentially hard for a 7th grader juggling food, drink and paying without accidentally misplacing it.

Thanks for the answer.

That's what I'll end up doing, but the Magic Bands would have been a lot easier. A gift card is easily lost and potentially hard for a 7th grader juggling food, drink and paying without accidentally misplacing it.

Thanks for the answer.

Whoever has the room could use a gift card to pay off room charges instead of their card.. If they go to the front desk when they get there, they can have a hard purchase limit on each of the childrens bands so they can't go over. To pay it with gift card instead of credit card, they just need to pay it off before their card gets charged (every $1000 for values and 1500 for mods and deluxe). And the last night before the final charges happen before check out.

Where this doesn't work out well though is you really have no clue what your balance left is, with a card they would get a receipt with the balance on it. I have seen a lot of school groups that come with lanyards where they carry their tickets and everything in the lanyard.. not sure I would want a gift card visible to others but maybe you can get them each a small bag that will hold a bottle of water and a pocket for their gift card? nothing huge, there is some runner stuff that's basically a bottle holder with a pocket.

This question is only tangentially related to magic bands, but there seems to have been a discussion of it a few pages ago and on some other threads, where the info conflicts a bit. I want to primarily use my MB to pay for purchases and dining. But, I have like $1400 on 3 gift cards. So...how often do I need to go down to the front desk and put those on my account? We are staking at AKL, and as I understand it, the deluxe resorts have a certain limit they hit before they charge, though it seems that changes depending on which thread I read. Some say $500, some say $1000. Is it better to combine the gift cards into one via the disneygiftcard site and that way only have one to deal with? Kind of makes me nervous to have all of that on one, if it will even go that high on one card. I thought they used to have limits of around $500. Anyone with recent experience with using gift cards like this? Thank you!

This question is only tangentially related to magic bands, but there seems to have been a discussion of it a few pages ago and on some other threads, where the info conflicts a bit. I want to primarily use my MB to pay for purchases and dining. But, I have like $1400 on 3 gift cards. So...how often do I need to go down to the front desk and put those on my account? We are staking at AKL, and as I understand it, the deluxe resorts have a certain limit they hit before they charge, though it seems that changes depending on which thread I read. Some say $500, some say $1000. Is it better to combine the gift cards into one via the disneygiftcard site and that way only have one to deal with? Kind of makes me nervous to have all of that on one, if it will even go that high on one card. I thought they used to have limits of around $500. Anyone with recent experience with using gift cards like this? Thank you!

The numbers I last heard and saw happen to me personally is that they will charge your card every $1000 at a value and $1500 at a moderate or deluxe so it should be 1500 where they charge you. they will also charge you if it doesn't reach that on the last night as part of standard check out have your receipt ready when you wake up even if it's early. To be safe, just call the front desk to confirm the number or if your using magical express, it drops you off next to the front desk so stop in to concierge and ask them. So stop by whatever number they say or however often you want. AKL is actually convenient as you pass the front desk to get to/from transportation unlike the moderates where many of them have front desk nowhere near the rooms but do have a concierge desk in with the food and shops.

Lots of great info here!

I do have a question. My bands won't ship (I'm in Canada) so I have to pick them up. On check in day we want to rope drop MK. We will be in town the day before though and will have a vehicle. Can we pick up our MBs the day before check in?

I do have a question. My bands won't ship (I'm in Canada) so I have to pick them up. On check in day we want to rope drop MK. We will be in town the day before though and will have a vehicle. Can we pick up our MBs the day before check in?

Good question, I sent a message to a CM friend that might know but I don't know. I do know you can get it very early if you want to drop off your bags, pick them up and head into the parks in time for rope drop.

The numbers I last heard and saw happen to me personally is that they will charge your card every $1000 at a value and $1500 at a moderate or deluxe so it should be 1500 where they charge you.
It's $2,000 for Deluxe Resorts and Deluxe Villas (DVC Resorts).

We have a lot of magic bands (DVC split stays) and have two sets we can order for July. We have friends also going and staying off property just before that, ans they want to get magic bands for their ticketts/fast passes and they would prefer to save the cost of the bands. Could we order a set for them and have them shipped to their house, then delink them from our profile without much risk? Any reason that this would be a bad idea?

We have a lot of magic bands (DVC split stays) and have two sets we can order for July. We have friends also going and staying off property just before that, ans they want to get magic bands for their ticketts/fast passes and they would prefer to save the cost of the bands. Could we order a set for them and have them shipped to their house, then delink them from our profile without much risk? Any reason that this would be a bad idea?
In order to get free MagicBands for your friends, you would need to add them to your room reservation before you can order the bands.

As for removing them from your account, depends on how you add them:
If YOU manage their profiles, NO you can't easily remove them.
If they are connected friends (have their OWN MDE account), you can remove them with no issues.

If I am staying at a Disney resort but have old tickets that I need to convert- will I still be sent free magic bands? or will I have to purchase them separately? Not sure if this is a perk for being at the resort or being at the resort AND purchasing tickets?

I apologize if this has been asked in the past, but I couldn't find the answer after doing a quick search........... I'm planning on getting a room only reservation at the 499 day mark. I will then purchase tickets. After I link the room reservation and tickets to my MDE account, will I be offered Magic Bands? I wasn't sure if they are only offered for package reservations. Thanks.

If I am staying at a Disney resort but have old tickets that I need to convert- will I still be sent free magic bands? or will I have to purchase them separately? Not sure if this is a perk for being at the resort or being at the resort AND purchasing tickets?
I apologize if this has been asked in the past, but I couldn't find the answer after doing a quick search........... I'm planning on getting a room only reservation at the 499 day mark. I will then purchase tickets. After I link the room reservation and tickets to my MDE account, will I be offered Magic Bands? I wasn't sure if they are only offered for package reservations. Thanks.
As long as you have a reservation for a Disney owned & operated resort at WDW, you are entitled to free MagicBands. This applies to both packages and room only reservations.

As long as you have a reservation for a Disney owned & operated resort at WDW, you are entitled to free MagicBands. This applies to both packages and room only reservations.
thank you so much! will these be sent in the mail when I book the resort? or do I have to pick these up when I arrive?

thank you so much! will these be sent in the mail when I book the resort? or do I have to pick these up when I arrive?
If you customize them at least 10 days prior to check-in and have a US mailing address, they will be sent to you. Otherwise, resort pickup.

If you customize them at least 10 days prior to check-in and have a US mailing address, they will be sent to you. Otherwise, resort pickup.
sweet! my kids wanted to "make them unique" with some ideas they saw on pinterest- so I was hoping! I will do that, thank you again! (forgive me, newbie here- but in order to customize, do I do that through mydisneyexperience account?)

sweet! my kids wanted to "make them unique" with some ideas they saw on pinterest- so I was hoping! I will do that, thank you again! (forgive me, newbie here- but in order to customize, do I do that through mydisneyexperience account?)
Yes, you will customize them in MDE (once the room reservation is linked). If you do this greater than 30 days prior to check-in, they will process and mail them beginning at 30 days.

Wow- this board is amazing! thank you for your wealth of information! :) now... to figure out how to link my old paper tickets to the new system before the 60 day mark so I can book fast passes! do you know if there is a direct way to do this? a number to call? on the disney website it says to do this at guest relations but I want to link on the MDE so I can manage the tickets ahead of time and not waste time on first day at parks doing this! hoping I can find a way to do this ahead of the 60 days! (if I need to post somewhere else for this info I can do that too) thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter