Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave in an ordered a Magic Keeper from eBay today. Arriving in 12 days and already have our magic band 2s, but don't want to worry about running around finding the Magic Keeper for my husband once we're there.

I wish Disney was selling them online already!
The MagicKeepers & solid color MagicBand 2s are now available in the Shop Disney Parks mobile app.

Post #732 of this thread actually has photos of the keepers and the backs are indeed open, so you should still be able to see your name on the back of the puck.

I took that photo and bought a couple, yes you will see the back of the icon in the magic keepers for the customized name and the ID number of the icon(puck).

I gave in an ordered a Magic Keeper from eBay today. Arriving in 12 days and already have our magic band 2s, but don't want to worry about running around finding the Magic Keeper for my husband once we're there.

I wish Disney was selling them online already!

Can you get out of the purchase? they are in the shop disney parks app today and you can get them for the normal $10.

My nephew has gone to Disney World with me a few times. He has a themed magic band that he would like to use on an upcoming trip with his parents. How can he get that magic band to show up on his moms My Disney Experience list?

Its possible this isn't new 'news', but I just saw the 2017 limited edition anniversary Haunted Mansion magic bands (with the new puck design) and am very disappointed in the 'art' as well as the choice of color, so I'm thinking of buying DH the grey one from a couple of years ago. Does anyone know if they're still sold in Disney?

Its possible this isn't new 'news', but I just saw the 2017 limited edition anniversary Haunted Mansion magic bands (with the new puck design) and am very disappointed in the 'art' as well as the choice of color, so I'm thinking of buying DH the grey one from a couple of years ago. Does anyone know if they're still sold in Disney?

grey ones are long gone and the batteries have been dead in them for over a year (I own one). There might be the mb1.0 purple ones still left that replaced it but it's not as nice as the grey one. Also the make your own you can do has horrible graphics.

grey ones are long gone and the batteries have been dead in them for over a year (I own one). There might be the mb1.0 purple ones still left that replaced it but it's not as nice as the grey one. Also the make your own you can do has horrible graphics.

How disappointing - the design on the new one is pretty bad :sad2:

My nephew has gone to Disney World with me a few times. He has a themed magic band that he would like to use on an upcoming trip with his parents. How can he get that magic band to show up on his moms My Disney Experience list?

go into the website under family and friends. Find him and select update. There should be an option to invite to connect in the upper right hand corner. If not, just make him a little older (13-14) temporary and then look for the option. put in the parents mde account email and it will fire off an invite to them to link. (put the age back afterwards if you needed to adjust to get the option to show up, not sure if you can safely do this before the parents accept).

Now 1 of 2 things is going to happen. it'll either link him to the parents account and everything is good to go. Or it'll move him to his parents account and then you'll be linked, so again good to go and you'll be able to manage plans for him on future trips.

Now if he's a teen, it might be best to just give him his own account and in that case just put in his email address and let him link. teens tend to need an mde login anyway. After that he can link up with the parents to cross manage plans between them (and you).

they made a lot of changes in this area so it's why I'm uncertain exactly what will happen. you can also just call up and ask disney for some assistance and explain the situation. might be a long frustrating call but the only option I know you can do without them is what I recommended above.\

Last edited:
I heard that the Magicband 2.0 can have the center come out of the band. I currently have a red and a yellow magic band 2.0, and I'm wanting to swap the center to make the bands red/yellow and yellow/red. Does anyone know how to get them out? I keep trying, and I can't figure out how to do it.

I heard that the Magicband 2.0 can have the center come out of the band. I currently have a red and a yellow magic band 2.0, and I'm wanting to swap the center to make the bands red/yellow and yellow/red. Does anyone know how to get them out? I keep trying, and I can't figure out how to do it.

there is 2 little tiny screws you have to remove on the back and the plastic "disc" holding it in will come out with the icon.

Hi,
Just wanted to let you know our family are international guests visiting from the UK.
We arrived on February 15th at the Poly and received 2.0 bands.

Awesome news, we're arriving at OKW from the UK in 2 weeks and have got custom decals for 2.0 bands. Been hoping we got the right ones!

@Accident. Thank you Sir! After reading this entire thread I have a great appreciation for your kindness and patience, as well as your knowledge on the subject. The number of redundant questions is just staggering....

first and foremost, thanks. I find the redundant questions a sign that the first post is not up to date or hard to follow. one weekend I'll find the time and revamp it to be more in the format that my photopass/memorymaker follows.

OK, I have read this entire thread. Great info, thank you so much!

I do have a couple of questions, though, that I did not see addressed at all. My DS will be traveling to WDW in March with his high school marching band. They are staying offsite for 4 nights. My DH and I and our other 2 children will be heading down the same day, staying onsite for 8 nights. Our DS will join us for the last 4 nights, so I will add him to our reservation once we arrive. My question is, since those of us staying onsite will also have the dining plan, will I be able to let DS use one of our old magicbands (from 2015 trip) to buy some QS meals? If so, I assume it would have to be one of the bands linked to one of us on the dining plan? Or, if I were able to find his old magicband, would he be able to use it, along with pin #, to access meals? Just trying to keep it simple, and we will have a few extra meals since we are going to US for 2 days.

Of course, this is if I can figure out where I put our previous magicbands. So far, all I have found is DD band, which I guess would work for DS since DD is on our reservation. I am contemplating buying a new band for DS if I cannot find his old one, but if it will not work to access dining plan, not sure it will be worth it, other than it will be more convenient than having to keep track of his plastic card ticket. Any advice would be much appreciated :)

My question is, since those of us staying onsite will also have the dining plan, will I be able to let DS use one of our old magicbands (from 2015 trip) to buy some QS meals? If so, I assume it would have to be one of the bands linked to one of us on the dining plan? Or, if I were able to find his old magicband, would he be able to use it, along with pin #, to access meals? Just trying to keep it simple, and we will have a few extra meals since we are going to US for 2 days.

Because of how the credits work, he will be able to use another band to use a meal credit. Since your adding him to the reservation once you arrive, I'm not sure if he would be able to use one of his bands but my gut says no.

Of course, this is if I can figure out where I put our previous magicbands. So far, all I have found is DD band, which I guess would work for DS since DD is on our reservation. I am contemplating buying a new band for DS if I cannot find his old one, but if it will not work to access dining plan, not sure it will be worth it, other than it will be more convenient than having to keep track of his plastic card ticket. Any advice would be much appreciated :)

request a card from the front desk for him if you can't find the band, that's free. They may also just give him a grey band as he was added to the reservation (assuming you and him are ok with grey)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter