Everything Rope Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rope dropped MK on Tues., July 20. Took first bus from AoA at 7:45 a.m. At security gate by 8:05. Shortly after, we were allowed to walk to Tomorrowland and were among the first 10 people there, around 8:20 a.m. At 9 a.m. cast members tried to walk the group to the roped line at Space Mountain, but visitors started flooding around the staff and then ran under the ropes to get to the front of the line. By the time we got to the entrance of Space Mountain, there were at least 150 people in front of us. Most of the crowd were booing them. I've never been to WDW, but the people we stood next to said they come every year and remarked they have never seen anything like that, that there were not enough CM's to handle the crowd.

Rope dropped MK on Tues., July 20. Took first bus from AoA at 7:45 a.m. At security gate by 8:05. Shortly after, we were allowed to walk to Tomorrowland and were among the first 10 people there, around 8:20 a.m. At 9 a.m. cast members tried to walk the group to the roped line at Space Mountain, but visitors started flooding around the staff and then ran under the ropes to get to the front of the line. By the time we got to the entrance of Space Mountain, there were at least 150 people in front of us. Most of the crowd were booing them. I've never been to WDW, but the people we stood next to said they come every year and remarked they have never seen anything like that, that there were not enough CM's to handle the crowd.
I'm sorry to hear that happened. I've never seen that either. Quite unacceptable IMHO.

It happened to us once at DHS years ago walking to RNRC. The CMs told us to ignore them and they brought the line in front of that group, but it was probably a smaller group than yours.

It happened to us once at DHS years ago walking to RNRC. The CMs told us to ignore them and they brought the line in front of that group, but it was probably a smaller group than yours.
I love that the CM's did that for you! Rope dropping Tower of Terror at HS the day before was so much better than MK. The CM's let us in at 8:30 a.m. instead of 9 a.m. It was very orderly, everyone was in a single file line (essentially), as opposed to a wide group of people spanning the bridge. We were the third family in line for ToT, and we were with the two families in front of us when we got stuck on the ride. The kids said getting "rescued" from ToT was their favorite ride so that makes up for everything : )

Last week, I goth there around 10:20. They dropped the ropes near Spaceship Earth at 10:30. They started boarding Soarin’ at 10:45.

Was there yesterday. In the park at 10:15. Held after spaceship earth until 10:30 on the dot. Got to soarin around 10:40 and they were already boarding.

Trying to figure out morning timing - is animal kingdom still doing a modified rope drop? If so what time are they letting people get in queues? We will be heading to FoP if that helps.

HS rope drop from Swan… 7/22 walking path
At security at around 720
When sky liner and busses arrived, they started the check. Very smooth process.
No problem entering, and they had very clear procedures as to which line you should be in for your first attraction.
We went toward ToT, and waited in a single line until 830.
Did that, and Rockin Roller Coaster by 9:05.
That was a great opening compared to MK! Unfortunately, that was the only uncomplicated part of the day!
Get there early if you don’t want yo be in long lines by 930. MK was a hard 9:00. HS was 8:30.

No problem entering, and they had very clear procedures as to which line you should be in for your first attraction.
That was a great opening compared to MK! Unfortunately, that was the only uncomplicated part of the day!
Get there early if you don’t want yo be in long lines by 930. MK was a hard 9:00. HS was 8:30.

Were you allowed in or were you waiting at scanners at 720? Going next week and was planning to be at the gate by 745 for HS
MK I though was back to rope drop at the edges. My plan there was getting to the lot at 730 and hopefully at Tomorrowland bridge by 815 or so.
EP was just planning to be at gate by 945
AK where I'm a little fuzzy on and was thinking gate by 715?

Flawed or about right?

Were you allowed in or were you waiting at scanners at 720? Going next week and was planning to be at the gate by 745 for HS
MK I though was back to rope drop at the edges. My plan there was getting to the lot at 730 and hopefully at Tomorrowland bridge by 815 or so.

Flawed or about right?
r u driving? the toll will hold you at the booths until the buses roll through. Studios open at 9 so being at the front by 7:45 might not work as that is when the first buses from the resorts start picking up

r u driving? the toll will hold you at the booths until the buses roll through. Studios open at 9 so being at the front by 7:45 might not work as that is when the first buses from the resorts start picking up
Yup driving. What time do the lots open then?

We’re on our way and want to get there as early as possible. I know it opens at 9:00 but has anyone been lately and know when they’ll let us in the parking lot?

Flawed or about right?
I was waiting at security at HS from Swan walkway around 720. Started security check around 800 and were allowing us to enter. I didn’t notice people driving, but i did notice resort guests were arriving about the time they started security check. They let us on rides at 830

MK did not let us in right after security check. We had to wait at tap style I was allowed in MK on Main Street a bit after 800. We were held at the spoke heading to SDMT until about 845. Rope was let down. We were then told to wait a few more minutes. Around 955 we were walked down to ride. It was a hard 900 to get on rides. Shops on Main Street were open before that,

Epcot let us in through security around 1030 today through IG. Frozen was open, but I can’t tell you about other rides.

I found rope dropping at MK to be the most difficult.

Last edited:
We’re on our way and want to get there as early as possible. I know it opens at 9:00 but has anyone been lately and know when they’ll let us in the parking lot?
Which park?

Any advice on driving to AK for RD tomorrow? Combing through posts but having a hard time finding anything recent, or I’m just fried from being at Disney
Thank you!

Any advice on driving to AK for RD tomorrow? Combing through posts but having a hard time finding anything recent, or I’m just fried from being at Disney
Thank you!
Post 1 has the most current information if you have questions about other days.

AK is still doing a modified park opening as opposed to the other parks.

If you’re taking Disney transportation it’s recommended you arrive at the bus 90 mins before posted park opening.

If driving it’s recommended you arrive at the AK parking lot 75 mins to an hour before posted park opening time.

Yup driving. What time do the lots open then?
[/QUOTE]
I was at the MK lot at 7:50 on Monday and HS at 8:05 on Wednesday. Both times they were already letting cars through but not too many ahead of us.

Can you explain what you mean by clear procedures as to which line you should be in for first attraction? Do you mean as you are heading towards attractions, you know where to go and get in line? I am probably overthinking it, but I am also imagining as you enter the park, they are telling you where to get in line? or is this just as you get closer to attractions. Thanks in advance.

A
Can you explain what you mean by clear procedures as to which line you should be in for first attraction? Do you mean as you are heading towards attractions, you know where to go and get in line? I am probably overthinking it, but I am also imagining as you enter the park, they are telling you where to get in line? or is this just as you get closer to attractions. Thanks in advance.
As you walk in park there are CM holding signs shouting which way to go for each attraction. I took my first right heading toward ToT. They had ToT for single line on right. Rockin forming single line on left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter