Everything Park Reservations - Please Read Post 1

We are currently booked at all star in June... Contemplating making park reservations before new year...may wind up booking a different on property hotel room with similarish dates....... Will the same date park reservations transfer over to new hotel reservation??? Man this is getting tedious.
Thanks
Yes, as long as you only transfer Disney resorts. If you cancel your reservation and rebook, it may be different.

Understandably, if your 'similarish' dates are different than those booked, any dates that are not currently part of your reservations will need to be cancelled and rebooked to match your new dates.

I'm not being a jerk I swear....I don't know what you mean by transfer...I would have to cancel all star if I can grab a poly or dvc rental, no? The date thing I can understand.
Thanks.

I'm not being a jerk I swear....I don't know what you mean by transfer...I would have to cancel all star if I can grab a poly or dvc rental, no? The date thing I can understand.
Thanks.
There are 2 ways to handle your current reservation:

1) Transfer/Change your existing reservation to a new resort, potentially new dates. In this case, your deposit and any other funds you may have paid transfer to the new resort and you keep your existing reservation number. (E.g. I have a trip I booked in Sep 2019 for Sep 2020. Although we could not go on that trip, I transferred the reservation and funds paid to a Sep 2021 trip. I have transferred that existing reservation 3 times so far and it's quite likely I will be transferring it again.)

2) You can cancel your existing reservation, get your money back and rebook a completely new reservation with a brand new confirmation number.

Please let me know if this helps.

Re: park reservations. Those are for specific dates, specific parks. If your new dates no longer line up with your current dates you will need to cancel your existing park reservations and rebook them for your new dates.

Thanks.
You would be changing from an All Stars reservation booked through Disney to a DVC rental booked from some other source, right? What you would need to do first is book the DVC rental, then link that confirmation number to MDE, then finally cancel the All Stars reservation. That will keep your park reservations intact, assuming all the dates are the same. If the dates are different, you should cancel the extra ones for dates you will not be there and book new ones for the dates you will be there that were not covered by the original All Stars reservation.

Thank you ladies! Soooo...the the park reservation is tied to your account not the actual room reservation...as long as you have a hotel booked it will keep the park reservation. Ty.

We are currently booked at all star in June... Contemplating making park reservations before new year...may wind up booking a different on property hotel room with similarish dates....... Will the same date park reservations transfer over to new hotel reservation??? Man this is getting tedious.
Thanks

When you make your park reservations you will see that there are two buckets of reservations: Tickets and Annual Pass. So, it won't even matter if you go off-site.

I'd been very worried about this when I made mine, since I wasn't sure whether we'd keep the on or off site reservation.

When you make your park reservations you will see that there are two buckets of reservations: Tickets and Annual Pass. So, it won't even matter if you go off-site.

I'd been very worried about this when I made mine, since I wasn't sure whether we'd keep the on or off site reservation.
Except that the park tickets are tied to your reservation if you purchased them as part of a package and if you cancel your reservation/package you're also canceling your tickets. Disney sweeps their system and if you cancel your package they delete your park reservations very soon after that.

Unless you purchased tickets separate from your resort, canceling your reservation would also cancel the tickets that your park reservations are linked to.

At least that's my understanding.

Wasn't sure where else to put this, and I don't think there is a definitive answer. Just looking for opinions.

On December 30 we have a park reservation for Magic Kingdom. According to the reservation calendar, MK is sold out that day. My kids are thinking about hopping over to Animal Kingdom in the early afternoon, and hopping back to MK for the evening. Do you think they'd be able to get back into MK, seeing as it's sold out? Or would the fact that their actual reservation is MK would allow them back in? Thanks!!

Wasn't sure where else to put this, and I don't think there is a definitive answer. Just looking for opinions.

On December 30 we have a park reservation for Magic Kingdom. According to the reservation calendar, MK is sold out that day. My kids are thinking about hopping over to Animal Kingdom in the early afternoon, and hopping back to MK for the evening. Do you think they'd be able to get back into MK, seeing as it's sold out? Or would the fact that their actual reservation is MK would allow them back in? Thanks!!
Your question has been merged with the Everything Park Reservation thread.

Yes, a park reservation grants you access to that park from open to close.

I have 2 sets of park reservations ( Ep &HS) for the same day.
They both appear in MDE.
It is on my arrival day. I originally planned to hop to HS for Dinner after Epcot but because a forecast of snow might delay my arrival, I added a park reservation for HS connected to my room reservation. ( to be sure that I could go straight to dinner at HS instead of having to tap into Ep first) It let me do it without canceling my Ep park reservation.
Has this happened to anyone else? Just wondering?

They both appear in MDE.
It is on my arrival day. I originally planned to hop to HS for Dinner after Epcot but because a forecast of snow might delay my arrival, I added a park reservation for HS connected to my room reservation. ( to be sure that I could go straight to dinner at HS instead of having to tap into Ep first) It let me do it without canceling my Ep park reservation.
This is a first. I would keep an eye on it as you want to be sure you keep a reservation for the first park you want to go to.

They both appear in MDE.
Update— since we got here early we decided to go to our 1st park reservation of Epcot. We tapped in with no problem.

I booked a Package. It immedately showed up in MDE, and I was able to reserve parks using the Theme Park Ticket option (as opposed to the Annual Pass option). Our park reservations are now also showing in MDE. I didn't link the Package--I figured it would be less messy should we switch resorts or decide we want to drop a few day' tickets But everything seems to have linked automatically because it all shows under My Plans. All good...or so I thought.

I do not have the option, even using a browser rather than the app, to modify any park reservation. I can only completely cancel a reservation and rebook a different park. Obviously this is not only time consuming, but it could be risky as we get closer towards our stay and park availabilty decreases.

My own research uncovered that if the Modify button doesn't appear, even using a browser, it means that the park reservation is "connected" to a resort reservation and can NOT be modified (only canceled). First, what is the rationale for that? And more importantly, aren't our park reservations connected to a ticket because I purchased a package? (Honestly, that is the whole reason I went with a package rather than a "room only"--so we would have tickets and be able to make park reservations as early as possible.)

Any explanation or suggestion is greatly appreciated. I am so confused!!

I booked a Package. It immedately showed up in MDE, and I was able to reserve parks using the Theme Park Ticket option (as opposed to the Annual Pass option). Our park reservations are now also showing in MDE. I didn't link the Package--I figured it would be less messy should we switch resorts or decide we want to drop a few day' tickets But everything seems to have linked automatically because it all shows under My Plans. All good...or so I thought.

I do not have the option, even using a browser rather than the app, to modify any park reservation. I can only completely cancel a reservation and rebook a different park. Obviously this is not only time consuming, but it could be risky as we get closer towards our stay and park availabilty decreases.

My own research uncovered that if the Modify button doesn't appear, even using a browser, it means that the park reservation is "connected" to a resort reservation and can NOT be modified (only canceled). First, what is the rationale for that? And more importantly, aren't our park reservations connected to a ticket because I purchased a package? (Honestly, that is the whole reason I went with a package rather than a "room only"--so we would have tickets and be able to make park reservations as early as possible.)

Any explanation or suggestion is greatly appreciated. I am so confused!!
I’m not aware of a Modify button for park reservations. I’ve always had to cancel and rebook.

I’m not aware of a Modify button for park reservations. I’ve always had to cancel and rebook.

[/QUOTE]
It started in the fall, and it is only possible in desktop/browser and not through the app. And even in destop/browser it isn't possible if the park reservation is "connected" to a resort reservation. That must be my problem, but I honestly don't know why it is "connected" ( as opposed to "linked"), why that would/should prevent modification, or how to "unconnected" it.

Are reservations required for the Disney water parks? My partner and I bought one day tickets we plan to use for TL on an upcoming trip. I assume we don;t need to make a reservation since the water parks aren't listed as options on the park reservations page. But we haven't been to the water parks in a couple years so i thought I would confirm. TIA

Are reservations required for the Disney water parks? My partner and I bought one day tickets we plan to use for TL on an upcoming trip. I assume we don;t need to make a reservation since the water parks aren't listed as options on the park reservations page. But we haven't been to the water parks in a couple years so i thought I would confirm. TIA
No, they are not required at water parks.

So, if we have park reservations made and show up later in the morning does this create a problem.? I am talking about if the park has reached capacity will we be locked out? After all this is why we made the reservation to be sure we are admitted. But will they allow day guests in to replace us if we are not at the park before them? Just a nagging question in my mind as we plant on being there during the 4th of July week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter