Everything Park Reservations - Please Read Post 1

If we have a park reservation for the day- and want to take a rest during afternoon- would we be allowed back in during the evening, if parks are full? My thought is Parks won’t close for capacity at these dates but you never know.

we have 2 days one at MK and one at HS.
No park hoppers
Your question has been merged with the 'Everything Park Reservations' thread. Post 1 has a lot of helpful information in it.

I am currently planning a trip Jan. 4-7 staying three nights and have ressies at PO Riverside. I am trying to purchase my park tickets separately, with a big wish to go to DHS on one of those days. Currently, the Park Reservation calendar is showing no availability only for DHS 1/2 through 1/7. I've looked at Thanksgiving week and Christmas week on the calendar and all parks are currently available - Does anyone know if there is something special going on in that park during those times? Let's say I wanted to go to DHS on 1/5, If I were to purchase park hopper and make a reservation on that day for another park, after going to that park would I be able to hop to DHS after 2:00 PM? Or, as it is showing no availability right now, I would not be able to get in?
Many thanks in advance for any replies.

I am currently planning a trip Jan. 4-7 staying three nights and have ressies at PO Riverside. I am trying to purchase my park tickets separately, with a big wish to go to DHS on one of those days. Currently, the Park Reservation calendar is showing no availability only for DHS 1/2 through 1/7. I've looked at Thanksgiving week and Christmas week on the calendar and all parks are currently available - Does anyone know if there is something special going on in that park during those times? Let's say I wanted to go to DHS on 1/5, If I were to purchase park hopper and make a reservation on that day for another park, after going to that park would I be able to hop to DHS after 2:00 PM? Or, as it is showing no availability right now, I would not be able to get in?
Yes, you should be able to hop to DHS after 2:00 PM. Other than for a brief period on October 1 when MK was closed to hopping, no parks have been closed to hopping, even on days when all park pass reservations were booked to capacity. Not a guarantee, but insofar as past history can predict future performance…. pixiedust:

I haven't read it but there is a thread dedicated to this discussion on the main board. You may wish to check there.

I recommend looking for reservations numerous times daily, especially around the 30 day out mark when final payments are due. Not ideal but seems to be the best option.

Based on history, yes you should be able to hop to DHS at 2:00. Only Oct 1, for a couple of hours, was hopping ever denied and that was to MK on the 50th Anniversary.

If we have a park reservation and the morning of that day we are sick, are we allowed to cancel that park and rebook another day if available? Do we have to do it by a certain time or any time as long as we don't enter the park? We will be going for 12 days and will probably have tickets for 7-8 days.

If we have a park reservation and the morning of that day we are sick, are we allowed to cancel that park and rebook another day if available? Do we have to do it by a certain time or any time as long as we don't enter the park? We will be going for 12 days and will probably have tickets for 7-8 days.
Yes, you may cancel day of and rebook for an available date.

The number of days your tickets are valid is based on if you're staying onsite or offsite and, the number of days of tickets. I would recommend asking that question in the Tickets Thread as people there are very knowledgeable about how tickets work and valid dates.

Hi, new to the park reservation scene as last trip was month before shutdown. Happy to be returning home in 14 days :)
We have 8 park days, DVC resort ressies linked, new Sorcerer's AP passes linked. Made park reservations for all 8 days. Trying to modify days 6, 7 and 8 and there is no availability showing. The first 5 days show option to "change or cancel" parks, but those last three days only show option to "cancel". I don't think the last three days are full parks. Can you tell me why it might be showing this way? I'm afraid to cancel and then not be able to rebook. Thanks!

@scrappinginontario, I thought I read that we could “modify” park reservations rather than cancel and rebook, but on my MDE the only option is to cancel….is this because I booked them a while ago? Thanks for your help!

@scrappinginontario, I thought I read that we could “modify” park reservations rather than cancel and rebook, but on my MDE the only option is to cancel….is this because I booked them a while ago? Thanks for your help!

Good question. Using Genie + it appears that I can change a reservation:34C7C352-90D2-4250-9EBC-B6BFF683B0B9.jpeg
EFA9793B-B541-4890-B078-497EF5871901.jpeg66EFCE1D-D37F-4D6C-B015-D630EB051701.jpeg

BUT,

once I click the new park I want to choose it goes to the next screen which says none of us (including myself and my daughter who DO have tickets for that day) have a reservation and I cannot go any further.

FDA470AB-7C23-4A83-A89D-37BA655D5EC3.jpeg

Has anyone been able to successfully change a park reservation without cancelling their initial reservation?

How to tell if park pass is linked to hotel reservation or annual pass?
We may no longer be staying at the hotel...stay w friends near by....if I cancel the hotel do park ressies go to?

How to tell if park pass is linked to hotel reservation or annual pass?
We may no longer be staying at the hotel...stay w friends near by....if I cancel the hotel do park ressies go to?
My understanding is that if you booked it with a hotel reservation your park reservations are most likely linked that reservation. Also, if you were able to book more than 3 days of reservations that may be another clue that it's linked to your reservation and will most likely be cancelled when you cancel your hotel.

If you're not staying onsite for sure, it might be safest to cancel and rebook your park reservations using the AP option if your dates are still available. My understanding though is that you will be limited to booking only 3 reservations unless that has changed recently.

Essentially, that's my question.
I'm not planning to purchase a park hopper for our early February stay. We have reservations for 1 park each day. If we leave the park for a mid-day break, we can return to that same park later on the same day, right?

We are currently booked at all star in June... Contemplating making park reservations before new year...may wind up booking a different on property hotel room with similarish dates....... Will the same date park reservations transfer over to new hotel reservation??? Man this is getting tedious.
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter