Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

I think I understand this whole new system. One question, PHing and taping into a second park doesnt guarentee that you can leave and get back in, correct? I know sofar there hasnt been a capacity issue but technically this can happen: we do HS as our official park day in the AM, hop at 2pm to EP for a few hours, come back to Beach Club for an early evening swim and change . Then we head back to EP but could we be denied as it's full for those last hours even though we were already there? hasnt happened yet, correct. I am just worried as EP is the one park that is open until 10 while we are there, and with Food and Wine I can see everybody heading there to close the night. Has EP had this issue?
No park has ever closed to park hopping due to capacity.

Just want to clarify, as long as it's your first park of the day, can you arrive in the afternoon? Starting to roughly plan our park days/meals for our trip next year and we have an extra day of tickets and I'd prefer to use them on arrival day but since I can't book tickets yet, no idea if we'll be in a park before 2pm. Just want to make sure that's doable. In the past we've just done Disney Springs on arrival day, but I think I'd like to head into a park this time since we'll be on property.

Just want to clarify, as long as it's your first park of the day, can you arrive in the afternoon? Starting to roughly plan our park days/meals for our trip next year and we have an extra day of tickets and I'd prefer to use them on arrival day but since I can't book tickets yet, no idea if we'll be in a park before 2pm. Just want to make sure that's doable. In the past we've just done Disney Springs on arrival day, but I think I'd like to head into a park this time since we'll be on property.
Yes. A park reservation guarantees you access to that park from park opening to close. You may arrive for the first time anytime during those hours.

I read in another thread today that Seven Dwarfs Mines opened later? Are there a list of rides that open up at rope drop and other rides that open at park opening? It seems only certain rides open at rope drop or am I misunderstanding?

I'm particularly interested in knowing if Seven Dwarfs Mine opens at rope drop or at park opening time. This would be my first time riding it at MK.

I read in another thread today that Seven Dwarfs Mines opened later? Are there a list of rides that open up at rope drop and other rides that open at park opening? It seems only certain rides open at rope drop or am I misunderstanding?

I'm particularly interested in knowing if Seven Dwarfs Mine opens at rope drop or at park opening time. This would be my first time riding it at MK.
Normally all rides open at official park opening. There must have been a problem with SDMT today.

MK no longer has an early rope drop. They don't allow guests to start riding any rides until official park opening. All guests are held in the hub until park opening.

Normally all rides open at official park opening. There must have been a problem with SDMT today.

MK no longer has an early rope drop. They don't allow guests to start riding any rides until official park opening. All guests are held in the hub until park opening.

Thank you! I also realized I posted in the wrong thread too so I appreciate you still helping :-) I also did not know there wasn't a earlier rope drop at MK. I would have been up much earlier LOL!

Last edited:

so I apologize...I'm checking on something and if you want to drop these posts into the Rope Drop thread, that's fine. You mentioned that MK no longer has an early rope drop, but the Everything Rope Drop thread says they are letting folks into the parks 45 minutes earlier and there are a list of rides you can get on earlier than park opening time.

Is MK no longer allowing folks on rides before official opening time? Are they the only park?

This is a thread intended to talk about everything to do with park hopping as we understand there are many questions..

Thank you so much for this post. It answered several of my questions. We haven't done much PH since COVID began but I was concerned on returning to the original park and also if I could go to other parks. Hopefully, the hours will extend so it won't matter that one has to wait until after 2.

so I apologize...I'm checking on something and if you want to drop these posts into the Rope Drop thread, that's fine. You mentioned that MK no longer has an early rope drop, but the Everything Rope Drop thread says they are letting folks into the parks 45 minutes earlier and there are a list of rides you can get on earlier than park opening time.

Is MK no longer allowing folks on rides before official opening time? Are they the only park?

While you may be allowed to enter MK 30-45 minutes before stated opening, you will not be riding prior to stated opening. MK has gone to its pre-Covid opening, i.e., you queue from the hub at various walkways, e.g., Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, Adventureland and are held there until the opening announcement. At that point you are walked by CMs to the attractions within those lands.

I believe the ETA (edit to add) at the top of Post 1 of the Everything Rope Drop thread is intended to supersede the contradictory information further down in that post. I agree it would cause less confusion if the outdated information was labeled as being now outdated, perhaps by using strikeout.

Thanks for the suggestion. The 'Everything Rope Drop' thread has been updated with your suggested change. Thanks for your help as there are many posts we try to keep up on so suggestions like yours are greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion. The 'Everything Rope Drop' thread has been updated with your suggested change. Thanks for your help as there are many posts we try to keep up on so suggestions like yours are greatly appreciated!

Oh! I'm glad I could help this time LOL. Thank you again for your help!

While you may be allowed to enter MK 30-45 minutes before stated opening, you will not be riding prior to stated opening. MK has gone to its pre-Covid opening, i.e., you queue from the hub at various walkways, e.g., Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, Adventureland and are held there until the opening announcement. At that point you are walked by CMs to the attractions within those lands.

Thank you for explaining that to me. I also see the thread was edited with the update.

Thanks so much for this post! Very clear answers to all my questions! I’m super worried because we’re planning to park hop to Epcot on Sunday 9/5 and that is the only day in the next month any park is out of reservations and Epcot is the only one that is out. I’m hoping that since so far there hasn’t been any day where park hoppers weren’t let into any park that we’ll be ok. Following this post to hear if it happens though. :surfweb:

Thanks so much for this post! Very clear answers to all my questions! I’m super worried because we’re planning to park hop to Epcot on Sunday 9/5 and that is the only day in the next month any park is out of reservations and Epcot is the only one that is out. I’m hoping that since so far there hasn’t been any day where park hoppers weren’t let into any park that we’ll be ok. Following this post to hear if it happens though. :surfweb:
You should be just fine! In the spring there were many days when all 4 parks were at full capacity and reservations were not allowed yet park hopping to all parks was always allowed.

Have a great trip!

Thank you so much for this post. It answered several of my questions. We haven't done much PH since COVID began but I was concerned on returning to the original park and also if I could go to other parks. Hopefully, the hours will extend so it won't matter that one has to wait until after 2.
Yes, you can return to your original park. Yes, you can go to other parks. I was there in April and hopped to 3 parks one day, not on purpose it just happened. One of the 3 parks I hopped to twice. Started the day in AK, hopped to MK, hopped to Epcot. Left Epcot for a break and hopped back over there later.

Sorry if this has been asked… I tried to skim… when they say 2 pm for a park hopper are they letting anyone in early? Say if I arrive at 1:55 will I have to wait until atomic clock rolls to 2:00:01? How strict are they with this, has anyone experienced getting to your second park early?

Sorry if this has been asked… I tried to skim… when they say 2 pm for a park hopper are they letting anyone in early? Say if I arrive at 1:55 will I have to wait until atomic clock rolls to 2:00:01? How strict are they with this, has anyone experienced getting to your second park early?
They sometimes allow people to enter as early as 1:45 but there is no guarantee.

We've gotten in at 1:55 at the International Gateway at epcot, but I think it was because it wasn't busy (yet) and probably were trying to space out the crowd a bit. Just a guess. We were willing and able to wait, but I wouldn't go early intentionally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter