Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

Sorry, I know this was brought up a few days ago but I want to make sure I am understanding it correctly. Can I hop between more than two parks in a single day currently?
Example: Park Pass at Magic Kingdom and spend the morning there, hop to EPCOT after 2PM, then hop to HS later that evening?
Yep. No limit on the number of parks you can hop to after entering your reserved park. Unless Disney closes a park to hopping, which hasn’t happened yet but is possible.

Do you think the announcement of fireworks will affect park hopping? Closing to capacity?

If I start qt MK, for example, and hop to HS in the afternoon right at 2pm, is there any chance I will be able to get a boarding pass for ROR? If I understand it correctly, a second batch of passes are released at 1pm, right? And for those, you have to have a park reservation for HS and be in the park? Should I assume those probably go quickly and won't be available by the time I get in the park at 2?

If I start qt MK, for example, and hop to HS in the afternoon right at 2pm, is there any chance I will be able to get a boarding pass for ROR? If I understand it correctly, a second batch of passes are released at 1pm, right? And for those, you have to have a park reservation for HS and be in the park? Should I assume those probably go quickly and won't be available by the time I get in the park at 2?
The only way to get a BG for RotR is by having a park pass for DHS that day. You can try at 7:00 from anywhere, but you have to have a park pass for DHS that day. And if you want to try for a BG at 1:00, you have to have entered DHS at some point earlier that day, which again requires a park pass for DHS that day. So you can't start at MK and hop to DHS and get a BG. Not allowed.

No, you must have a park reservation for DHS to qualify to get a BG

On a day when a park is unavailable on the park reservation site are you still allowed to “park hop” to that park?

Yes, we hopped all over the place. We were never in the same park all day. No issues in hopping at all.

On a day when a park is unavailable on the park reservation site are you still allowed to “park hop” to that park?

As long as you have reserved an initial park AND visited that park first. Then yes, you may hop after 2 pm.

We are staying 7 nights, counting the 1st night and the last night, Can we buy Park Hoping passes to start on day 2 thru day 6?

We are staying 7 nights, counting the 1st night and the last night, Can we buy Park Hoping passes to start on day 2 thru day 6?
Adding park hopping will add it to the entire length of stay of your ticket. If you want it for even 1 day it will be added to your entire ticket.

It is not possible to add the PH option to only a portion of your ticket so if you want it at all it's good to add it right from the beginning to give you options for your entire trip.

Last edited:
Unless you have a package reservation (resort + tickets) -- yes you can have your tickets start on day 2. As mentioned above, park-hopping is an all-or-nothing add-on for the full length of your ticket whether you hop each day or not.

Adding park hopping will add it to the entire length of stay of your ticket. If you want it for even 1 day it will be added to your entire ticket.

It is not possible to add the PH option to only a portion of your ticket so if you want it at all it's good to add it right from the beginning to give you options for your entire trip.
I know guess my question should have been can I buy a 5 day ticket staying 7 nights? I know PH has to be for all the days on the ticket.

I know guess my question should have been can I buy a 5 day ticket staying 7 nights? I know PH has to be for all the days on the ticket.
Yes, you may but any length of stay ticket you wish. Staying 7 nights does not force you to purchase a 7 day ticket. You may purchase a 5 day ticket or truly, any number of days.

We have 3 day base tickets for an upcoming visit. I realize now that I should have added the park hopper option. If I modify to add, will they have to cancel my original tickets and rebook? The reason I ask, is because we have a reservation for HS one day, and it is now full. I don’t want to do anything that could cause us to lose HS.

We have 3 day base tickets for an upcoming visit. I realize now that I should have added the park hopper option. If I modify to add, will they have to cancel my original tickets and rebook? The reason I ask, is because we have a reservation for HS one day, and it is now full. I don’t want to do anything that could cause us to lose HS.
No, your existing tickets will not be affected. You can add the park hopper now or later as long as none of your days are full at all 4 parks. If any of the days of your trip are grey on the park availability calendar, you will not be able to add the hopping option.

I have a reservation at animal kingdom on this upcoming Monday. However we might decide to go to the water park that day. We usually like to go to magic kingdom in the evening. If we do decide to go to the water park and not our reserved animal kingdom park, will we be able to park hop to magic kingdom in the evening? or will we need to go scan or tickets at animal kingdom then turn around and walk out in order to get in magic kingdom? That just seems ridiculous. Want to add that we do have park hoppers on our tickets.

I have a reservation at animal kingdom on this upcoming Monday. However we might decide to go to the water park that day. We usually like to go to magic kingdom in the evening. If we do decide to go to the water park and not our reserved animal kingdom park, will we be able to park hop to magic kingdom in the evening? or will we need to go scan or tickets at animal kingdom then turn around and walk out in order to get in magic kingdom? That just seems ridiculous. Want to add that we do have park hoppers on our tickets.
In order to park hop, you must scan into the park you have a reservation for on that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter