• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Ok. We aren’t park hopping but we are staying at Wyndham lake buena vista so won’t ever get a virtual que for Epcot because we’d have to wait until 9am
9 AM is when you can purchase individual lightning lane for Guardians (that’s usually when Epcot opens) which is usually still available then. Everyone with an Epcot reservation can join the virtual queue at 7 or 1 (at 1 you have to have entered the park). I recommend trying both

Hi there,

We have not been to Disney in a few years and still trying to wrap my head around how to book G+ and ILL at 7am each day. It sounds like two of us could work together to do this? I could buy ILL and DH could book the first G+ on MDE app? If so, does he need his own account or can we both be logged into my account which lists the three of us who are going?

Thanks!

Yes, you can book simultaneously and be logged into the same MDE account on separate devices. Good luck, and have fun!

Yes, you can be on one account on two different phones. Over New Years trip, I would book the first Genie and DH would do the Guardians virtual queue on his phone.

Hi there,

We have not been to Disney in a few years and still trying to wrap my head around how to book G+ and ILL at 7am each day. It sounds like two of us could work together to do this? I could buy ILL and DH could book the first G+ on MDE app? If so, does he need his own account or can we both be logged into my account which lists the three of us who are going?

Thanks!
Page 1 of this thread summarizes how G+ and ILL work. You can both be logged into the same account.

Yep I logged into my account twice, on both my iPhone and iPad, and I booked both the ILL and LL simultaneously by myself…rest of the fam incl. DH were still fast asleep!

Since each park is now down to one ride designated for ILL purposes, doesn't that mean you can only buy one ILL, per park, per day?

Has anyone heard of any possible changes to Genie+? Sure would like to see them allow you to make up to 3 bookingsat a time, with different time slots, as opposed to having to wait 2 hrs until your next chance to book or to wait until your next booking time has passed. Also, hoping WDW allows you to pick the time you want instead of forcing you to accept the next available time slot. Probably wishful thinking!

Since each park is now down to one ride designated for ILL purposes, doesn't that mean you can only buy one ILL, per park, per day?
Guests can purchase 2 if the have a park hopper ticket.
Has anyone heard of any possible changes to Genie+? Sure would like to see them allow you to make up to 3 bookingsat a time, with different time slots, as opposed to having to wait 2 hrs until your next chance to book or to wait until your next booking time has passed. Also, hoping WDW allows you to pick the time you want instead of forcing you to accept the next available time slot. Probably wishful thinking!
No, no changes announced.

If I purchase G+ and start out in dhs, but then want to make g+'s for MK while I'm still at DHS; can I then modify those g+ times even though I'm still in DHS and without "resetting the clock"?

Example: rope drop Dhs

7am: book G+ for rnr
930am: use G+ for rnr and book G+ for Jungle Cruise (assuming there's a time for 2pm
1030am: modify my Jungle Cruise G+ while still at DHS
1130am: book G+ for another ride

If I purchase G+ and start out in dhs, but then want to make g+'s for MK while I'm still at DHS; can I then modify those g+ times even though I'm still in DHS and without "resetting the clock"?

930am: use G+ for rnr and book G+ for Jungle Cruise (assuming there's a time for 2pm
This is a good question.

When I modified G+ passes it seemed as though the clock was sometimes not reset, but other times it was reset in my favor. I was never sure about it. I didn't really pay attention to where I was when I modified the passes (in that park or not).

for the most part, if I was in HS (at 12) and I booked a pass for MK (3pm), two hours out (or more) was perfect. More or less, I knew we'd need two hours to get to MK. When we did get to MK (at 3pm), we were then able to book our next pass (return time of maybe 3:30pm), our ability to book another was tied to that pass (the 3:30pm one).

Usually if I was in HS, and I booked a pass for MK, I booked one for more than 2 hours out to give us a margin of safety. I picked like a 4pm pass, so we'd have plenty of time to get there. About teh time w got to MK, we were then able to book our next pass.

I should add, we just booked passes with overlapping times, and easily used them all within the allotted hour.

Wanted to post a helpful tip. We had a late Genie + selection in MK and of course the ride went down. One of the guest relations CM was able to transfer it to the park we were going to be at the next day. Maybe we were just given some pixie dust but it worked out nicely for us because we weren’t planning on buying it the next day (1/2 day in a park just to do a couple things)

Please see the posts on page 1.

If you modify a LL reservation for the same park it’s booked at, you do not reset the clock.

If you have a LL reservation and want to modify it to a LL at a different park you need to cancel the existing snd rebook a new LL at the other park. Doing this does reset the clock.

For the first half of our trip, only 4 of the 7 people listed in my planning party will be in the parks and using Genie+. The other 3 will join us a few days later.

If I buy G+ for just the four of us, will we be the only people that show up when I go to book each LL? I know every second counts and I don't want to have to pick through the list. I'm wondering if I should cancel the link to the others until they get there or if it's not a big deal because they won't show up in my list when I book LL's because they don't have park tickets or G+ that day?

For the first half of our trip, only 4 of the 7 people listed in my planning party will be in the parks and using Genie+. The other 3 will join us a few days later.

If I buy G+ for just the four of us, will we be the only people that show up when I go to book each LL? I know every second counts and I don't want to have to pick through the list. I'm wondering if I should cancel the link to the others until they get there or if it's not a big deal because they won't show up in my list when I book LL's because they don't have park tickets or G+ that day?
In the morning you pick who you will be buying Genie+ for so I would think that would limit your options when picking a LL. From my experience, you need to watch who is automatically selected anyway. I selected only myself once. Not sure how that happened.

Just wondering if genie plus has actually cost $15 yet this year. It is $18 today, a week day in January. It seems like it would be $15 todayIf that is truly still the base price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter