Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Is $18 the new $15? Or was something going on this week? I thought late January was supposed to be low crowds. We will be there this Saturday- Tuesday. After holiday prices came back down to $15 with an occasional $17 that's what we were planning for. Now seems to be between $18 and $20 this past week 😔

Is $18 the new $15? Or was something going on this week? I thought late January was supposed to be low crowds. We will be there this Saturday- Tuesday. After holiday prices came back down to $15 with an occasional $17 that's what we were planning for. Now seems to be between $18 and $20 this past week 😔
Funny how that works.

Not a fan of waking up at 6:30am to shell out over $50 for my family of 3 to have G+, *however*: Modify is a freaking game changer! It makes G+ way more functional instead of a crap shoot. We got everything we wanted on our trip so far except Splash Mountain (did they even offer LL on its last day?). Epcot must have added LL capacity for the evening on Monday because I had screwed up and missed my chance to get Test Track for the evening, but as we were walking in both Test Track and Frozen dropped more times. Took a wasted day of G+ to a wild success! Quickly modified my Spaceship Earth and Soarin' to TT and Frozen.

Group of 6 adults, all staying on site at Deluxe resort. We want to buy ILL for RotR, in addition to Genie+ same day. I’m the ‘planner/coordinator’.

I don’t want to pay for either ILL or Genie+ for anyone other than myself. How does it work when each adult purchases ILL separately for themselves at 7AM? How can we all get the same return time for RotR?

I’m assuming for the regular Genie+ Lightning Lanes since we can each purchase that earlier than 7AM, I’ll be able to book Slinky Dog Dash for the whole group right at 7AM. Just don’t know how to do ILL at the same time - wondering if return times for ILL show up as soon as each person pays for it & must be reserved then by each individual?

Sorry if this sounds muddled, but trying to understand all the stupid procedures…Disney should be ashamed of this whole convoluted system.

TIA

This isn't great advice, but it would be better if one person can do it all themselves and others can pay them back. The mad dash for ILLs could easily leave you all in different time slots or – worse – without a pass for someone.

Not a fan of waking up at 6:30am to shell out over $50 for my family of 3 to have G+, *however*: Modify is a freaking game changer! It makes G+ way more functional instead of a crap shoot. We got everything we wanted on our trip so far except Splash Mountain (did they even offer LL on its last day?). Epcot must have added LL capacity for the evening on Monday because I had screwed up and missed my chance to get Test Track for the evening, but as we were walking in both Test Track and Frozen dropped more times. Took a wasted day of G+ to a wild success! Quickly modified my Spaceship Earth and Soarin' to TT and Frozen.
Thanks for the feedback... I wasn't planning on G+ but for one day of our 5 day trip but I am curious if Modifying makes it more "worth it". I would love to know if anyone with experience modifying has had good luck with finding sooner times? I do agree seems like it makes it a much better deal if thats the case.

I don’t see how it would be possible for 6 different adults to individually purchase ILL and all get close to the same time. Maybe if you were all in the same room at the same time and checking on each other’s times. It doesn’t seem practical to me.

Maybe you could work out a trade, and each person takes a turn paying for the group on a different day. Then thy person is respond for making the 7am selections for the entire group for that day.

I don’t want to pay for either ILL or Genie+ for anyone other than myself. How does it work when each adult purchases ILL separately for themselves at 7AM? How can we all get the same return time for RotR?
Each adult could purchase Genie+ for themselves anytime after midnight on the days the group wants it. Then anyone in the group can book Genie+LL for everyone, as long as everyone is in their F&F list.

As far as ILL$ go, I agree with others above — it would be very, very difficult, bordering on impossible, for six people to buy it separately and get the same time or close enough overlapping times. For the ILL$, I think it’s best for you to buy it for everyone and have them pay you back, so that the entire group has the same ride window.

Last edited:
Each adult could purchase Genie+ for themselves anytime after midnight on the days the group wants it. Then anyone in the group can book Genie+LL for everyone, as long as everyone is in their F&F list.

As far as ILL$ go, I agree with others above — it would’ve very, very difficult, bordering on impossible, for six people to buy it separately and get the same time or close enough overlapping times. For the ILL$, I think it’s best for you to buy it for everyone and have them pay you back, so that the entire group has the same ride window.
That’s what I was afraid of. Guess I’ll have to do it that way. 😡
Thanks so much for all the help.

Thanks for the feedback... I wasn't planning on G+ but for one day of our 5 day trip but I am curious if Modifying makes it more "worth it". I would love to know if anyone with experience modifying has had good luck with finding sooner times? I do agree seems like it makes it a much better deal if thats the case.
We were just there and twice I thought I grabbed jungle cruise at 6:30 only for it to show 9:00 and 9:30 once I clicked through but refreshing for 20 min in line for 7 dwarves got me a 5:50 slot. Just be careful because when I modified that first time trying to get a 6:00 slot it went from 9 to 9:30. I was able to move smugglers run from 7:30 to 5:00. Those were the two that took the longest to modify. We were there Monday and Tuesday this week and rode everything we wanted and then some with the Genie+. We ended up doing standby for rise of the resistance and seven dwarves and so we only waited in one long line each day it worked out really well.

So we have not used genie+ with the new modify feature... are people using it to modify to earlier or later times? Seems like the general advice is to just grab the ride you want so the 2 hr window starts and then just spend time modifying for the time you want? The previous times we used genie+ we would use for an am ride and then start stacking for the evening (we are midday break people and hop to a different park in the evening). It was frustrating waiting for return times to push out for some things, so now you can just select the ride and keep moving it forward?

So we have not used genie+ with the new modify feature... are people using it to modify to earlier or later times? Seems like the general advice is to just grab the ride you want so the 2 hr window starts and then just spend time modifying for the time you want? The previous times we used genie+ we would use for an am ride and then start stacking for the evening (we are midday break people and hop to a different park in the evening). It was frustrating waiting for return times to push out for some things, so now you can just select the ride and keep moving it forward?
Yep, that’s exactly what you can do

People are modifying to earlier and later but the majority of offerings are later times as earlier times are dependent on someone cancelling/modifying their current LL return time.

I don’t see how it would be possible for 6 different adults to individually purchase ILL and all get close to the same time. Maybe if you were all in the same room at the same time and checking on each other’s times. It doesn’t seem practical to me.

As far as ILL$ go, I agree with others above — it would be very, very difficult, bordering on impossible, for six people to buy it separately and get the same time or close enough overlapping times. For the ILL$, I think it’s best for you to buy it for everyone and have them pay you back, so that the entire group has the same ride window.
While both of these responses are correct re: coordinating purchased ILL$ times being extremely challenging, something to keep in mind is that once an ILL$ return time has arrived, it can be used for the rest of the day, until park closure. It does not expire.
That’s what I was afraid of. Guess I’ll have to do it that way. 😡
Thanks so much for all the help.
Please see response highlighted above.

Based on this, as long as the group are all willing until the final person's ILL$ return time has arrived, all will be able to ride together.

(This is not the case for G+ LL's but it is for VQs and ILL$s.)

I know G+ is variable day by day now, but has anyone seen it charge price throughout the day as more people buy it?

Today is our first park day. We're here with young kids so went to bed before midnight. I swear I rolled over at one point around 2am and checked the app and it said $18 for today. I didn't buy it then though. When my alarm went off a couple minutes before 7 it was $20 each.

Not sure if I'm going crazy, or if it was a dream haha, or if now it really is better to buy it at midnight.

I know G+ is variable day by day now, but has anyone seen it charge price throughout the day as more people buy it?

Today is our first park day. We're here with young kids so went to bed before midnight. I swear I rolled over at one point around 2am and checked the app and it said $18 for today. I didn't buy it then though. When my alarm went off a couple minutes before 7 it was $20 each.

Not sure if I'm going crazy, or if it was a dream haha, or if now it really is better to buy it at midnight.
No, the price does not change throughout the day. Once it is set it stays at that price for the entire day.

That being said, the very scenario you described I just saw on my phone too. I needed to refresh my app to see today’s actual price. When I first opened the app (from being completely closed) it showed yesterday’s price of $18 but when I refreshed the screen it jumped to today’s price of $20. You weren’t dreaming. :)

No, the price does not change throughout the day. Once it is set it stays at that price for the entire day.

That being said, the very scenario you described I just saw on my phone too. I needed to refresh my app to see today’s actual price. When I first opened the app (from being completely closed) it showed yesterday’s price of $18 but when I refreshed the screen it jumped to today’s price of $20. You weren’t dreaming. :)
Thank you! Just needing to refresh makes more sense!

If we are attempting to do all 4 parks over 2 days (Day 1- AK then HS; Day 2-MK/Epcot) will we only be able to buy Genie plus for the park that the actual reservation is for on that day? So for example, Day 1 since we are going to AK 1st, we can only buy Genie + for AK or can I buy at both AK/HS parks, or do we have to choose to buy at one or the other location since our tickets are hoppers? I hope this is making sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter