Everything about PhotoPass and Memory Maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have downloaded my pics. However they are all still under "Your memories are ready to download" Is their anyway to delete this as they have been downloaded. I am really thinking it would be nice for my friend to start with a clean slate as far as downloads are concerned.

I have downloaded my pics. However they are all still under "Your memories are ready to download" Is their anyway to delete this as they have been downloaded. I am really thinking it would be nice for my friend to start with a clean slate as far as downloads are concerned.
I believe they remain available under 'My Downloads' for 7 days.

Please help!
We'll be at WDW in July for 8 park days. We know that we want all of our pictures. The price for one of us to upgrade to an AP would be less than the cost of buying Memory Maker separately. Should we buy the AP, or the Memory Maker? If we buy the AP and don't have "Memory Maker", I don't understand what we'll really be missing.

Please help!
We'll be at WDW in July for 8 park days. We know that we want all of our pictures. The price for one of us to upgrade to an AP would be less than the cost of buying Memory Maker separately. Should we buy the AP, or the Memory Maker? If we buy the AP and don't have "Memory Maker", I don't understand what we'll really be missing.

I would upgrade 1 person because now you also get all the perks that also come with the ap like discounts on food and merchandise making the trip cost even less. That part is above the scope of this thread and might be worth starting a new thread about asking for tips on getting money back or saving mroe money when your going to upgrade someone to an ap. There's a lot of little things you can get refunded or even rebook the whole trip for less (sometimes).

I would upgrade 1 person because now you also get all the perks that also come with the ap like discounts on food and merchandise making the trip cost even less. That part is above the scope of this thread and might be worth starting a new thread about asking for tips on getting money back or saving mroe money when your going to upgrade someone to an ap. There's a lot of little things you can get refunded or even rebook the whole trip for less (sometimes).
Thank you! We're DVC and would be getting a DVC AP - not sure if that changes your answer. But I think we are leaning toward just having one get the AP. Thanks for your help!

Thank you! We're DVC and would be getting a DVC AP - not sure if that changes your answer. But I think we are leaning toward just having one get the AP. Thanks for your help!

I actually don't know the full list of dvc discounts but there is some that are ap only so you'll get some extras and discounts with 1 person having it. It doesn't change that it's 365 day photo pass downloads instead of 30 day for less money so it's the cheapest way to get your photos in your situation.

I'm a DVC Member and we have annual passes, newly activated on this last trip. On my computer, I'm going into MDE, and I can only see our pics from last January; however, on my iPhone I can see the new photos. I've tried linking this trip's magic band as well as the annual pass number to MDE on the computer, but it's saying they are both linked to other accounts already. Any ideas? I am using the same login for both, and on my iPhone I can see all the pics from last year as well. Thanks!

I'm a DVC Member and we have annual passes, newly activated on this last trip. On my computer, I'm going into MDE, and I can only see our pics from last January; however, on my iPhone I can see the new photos. I've tried linking this trip's magic band as well as the annual pass number to MDE on the computer, but it's saying they are both linked to other accounts already. Any ideas? I am using the same login for both, and on my iPhone I can see all the pics from last year as well. Thanks!

I'm confused.. Do you have 2 different MDE accounts? is your phone and the website exactly the same login?

I'm going to assume the answer is yes and you used the same login. First check the account, you should see the magicbands under magicbands and cards (in profile) and your aps in the tickets section (in profile). It sounds like all your stuff is all linked and good.

one thing that changed on the website and threw me off was the pictures are in calendar order of oldest to newest. When you get about a year from the oldest pictures it's really easy to overlook your seeing a year ago and scrolling down gets you to the newest. Also the website is by park and you need to select across the top for what park in case the older pictures weren't from MK. The phone app is reverse order where newest is first.

and of course some times the site is quirky (and sometimes the app is quirky). we're not going to be able to say "click these things to fix it" so you might need to put in a call to disney for help. You can find the best way to get help for photopass with https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/help-and-support/contact-us a number and contact form is there.

one thing that changed on the website and threw me off was the pictures are in calendar order of oldest to newest. When you get about a year from the oldest pictures it's really easy to overlook your seeing a year ago and scrolling down gets you to the newest. Also the website is by park and you need to select across the top for what park in case the older pictures weren't from MK. The phone app is reverse order where newest is first.

Oh my! It was totally this!!!! The phone app is the opposite so I didn't even scroll down to the bottom and let the newest ones load! Thank you!

I was at a special event in the Magic Kingdom last week. As part of the event, they took a picture of my husband and I and gave us a photo pass card (don't know the correct name of the card). A couple days later I went onto MDE, entered the code from the back of the card, and it said pictures not found. I filled out the missing photo form. How long should it take for them to find the picture? Do they normally find missing photos? Will I be notified one way or the other if they find the picture or not? If I don't hear back, I will call them, but I don't want to panic just yet.

is memory maker automatically included if someone is part of dvc? or do we still need to purchase memory maker if we'd like access to all the photo pass photos?

is memory maker automatically included if someone is part of dvc? or do we still need to purchase memory maker if we'd like access to all the photo pass photos?

No, DVC members don't get MM. So you need to buy MM (or an AP) if you want all of your PhotoPass pics.

Thanks for this thread - it's clearly a big help to a lot of folks!

I got the Memory Maker for my last trip back in October of 2014, and there were some definite pros and cons. The pros, of course, were being able to get high quality photos of the entire family from every day of the trip, not having to lug around the big expensive camera, and automatically owning the ride photos. The cons were that not all of the photos came out well, and we were actually missing SEVERAL of the photos, including ride photos, which I was really sad about. We also had a few random pictures of other people's families (so I'm assuming my missing photos went to strangers) and the quality of the photography varied (as a previous posted commented, there were some out of focus, wobbly, poorly lit or overly lit, etc.). Another thing I didn't like was that certain attractions take a photo of EVERYONE in the room and you get all of these on your memory maker - for instance, when we did Enchanted Tales with Belle, we wound up with pictures of every single person who was in the room with us and had to sift through them all to find my daughter. That seemed weird to me.

I wish this thread had existed before so I would have known who to contact to find the missing photos. :(

My big question is this: Since 2014, has this service improved at all? We booked a 7-day trip for late November 2017 and my first instinct was to NOT purchase memory maker again becasue of the faux pas we experienced last time. But so much time has gone by and I'm wondering if these bugs have been worked out at this point. Any feedback?

Another thing I didn't like was that certain attractions take a photo of EVERYONE in the room and you get all of these on your memory maker - for instance, when we did Enchanted Tales with Belle, we wound up with pictures of every single person who was in the room with us and had to sift through them all to find my daughter. That seemed weird to me.

This reminds me... we did the photopass+ a few years ago, where they mailed you a DVD of all your pictures from the trip that you put on there. We photopass cards from both Jedi training and ETWB. While we went through them and put borders on them adjusted to various sizes, we were still surprised when we got the DVD with TONS of pictures of strangers from those two events.

I think I have this understood correctly, but I want to make sure. I purchased a platinum annual pass and I will activate it when we arrive in April. The rest of my family has regular tickets. We are all linked in MDE.
1- all of our photos, whether the kids are with me or not, will appear in my MDE for free downloads (even though they are not AP holders)?
2- I am taking a girls trip and added them in my MDE for a separate trip. Their pictures will appear in my MDE account, even if I am not present for their photo? And I can download their photos and mine for free?

Thank you!

I think I have this understood correctly, but I want to make sure. I purchased a platinum annual pass and I will activate it when we arrive in April. The rest of my family has regular tickets. We are all linked in MDE.
1- all of our photos, whether the kids are with me or not, will appear in my MDE for free downloads (even though they are not AP holders)?
2- I am taking a girls trip and added them in my MDE for a separate trip. Their pictures will appear in my MDE account, even if I am not present for their photo? And I can download their photos and mine for free?

Thank you!

1. Correct

2. Correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter