Everything about PhotoPass and Memory Maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
....2. I ran the Princess a few years ago and there were no PP on the course, but based on the posts I read above, it sounds like there might be PP locations on the RunDisney courses now. Are there? I'm doing the WDW Half in January and that would be so fun!...

There are PP photographers at the various character M&Gs along the course as well as stationed in positions to take "action" photos as the runners pass and then at the finish line. We have quite a few from the Marathon Weekend 5K that we did with DD & DSiL, all as a result of having APs. Since they started several corrals in front of us and finished just as we started, that worked out very well!

There are PP photographers at the various character M&Gs along the course as well as stationed in positions to take "action" photos as the runners pass and then at the finish line. We have quite a few from the Marathon Weekend 5K that we did with DD & DSiL, all as a result of having APs. Since they started several corrals in front of us and finished just as we started, that worked out very well!
That's so exciting. When I did the Princess like 3 years ago you had to pay for each photo through a separate company. I only got one photo, this is so much better! Thanks!

Hi all,
I have purchased a Gold AP, which includes free PhotoPass downloads. Super! When I'm in my account on MDE, there's a place to link Memory Maker. I don't think I need to do this, since I did not purchase Memory Maker, and thus have nothing to link -- I will automatically be able to access the free downloads from the PhotoPass site when I return from vacation (or, technically, as soon as they are taken, even while on vacation). Is this correct? Is there anything I need to do to "activate" the benefit of the free PhotoPass downloads? I don't think so, but thought I'd better check with the experts.
Thanks!!

Hi all,
I have purchased a Gold AP, which includes free PhotoPass downloads. Super! When I'm in my account on MDE, there's a place to link Memory Maker. I don't think I need to do this, since I did not purchase Memory Maker, and thus have nothing to link -- I will automatically be able to access the free downloads from the PhotoPass site when I return from vacation (or, technically, as soon as they are taken, even while on vacation). Is this correct? Is there anything I need to do to "activate" the benefit of the free PhotoPass downloads? I don't think so, but thought I'd better check with the experts.
Thanks!!
As long as your pass is linked to MDE, you will be able to download your PhotoPass pictures for free as soon as they appear in your account.

I have an AP with Photopass downloads. I have a friend who is going in June with her family. I won't be there in June, but I will be in July. If she is linked to me in MDE, will I be able to see and download her photos?

I don't want to do anything that violates Disney's terms. I just know that last year I happened to be there at the same time as a friend and we were linked in MDE so we could see each other's fastpass times and ADRs and plan some time together. All of her photos showed up in my account and I could download them.

Is there any reason I should not link her in MDE? Is there something she could accidentally do that messes up my ADRs or fastpasses? I think I noticed last summer with my other friend that I almost accidentally booked her on a fastpass (I clicked her icon instead of my daughter's) which would have messed up the fastpasses she already booked. I don't mind linking her, but I would prefer that she have no control over any of my account.

I have an AP with Photopass downloads. I have a friend who is going in June with her family. I won't be there in June, but I will be in July. If she is linked to me in MDE, will I be able to see and download her photos?

Yes you would.

Is there any reason I should not link her in MDE? Is there something she could accidentally do that messes up my ADRs or fastpasses? I think I noticed last summer with my other friend that I almost accidentally booked her on a fastpass (I clicked her icon instead of my daughter's) which would have messed up the fastpasses she already booked. I don't mind linking her, but I would prefer that she have no control over any of my account.

Depends on how you set her up, by default she could mess with your fastpasses as you could do with hers. There is an option for them to not see or modify your plans but it's been awhile since I went looking for it, it'll be under the family and friends section.

I'm sorry, I'm still a bit confused. I have never used photo pass or Memory Maker before. I have a FL resident AP that does not include the Memory Maker. If I want to just purchase one photo, is there a photo pass linked to my account where I can see photos and purchase them individually?

I'm sorry, I'm still a bit confused. I have never used photo pass or Memory Maker before. I have a FL resident AP that does not include the Memory Maker. If I want to just purchase one photo, is there a photo pass linked to my account where I can see photos and purchase them individually?

Yes in the mobile app you can just go into the photos section. In the website you just select my photos under the my disney experience menu (log in first) or go to this website: https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/mymedia/

You might also want to inquire what upgrading your AP would cost. They do prorate upgrades and I know when it first came out, it was $35 for me to upgrade my pass which is not less than 1 photo but just mentioning it in case you consider going out to get more photos on other visits.

Yes in the mobile app you can just go into the photos section. In the website you just select my photos under the my disney experience menu (log in first) or go to this website: https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/mymedia/

You might also want to inquire what upgrading your AP would cost. They do prorate upgrades and I know when it first came out, it was $35 for me to upgrade my pass which is not less than 1 photo but just mentioning it in case you consider going out to get more photos on other visits.
Thank you! Do I need to do anything to link it, or because my Magic Bands are linked to My Disney Experience will they just automatically show up there if the Photopass photographer swipes my band? Also, do ride photos show up there or because I don't have memory maker, do I have to decide/buy them at the ride?

Thank you! Do I need to do anything to link it, or because my Magic Bands are linked to My Disney Experience will they just automatically show up there if the Photopass photographer swipes my band? Also, do ride photos show up there or because I don't have memory maker, do I have to decide/buy them at the ride?

You just need the band linked to you and the AP linked to you and you are good to go. Memory Maker is another way to purchase photos and has nothing to do with taking photos. To use photopass and take photos around disney you do not need to prepay for anything.

Since your talking about ride photos now, they will be $15 each as well as your photopass photographers and they tend to take 2-3 pictures which you may not want all of them. It doesn't take many photos before upgrading your pass or going with another buy photo option like memory maker or memory maker 1 day becomes the better deal. I would take a moment to inquire with guest relations or the dedicated ticket office found near hall of presidents in MK to find out what it would cost to upgrade your pass to one with free photopass downloads. You might be surprised it's less than you thought, especially if your AP is getting closer to your renewal date. Just take that cost, divide it by 15 and that's how many photopass photos you'll get before it's cheaper than upgrading if you paid single photo prices.

... I would take a moment to inquire with guest relations or the dedicated ticket office found near hall of presidents in MK to find out what it would cost to upgrade your pass to one with free photopass downloads. You might be surprised it's less than you thought, especially if your AP is getting closer to your renewal date. Just take that cost, divide it by 15 and that's how many photopass photos you'll get before it's cheaper than upgrading if you paid single photo prices.

We will activate our Weekday Select passes on Monday. It just isn't cost effective for us to upgrade that much when we don't go to the parks in the summer or on weekends. We're very lucky in that our little family is just the two of us and our cats, lol. Even upgrading one ticket would be unnecessary and cost prohibitive. I do not look well in any pictures, but for the rare gem when I think I pass muster, I may want to buy one. Thank you so much for all your help. Last time we had APs, the Magic bands didn't exist nor did the Weekday Select option.

We will activate our Weekday Select passes on Monday. It just isn't cost effective for us to upgrade that much when we don't go to the parks in the summer or on weekends. We're very lucky in that our little family is just the two of us and our cats, lol. Even upgrading one ticket would be unnecessary and cost prohibitive. I do not look well in any pictures, but for the rare gem when I think I pass muster, I may want to buy one. Thank you so much for all your help. Last time we had APs, the Magic bands didn't exist nor did the Weekday Select option.

good plan. If it was closer to your renewal it would be reasonable but consider that as the year progresses since it's a prorated upgrade it'll keep getting cheaper.

First time at Disney in awhile. Paid for package and added MM afterward. Is there anyway to confirm it is on there before we leave? I'm afraid we'll get there, start getting pictures and find out 3 days in something went wrong

First time at Disney in awhile. Paid for package and added MM afterward. Is there anyway to confirm it is on there before we leave? I'm afraid we'll get there, start getting pictures and find out 3 days in something went wrong

You should see memory maker in your MDE account and if you don't link it with your confirmation code. It's date of purchase not date you added it to mde so as long as you leave in 3+ days your good to go.

I bought MM with my reservation, and then later I booked a few more days at the start of my vacation at a different resort. Should I still be able to use my MM on the earlier days?

I bought MM with my reservation, and then later I booked a few more days at the start of my vacation at a different resort. Should I still be able to use my MM on the earlier days?

your asking 2 different things. yes, you can use photos the whole trip. if your reservation was booked with more then 3 days before your first day then yes when you go to use mm to download the photos you'll get all the days..

when are you arriving? if you just added the days then may 25 might be the first day you get photos and may 26 will be a day. do you arrive this week?

I booked MM with our reservation at AKL from November 4-12. Then later I booked a separate reservation at POFQ from October 31-November 4, and I assume I should be able to download any pictures taken from the 31-4 but I'm not positive

I booked MM with our reservation at AKL from November 4-12. Then later I booked a separate reservation at POFQ from October 31-November 4, and I assume I should be able to download any pictures taken from the 31-4 but I'm not positive

oh your fine.. it's definitely more than 3 days from when you booked until you are arriving :) This would only be an issue if you upgraded the reservation today and arrived in the next 2 days.

oh your fine.. it's definitely more than 3 days from when you booked until you are arriving :) This would only be an issue if you upgraded the reservation today and arrived in the next 2 days.

Thank you for your help! This is a great thread, very useful :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter