Every Mile is a Miracle

You look adorable and I have serious medal envy for that race even though the actual race course sounds terrible.

Scottsdale Half Marathon, Scottsdale, AZ – Race Recap
12/9/2018

What easier way to ensure you get a long run in than to schedule it with a race, amiright? That was partly the reason I wanted to do this race. Also because I had seen ads for it for months and they continually mention how flat it is! What they fail to mention was how boring it is, too. Yup, day two of racing on a boring course. Ah well.

After my 12k race, I went to the running shop there bib pick up was for this race. It’s a fun little shop that I could definitely do some monetary damage in, so I was quick to grab my stuff and leave. This race started at a more normal time versus the 12k, so after a night of eating and drinking and taking a 4 hours nap, I was on the road at 6:15am. I got to the bag drop off with about 20 minutes to spare before race start. All I had consumed before the race was some Nuun and… gosh I think that was it. I had two Gus with me and some Sports Beans for the race. I hadn’t even had a drop of coffee. Not sure how I was functioning. I dropped my stuff off at the bag check and then made my way to the start line. It was in the shade and pretty chilly (like 47* I think). I couldn’t feel my hands and just wanted this thing to start. Whoever they had sing the National Anthem NAILED it. It was beautiful. Then we were off!

This was a big mileage week for me. I had already ran 27 miles this week and now had to pump out another 13.1. I was doing my best to stay as close to my pace (10:19) as I could but of course ran too fast. The thing is, I felt amazing. So the course basically went up for about 6 miles, then across, then back down. There wasn’t a lot to do or see until we got to the back half and you got to go through some parks, but even that was boring. Again, I regretting not bringing headphones and listening to anything. So I just got songs stuck in my head and would sing them over and over. Towards the end I expected to meet a wall but I didn’t. My legs were just chugging along and it was insane to me. Finally I get to the end and see my friend Diana and her BF waiting for me at the finish with flowers! It was so awesome to have some dang support for once! And then, just like that, I was done with my 40 miler week and I was elated. Clearly, check out my race photos! :D
SDHM2.JPG SDHM3.JPG

Finish time: 2:12:38 (my second fastest HM time!)

IMG_0295.JPG

I got my medal and then went and got my challenge medal too. The challenge medal is a spinner! Love it!

IMG_0732.JPG
IMG_0735.JPG

Then we headed to the beer garden where I had a beer and a mimosa. After our beers we went out for brunch and I ate the best breakfast burger ever. It was a burger and a fried egg on hashbrowns as buns. I was in heaven.

56607402168__571A7BE7-7F43-4A9E-9F60-C3B93EAD71DA.JPG

Puppies!!!! What a great fundraising race and you look so cute in your Christmas outfit! Awesome time on your half and all those medals are really nice. The tree is my favorite.

But you're definitely a real runner - look at all the races you've run this year and that big 4-race weekend you have coming up! Non-runners would look at that and just go back to sleep (in fact ... so would some of your fellow real runners).
I second this. Just the other day I had a non runner friend refer to my upcoming race as a "death trip." I've gotten some strange looks when I explain Dopey to runners.

What is it about challenges that pulls us in? Don't we think running is hard enough without a challenge thrown in to boot?

Marathon weekend is like right around the corner! YIKES!
Exciting and terrifying.

Disneyland/DCA Day One – Part 1
12/10/2018

I am going to try to break this mini trip report up some because we did a lot and I have tons of pictures. But as I had mentioned, me and my friend K drunkenly planned a girl’s trip to Disneyland so we could see it decorated for Christmas. In hindsight, this was a terrible idea for many reasons, but we had fun so at least there was that.

So Sunday night, I get home from Phoenix around 5pm. I try to spend some time with my husband and Bay and then I stress pack for the trip. We wanted to make rope drop the following day so we were planning on leaving between 2-3am. I didn’t get to bed until about 11pm, so here I am running on minimal sleep, driving to Disneyland for 2 days of craziness. If this isn’t the ultimate Dopey training, I don’t know what is! I get to K’s house at about 2:45am and we were on our way! It’s about 4.5 hours to Disneyland barring crazy California traffic. We gained an hour thanks to DST, so we made it to the hotel at 7:15am. We got a room right across from DL at the Tropicana for super cheap! We weren’t able to check in yet but we could park the car there so we did that and then walked over to the parks. It was already crazy packed but we still made it in pretty quickly.

eeenWI80MNfmiKOMyZ8DPpWIgLuTbh5W8sAUd_UKhMgFxsdCpM8y-Td0c8NIxPay2rOzECsJ8qPslUSYcG6dJ7YPtsxG6Jc0w_LizQsrxlP_gSxRbpEOg3fqcVm0Er-t7qyu0d9t7Q=w750

TYwLWkrY3UEO5uHOTk9PQkQmCN7DJuJL5r4Vyy6sMXmguUtR5i6BxL7pa53JFpr04xGvDC-LB1WvTua4n8vdiS-Zfi4tY5E3YpJRcK4m1_gwLkJhiw8aOTo9ckDBPNmcQep_QAKfqQ=w750

rcpLrW186LM9TdL-iTrIMQ06HRDEScnS1g-HFSOVBpM0sEzfqTIieDlZB0wsNqMZ4avd_aZAVLQvTis7Pq_HWP-fyr4ygNA4-3w5uSLOO6OVIKQprTDelAurHEfQOklZJnI5bWUP0g=w750

Once we were in, we downloaded our Max Pass and made a FP for Space Mountain on our way to Peter Pan. I’m glad we knocked this one out right away. After Peter Pan, we did Space Mountain and our picture sucked because we were in the second row and the guy in front of me was tall. Womp. Then we headed to the Matterhorn which is ALWAYS down when I am here so I was excited to finally ride it again!!

_-s8SPve2-ezXIa1Zc7_8hAxNUr3OfjA2nLLy_EOErgkbLknO_GIwSlUCjc4YBJnbN7EhvO0Ki27SQ788X4CH-Z9_HjWmVdbJLLGoZQrkLCzSBvNkm7-rlfiDeRUQxIX5L5IJ6QswQ=w750

Then we made a pit stop for the Tea Cups. Apparently K’s family doesn’t like the Tea Cups so I let her spin me as fast as her heart desired! I love that ride so much!

FuImPaZ5ZtABVHgJOxbnujIp4jY4VYoaaUjsuXQQEJBKz1WE2fEMZt6OrMjdqJtipvR3RfXkirBPI-2_KcqvvLfcxxaV8shn5YzLTwhbheritGO3n__o3N7Hfy6TfMNntQbscD6Cqg=w750

And since we paid $10 for the Max Pass we decided to take tons of Photo Pass pictures! Up first, Castle pictures of course!

Lyvt1a_c_assgidkwOSqpaKWJIhXkkmYSH0X8rziQLZt0064wuLNqoXY6NlBfPDVZ7Rpqb-8MFPibkbST-C8MmPH_AaMntwUsW4VHwNASbHDwVb3nLat-FBiX2jAXRLTwWf8f3mnaw=w750

After that we decided to get a snack. Hello beautiful donuts! I got a Gingerbread Donut and K got a S’mores Donut.

gJeTkf-I1e6t4yWqCbm8sGArQhn6L65t3bGGyDzIFpwQzRYDaiJmlvIX9kdZADyGmYYOwXQCoHNxVod-QoTVRjKDRdltn9W4xGfw9-J9nPFp6ijyJ6fcDQNGECMIGus-ouMqFmbarw=w750

oEORtkAgB7UGG0kNiy4oooMEZ13SvdrOsSg4GNo8KLG4SqJJwphiQZ6MtRwBz7Y6KkEwc4pzuRqEH6cVNE9q79e5850owswwCZxcG6wsAJrnbTlYJqQlFX0LFeev8JDCmNB6WHREHQ=w750

We had grabbed a FP for Radiator Springs Racers which is another ride I have missed the past few times I was here because it is ALWAYS down. So we Park Hopped to Disney’s California Adventure.

iARG3yOxr240Q16lFuf7F8KQJq811oVt9QkiskW9Kri9E8nQ1y-u0DIl763pWyqaZMCKwgYba2KD4KcFsO4kvO8mBixhuE0tw5R6_9wJc6nsnch2lIfGWSGtjcjkhOVuNzMN0-fFWQ=w750

fZJuErqSIdrvb-EcA0msl3p3VYkbcbzuW1QPwt_0HKK2ZdnkekiFqlrW4nOEiCFCg6PPIFZYTCOM4R5GBtnR8UsvfQY-HW2miGOGI8B7OUP7eK3dK26kaiVNi9nFQEdLR-C8Eum5rw=w750

w5QD8baFoNWseckxfBAVdyYtml0qdP_Cfaf9SZ-W6TnRqNzcs3EC9SwLtWdaHF-IEovpmQbNJmxLOdg87wqKpYzi9RVj2PIMTEbDaPXACywt3m0oBjcNhU0zxmW2UC6hjPfshcCbgQ=w750

K loves the Disney Dress Shop so we stopped by there and she picked up two new dresses. Then it was off to Cars. The line for FP was REALLLLLLY long. Like IDK why, so we jumped in the Single Rider line and went straight to the front. We didn’t get to ride together but such is life. I was seated next to a guy with a GoPro that had a boom mic on it and he was filming his GF. It was annoying. Whatevs.

EXAxUYgL60mZo2a0C8bx4xAGhf9WDIAfvysn9G98WM1_pCTxueQJrrf1WWfCg7tqANMAiut9jheKswClgqBSM3loDkWODfuP2-SjIv9DYWS1Q-LnnTU2FjaW_J38uBzuoJ9WK5LDYA=w750

Then we decided to knock out a few more fun rides, so we did Gaurdians of the Galaxy first. The song was Born to Be Wild, which was the first time I saw this one. Someone said there were like 5 different songs and scenarios they roll through but I have only seen two of them in the like 7 times I have ridden this ride. Shrug. And then we did the Incredicoaster!

wnqknC8HlPA_fe0xUYwbar1hrA7O8WwsnF4990ZO6Xo3TZe6oZTYLbmD3umJDKbNmAvd0j5EY8cWdA5v4pIt5jDLQfe1iq7Xv8xnMYjjaK4mEp_dzRvsrF6TXJy9duKSVOuMI6m1kw=w750

BSNTosSOOPjpwHr_mnx3zTrdaS6ac93s_w2oU3k3RA6Zey9_--FxKthHFPCsbexNHDlZZlDy73fOEzDdMnM1zJHB9BL9iF-uPkboWtXqstxkV0_Xjh-MCUzzd5m-Zn6D5QrjX9zhkw=w750

In between the rides we met Vanellope, she was super cute to meet!

UDwlCgxPxMWiieS-FhAEMVrSeRxFfwBr5ez5o4E5UYRVkyJUqydUFyU4_IRGrNhNG_iPD7TnQWWnTDXeionzxgj_FdT-EJfhjmxw1hsa5hHE-iszWux_ThSvivW9mIflMzl8AXi45w=w750

AND THEN IT WAS TIME FOR SNACKS. We went to check out Bing Bong’s candy shop and got a slushie type thing from there that would have been much better with booze. But okay.

2UvcTGrwN8tEYrT1Npv2HQposKuUoE2v5yXHreV9zCFbr8EOfGZlEZuqO_LCbZ3Yx23DEm56msGMTU3wn3ZfgzFPQJMkT5xuQcck6O2vs9r_aWLdfY-tpvrrft2r5YbrFQWaJchaFw=w750

Then I had to get some of these Jalapeno Latkes I saw on the menu for the Festival of Holidays that was going on in DCA. It was a lot like the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot, but smaller and I didn’t really care for a lot of the food choices. We only ate at two of the tents I think. But these latkes were spicy and delicious and I wish they never ended!

NQQZ0QNd8HtG1r3dx2UGnqhcBYsd_MzIgnxnYH9UDcm0N2H_jExZeiwfIh13s6kN9cHIHmdAGyBdHrb1EYb2scoJxHFX8RgFcM1hWcKnmb9OpR2JtOY6jaWgVF0-DYQilFhPnsxVHg=w750

1CDAnvMuNTHerKQypJEjupZfekyYBYFFaXIDv_DrzfjW6HEumyxQYLghti3hoEmYMwqxqeWFMHy4AFBXsXmyhWq_BIY3Hg0kK8Ut7U4qUv2w4hzHow4TU7-f0lckNVNpJZh4jTD4jw=w750

Then we headed back to Disneyland, but I'll save that for part two!
(Link to Part Two!)

Last edited:

In hindsight, this was a terrible idea for many reasons, but we had fun so at least there was that.
I didn't know it was possible for a trip to Disneyland to be a terrible idea.

If this isn’t the ultimate Dopey training, I don’t know what is!
Given the nature of my @DopeyBadger training plan, I tell myself that not getting near 26.2 miles in training is not as big a deal as my brain says it is because I have been in the parks on my feet again after every single runDisney event I've ever run that day. So the marathon is just a more intense version of going to the parks after the half marathon, right? Paging @OldSlowGoofyGuy to verify or refute my belief in case I need to adjust my mental training some more.

And then we did the Incredicoaster!
I love The Incredicoaster. I think it's a huge upgrade in the music alone. Then again I also love The Incredibles.

I tell myself that not getting near 26.2 miles in training is not as big a deal as my brain says it is...

Trust those who have gone before you. The endurance and specific training you are doing add up to a successful finish of 26.2.

So the marathon is just a more intense version of going to the parks after the half marathon, right?

Exactly (well, maybe a little more boring.) You go to a park. At some point, you say 'My feet hurt, I'm tired, and I'm ready to go back to the room.' But you keep going because YOLO and the bus ride back is no fun. The marathon is no different. (Key: bus reference)

...to verify or refute my belief in case I need to adjust my mental training some more.

You seem to be on track. Keep up the good work.

@jennamfeo, sorry for cluttering up your journal. Congrats on the great races and pics!

Congrats on your awesome races.

Now I'm just gonna a stare at that picture of fake snow on Sleeping Beauty Castle for a few minutes. (Also, you guys look great, but mostly I find fake snow in southern California very entertaining)

I didn't know it was possible for a trip to Disneyland to be a terrible idea.
Well, my friend I was with is a die hard Disney fan, as is her husband. This was her first trip to Disney without him and he thought he was going to be okay with it and he wasn't. So it was a lot of sad texts coming through. PLUS, they have 4 kids, so he was home with them while we were away. Needless to say, I felt really bad. To add insult to injury, she lost her pair of Eeyore ears that she got 10 years ago on their honeymoon trip to Disneyland. So yeah. Fun was had but at a cost...

@jennamfeo, sorry for cluttering up your journal. Congrats on the great races and pics!
No worries! Thanks! I always appreciate your insight anyway. I will take free pep-talks all day long!

Now I'm just gonna a stare at that picture of fake snow on Sleeping Beauty Castle for a few minutes. (Also, you guys look great, but mostly I find fake snow in southern California very entertaining)
But how about that one time it snowed in Vegas?...

lasvegas.jpg

It's even more interesting when it's Halloween and snow covers the castle. I've lived in Utah and Russia, so I can confidently say that for me, my favorite kind of snow is easily Disney snow. Magical, beautiful, and it isn't freezing cold and it doesn't make driving a terrifying nightmare.

To add insult to injury, she lost her pair of Eeyore ears that she got 10 years ago on their honeymoon trip to Disneyland. So yeah. Fun was had but at a cost...
That's too bad. Sadly sometimes Disney can't find things that were lost there.

No worries! Thanks! I always appreciate your insight anyway. I will take free pep-talks all day long!
Free pep talks are good.

I bring weird weather wherever I go.
Hopefully you'll make it nice weather for marathon weekend instead of cold or stormy weather.

It's even more interesting when it's Halloween and snow covers the castle. I've lived in Utah and Russia, so I can confidently say that for me, my favorite kind of snow is easily Disney snow. Magical, beautiful, and it isn't freezing cold and it doesn't make driving a terrifying nightmare.

That's too bad. Sadly sometimes Disney can't find things that were lost there.

Free pep talks are good.

Hopefully you'll make it nice weather for marathon weekend instead of cold or stormy weather.

You lived in Russia? That is so cool! I’d love to visit someday.

Snow in Vegas is crazy.

You lived in Russia? That is so cool! I’d love to visit someday.
Yes, I served a 2 year mission for my church in Moscow. It was a very challenging, yet incredibly rewarding experience that continues to bless my life today.

Make sure you visit the nice parts, like St. Petersburg or Moscow. I lived on Sakhalin Island for three years and don't recommend it.
When I was in Moscow from 1995-1997, it could still be difficult to find basic things. Grocery shopping was always an adventure.

Disneyland Day One – Part 2
12/10/2018

We got back into Disneyland and it was a lot of “what do you want to do” over and over. Go figure that when you send two moms with zero kids they relish in not having to have a firm plan for the whole day. So we wandered over to Pooh’s Corner and met Pooh Bear. He was a sweetheart. There was a girl in front of us who wanted Pooh to sign a shoe she brought and I was like “You want Pooh on your shoe?” and the CM in charge turned and looked at me and giggled.

hXLd3Rizicv8AApPvSXOccezPFQyXBfeF0GWKmkdrKr2P875VqeLJzhVF_C8XL6O4PxZllDHm_d0sBAzcEJm_m6qrPIAvmKzFjLMEv0iT6Q5UC2PwXUHN-b_0tDIBVDLGHCqbzTrdA=w750

Since the line was short we hopped on the Pooh ride which I haven’t ridden since my Senior Grad night in 2003! Then we just wandered around some more and made our way to Adventureland where we found a handsome and very stumbly Jack Sparrow roaming around. So we did something we couldn’t ever do if our families were with us and followed him. All the way across the park. To a CM door behind Main Street. And he never returned. So we headed back to Adventureland where we were planning to eat before we chased a pirate across the park and on our way put in a mobile order at Bengal BBQ. I have never eaten here for some reason and I regret that I hadn’t until today. Easily the best Quick Service food at Disneyland. I had the Bengal Beef Skewers and the Safari Skewer (bacon wrapped asparagus). SO good!

4PpUUImZp-MLiVUjrMDE74Glao5P2IpYWe98VLMhapU06ezQ1lIpfkguOrdjca-tPjoW6rXa3fdQbEJBD3JpYWuey90a5ly3f6f1amqETxQ84G8ugaITrxWwz8hIREbDU5qHfq5HGA=w750

Then we hit up the Haunted Mansion and it was much more enjoyable without a crying child next me. I was able to actually look around and take in the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay which is just so amazing.

kRnSLsJLstOO17tt9U0DLsZt90SHO3PPyfVWgzlj0sHD4lpu42i5h2WaokNDce2dENXli1is6QZHfL7jPW8pa18pFRLhfwSy1yPMo67kEIj2AhohMg-Fgv-zyK_r3PduDYdo3TTUDw=w750

I was then in need of a churro and I wanted to try the Gingerbread Churro. It was MEH at best.

LGeNR2pknWNe5gn8zAwP2P8vMFn1PmPqWzQ_n-pZjc03nqBk4FWSG-oKfS27hLdYSfpyhTKQI7cy0iZ5xLXgOYQzfyYf6cotdGSGOJhfu1eLS4Bk4nlPXJ9dISlAAjl_NWOpT780qg=w750

With Churros in hand we waited in line to meet Goofy who was decked out for the holidays. Goofy is probably my favorite character to meet and he definitely sealed the deal with this meet. I think it’s safe to say I have a new boyfriend. Can’t wait to see him again in January. Xoxo

j03ExdLxrR8WdzBUFcUxe-nrZ2mZDHXzVjT8f-Gjj3f8pEd5kMbfEMXSIBQFaqPHoWEqRvAU0YMraD2Ma_hAKbGKe58rEebB5U6vLa2uFGiMJgN7XL9xoNva_AkSBXNhhYtpaYpw2A=w750

Since we were by Main Street and the Christmas Parade was about to start, we decided to find a spot and watch it. This was my first time watching a full parade at Disneyland. It was fun! Much better without a kid saying “is it done yet?” which mine would have definitely done. I think that’s a big reason K wanted to watch it.

f441IvRdpbK9c3RMSoDcjqxVA4XGrH9KcwdztoYNxuSQ0JFgodTvE_MhlVVntxYGi4e4J7CsY56Hrp56_HzePx0c39efphxw9UhM3FRPRmt9-fD_pzVumI6gdhtsX7FT9xT3anWQig=w750

We had spent a lot of time on our feet at this point so I suggested the Tiki Room (another first for me!). K picked up a popcorn bucket so we had a snack while we were in there. It was pretty cute and weeks later I am still singing the song. Haha. Then we wandered around for a bit and I bought Bay a bunch of Nightmare Before Christmas stuff because she LOVES that movie. K checked the app and saw that the Small World lighting was happening in a bit so we went over there to watch that. It was really cool to see!

tmhnPDFgbWDOFmV--2sRyL2enU0A0HCjwszWa1lw8iTMJxv0CcbTnfc_Ndi47VTq3gKU3NAkfMGhf5-g0-S6FNB3bx_fCyrCunxZfBqgAsdy8Q1EYSiBKt1yv8vcvgYEDRlwvgDKjw=w750

Main Street Christmas Lights <3
3RLL7gHO6SlX2e85Coo8ajDrgCxGrxMvfxpIKGx6sHs7cL8iKKTXzQIU_9OJ6F6MEJRJztjBb2FfXMRdwQFLTCnlDHoiT3vigQ3_W0qigUaCBHM4blt0iPuyS0htSfXMtRDJ5Q4WhQ=w750

We had a dinner reservation for 8:00pm at the Lamplight Lounge so we park hopped over to DCA to check some more things off our to-do list. Starting with riding Guardians of the Galaxy again! And somehow we got sat in the same exact spot as when we rode it earlier this day.

mHgvkBFKaqR4z-8OmDqnoL8kOitIFQC4azwfCVRtE5bLkoJCflHVgn4XHgR3fAEySUAv1lNcWnl_zulcJ0_fZWQglw4wftnLnH5KEFHGXLSh11DHGGZ53vK1eaNOnOJ8MnV9MF_5Hg=w750

AND THEN, we finally had our first beer of the day! I don’t even know why it took us so long, but hello beautiful!

h27hDVWvi1wdTYmSvK3DxOJyTyPGv2GEd7uRDNULVKWrMszf5M21JEcoa3eSVCEkZYzupq9d3qp4R3rP0U4z4nAWdOkS0XPxUOjNCXB0z-kFJN1vEwjbOe61ByHaMqdf9fut9Vs8yA=w750

With time to kill before our reservation, we took some more photos together.

z_ET4ADYDJGzN2gES-7GyfBdmov6mH3lUsAxDQsmKVzjhqfO16fwmENlKyVVZs-T7tjcuvf6ruuqMOTcqK0Gbv45RzD_ODlPOe1U3LAw4ORxkcsdEgc33AO2GTjTUKxnJkdba1Khxg=w750

tRNsz-ISrr-qsozxZYYOdOBpyF7deZlawIlXjJl4SaVwuSc_YofFas3b1Dsky1tloG9-ZUVcM4JwHZ7Y1xjeRa1PKillilY7V9irwpStuyIOy-kPcaNlm0ulYBuktlpzPFmqXcpT5Q=w750

We tried to get into the single rider line at Cars but it was PACKED. So we stood there for a bit and bailed on it. We went to the Incredicoaster instead and got to ride it front row which is THE BEST spot at night.

Then it was time for dinner! We shared the Potato Skins, which I would definitely get again and again. I had the Cheddar Burger and K had the Ratatouille. Both were amazing. And for drinks I had the Finish with a Fix and the Zombie. Safe to say, I was feeling pretty good after those. We passed on dessert because all they have are donuts and there are so many more options in the park for the same price.

uJZjwlLNBsXAv47Q1Q5MB3_Tbc2ZdSAj4w_loNKjI0CVM4nv8W9ncmRkjl4Yw0Nt29lX31e2Kn4DQZ0YXkHkUQpr6tYQS_mC4vEs43iH76-CXr1gf7M99LaqJtTrZWMlnPtO-vsraw=w750

ZKiBeEKfeVpyNP_RhpzkU84iR4g9Dmq9cClY4iAZCeto9RJys4bOu9iNkCVjBN94STAelepl9JC8U874Q4uwbnfqwJXYLx7m4WnxLD75XzyrDyNiCUf_u55gmaB3xr-I2FjZVhtqgg=w750

ITBdbZ2qxnhytigz0tZON47RP20_XKpLi33P3oQxt_0vveIeMBCE3O96araBNqND6yJHrMdQesCfgMu8qVyBio8JAAHrPelQovuJY4qfbdruVKAdMqpg2uQb5A9yUa_iUI0Vhqwtog=w750

c0FDu9oZ3Buw87Vdc2GtcdEPDvuD_ZQQ_YqcT0pRUyQsCDSYw7H0NeYJXGeBXMYxL2KhPn8oSrJvUpGQQgC5Hf651vSNcDzwtguo398ojp2EBySam69lJ1Ug6LrLDeFqI61CTv1FVQ=w750

KJGRNhoNf7hVLT9tA-Lwh7QfHqN5KlhfHnwUjq30AsDRg7wybkjg33ukFdxMmlvLDFAfUbmUgS3g6bf93VzUhUKvxsVYAYpMMh6qTOdvo1nbGYZIXwl4pfJuWMu_3b__MjxjcK4v6Q=w750

RhrIuKYacjTdokGfMzIQci7xMdU-ylzaUqTyjMvr5BHajyxFRZ30hvRQofan61qUxbPLNjrwmhrX7gwmkS7m-WC86yHkEOW7OIHIc_Wt7vocNV5jKKRKyhG8B4XgclqnJ5mKjLOVgw=w750

EYF0DpZMBk84M12sG_ElgEUzA0h4_ye7o6GoVucsRKMXBeX6gp5pXiKQSNDxBRx-6M4uI1g3xF9zKa0-aDpCVak7Ls_K2lem2tAE4vIqTEOoyryTEFsFbUfQaG4zwPQKwo2njrbCzg=w750

We park hopped back to Disneyland and went straight to Space Mountain. Highly recommend that ride while intoxicated. So much fun!

Ulwl1CnRcK9BIAOjqpf03_qlDzZGUDlxhP-hWXcigWW9FvHMV_Bh1fWd64kzQxOnkhqZaeQQ9c5fmOb3PBvpblL0vEz7s3flMS2XBAJygSmQn7G0sWMfK0v94NpCODOxgEn8AQHqKg=w750

Then we decided we needed MORE photos, so we went to the Castle and got in line. We noticed one CM was really killing it with the poses so we asked to wait for her. The other CM was like “there are three groups in front of you, are you sure?” UH YES. Don’t question drunk moms, okay? Jamie was AMAZING and we had so much fun with her. Worth the wait!

K7p282psxjcaGisuIVmAYNe0P9Zf1b6WqOmuMGDAFRWMjjamQVV6Alcl1aCu94q5bsod2ThHi_4Q7TacYrIHgyAct7tYvUlFE5SP3125wam5RJDFaeqSw2BHNdJFzDppfBprVAdo3A=w750

With some time before the park closed we got on Indiana Jones and then I took a nap on Pirates of the Caribbean. OOPS. Then we went back to our hotel room and was asleep at 12:30 with our alarms set for 7am to do it all over again the next day!
(Link to Disneyland Day Two!)

Last edited:
Grown up Disney trips are so much fun. I’m looking forward to park time without my daughter with me. Don’t get me wrong, I love going to WDW with her, but there’s such freedom without a kid with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts