Every Mile is a Miracle

With 5 days until I am on a plane to Orlando, my emotions are running wild. I went through some pictures from our Wine and Dine trip in 2017 and they made me cry. Which then made me think about all of the ugly crying that is gonna happen on Sunday when I finish the Marathon. Then I thought about how my husband isn't going to be there to congratulate me for finishing my first marathon. And since I'm pretty sure he doesn't even know this journal exists, I feel okay with saying that it kind of really hurts my feelings that he isn't going to be there. But whatever because all of my favorite people are gonna be there.

So if you need me for the next 5 days, I will be a big ball of emotions and permanently on the verge of tears.

With 5 days until I am on a plane to Orlando, my emotions are running wild. I went through some pictures from our Wine and Dine trip in 2017 and they made me cry. Which then made me think about all of the ugly crying that is gonna happen on Sunday when I finish the Marathon. Then I thought about how my husband isn't going to be there to congratulate me for finishing my first marathon. And since I'm pretty sure he doesn't even know this journal exists, I feel okay with saying that it kind of really hurts my feelings that he isn't going to be there. But whatever because all of my favorite people are gonna be there.

So if you need me for the next 5 days, I will be a big ball of emotions and permanently on the verge of tears.

That’s exactly how I felt when I ran my first half marathon. I was by myself at WDW for Princess. DD had a soccer tournament so it’s a good excuse why my family wasn’t there, but still, I didn’t have anyone to share that joy with after crossing the finish line. And then he wasn’t there again this past February at Princess with zero excuse because we live so close. I was sad! You will have a lot of us there to lean on if you are feeling blue :grouphug:

Even I will admit I was emotional for my first marathon. Even my second was still emotional. We shall see how my third is...

You got this, you are going to do great, and we are all here to cheer you on!

I'm ready to give you a big ol' sweaty hug post- marathon!! Let's definitely try to meet up a few times! When are you getting in/headed to the expo on Wednesday?

Your first marathon SHOULD be emotional and we'll all be there to support you and celebrate!!

I'm not sure what to expect emotionally from my first marathon. I usually don't get emotional in races, but this could be different since it's a new distance.

But know that we're cheering for you and are excited for what you're about to do.

I'm ready to give you a big ol' sweaty hug post- marathon!! Let's definitely try to meet up a few times! When are you getting in/headed to the expo on Wednesday?
We will for sure meet up at some point! I fly in Tuesday so I plan on getting to the expo as soon as it opens. But you have my number so just text me and we will work something out!

Your first marathon SHOULD be emotional and we'll all be there to support you and celebrate!!
Yay! You all are the best! <3

I'm not sure what to expect emotionally from my first marathon. I usually don't get emotional in races, but this could be different since it's a new distance.

But know that we're cheering for you and are excited for what you're about to do.
I cry at everything so of course I am going to cry at the end of the Marathon. Haha. And I am thankful for this group and all the support we give to each other.

I cry at everything so of course I am going to cry at the end of the Marathon.
I think I cried very briefly at the end of the 2016 Light Side Half, but that may have been due to the specific choice of Star Wars music I had set up to have on as I crossed the finish line. So the emotion in that musical crescendo as I crossed the finish line might have been what pushed me over the top. I might have also cried when I finished the 2017 Kessel Run. To date, that's my proudest running accomplishment.

But I'm not judging anyone who does cry after finishing a race. So much preparation goes into that moment and all sorts of fears, concerns, and doubts are conquered in that preparation and the race itself. It doesn't surprise me at all that people get emotional.

And I am thankful for this group and all the support we give to each other.
I know I never would have signed up for a marathon if not for this group. And when I wondered if I should sign up, many people here offered their experience that helped me realize that I wanted the experience. And again when I seriously doubted myself, I knew I could be open here about my fears and receive the support I needed.

Finishing your first marathon is a huge accomplishment and an emotional moment for sure, but maybe you will feel like I did - happy & relieved that it's DONE and we can just get on with the eating & drinking part. :rotfl:

I get what you're saying about your husband not being there. I haven't had family at most of my races and its really tough. But I'm sure he'll be cheering for you from afar, and you'll have all of us there screaming and excited for you.

Love you, girl!

You can ugly cry all you want when you finish, but just make sure you grab me a beer from the beer truck while you're at it. :rotfl2::drinking1

Okay enough about how much I am going to cry next week. I am a-okay with how much I cry, I was just warning y'all. Let's talk plans!

I basically had @Keels make most of my plans because frankly, planning for a Disney trip is exhausting and I am always the one in charge of doing it. It was nice to just sit back and have her figure the details out! I was just looking at our FP+ selections and it looks like I finally get to ride FoP! Sweet! So here is where you can find me, if you want to. (Or avoid me if you don't. Whatever.)

Tuesday January 8th
4:30pm - Land at MCO
DME to WDW!
Meet Keels at Poly
Maybe get my AP
8:15pm - Spirit of Aloha
Probably Trader Sams

Wednesday January 9th
Quick run in the morning
Maybe a stop by the hot tub
EXPO when it opens
Pool time
Maybe pop up to MK
7:15pm - Cali Grill
Electrical Water Pageant
Poppin' bottles and making sure we have socks

Thursday January 10th
5k!
Downtime
Head to AK
2:35pm - FoP
3:35pm - EE
4:55pm - Kili Safari
6:30pm - Morimoto Asia

Friday January 11th
10k!!
Downtime
3:00pm - HHHH Meet up
Maybe head to HS
4:20pm - ToT
5:20pm - SDD
6:00pm - Dinner somewhere

Saturday January 12th
HM!!!
Head to MK
11:40pm - BTMR
12:40pm - SM
1:40pm - SDMT
6:00pm - Il Mulino

Sunday January 13th
Marathon!!!!
I don't see anything on our schedule until dinner, let's hang.
8:25pm - Ohana

Monday January 14th
DATW!!!!!
1:30pm - Via Napoli
8:15pm - Illuminations Cruise

So, there you have it. I have a goal of riding the ToT as much as possible and if I'm not there or anywhere on this list I will probably be at MK or the pool.

FOUR DAYS!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter