EPIC isn't ONCE in a lifetime~ Final entry before GO time (4/17)!!! April 2013 PTR

You obviously need to do what is best for your family, but I really think you guys should try the Yacht club. it is so beautiful and so different from the poly it would give you guys almost 2 separate vacations in one. I really think the girls and will love Stormalong bay!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

It's so hard. DH says he'll go along with whatever, but I know he isn't really fond of the split stay idea. For our trip this past summer, we were at one point booked for a BC/POLY split and he wasn't happy about that either...we know how that turned out....

I want him to be happy with our arrangements too. :confused:

Hi MM,
Whatever you choose will be lovely. Basically I think you're asking...strawberry sundae? chocolate sundae? or shall we enjoy a little bit of both?????
The split stay conundrum...
The negative: Yes, you do have to have a move day.
The positive: I think most of the CL's work pretty hard to get you into a room quickly.
You're on a 10 day vacation, a split allows you to have different lounge offerings.
The split you're considering gives you really nice park options. When you're at Poly, enjoy MK and maybe? AK. When you're at YC, enjoy Epcot and Hollywood studios. Don't underestimate the time savings here, it really helps to be close to parks. Stormalongbay is a another great benefit of the Yacht Club. Of course, you can certainly vary things as you need to--it's your family vacation!
If your family decides they'd rather just be at one resort, that's ok, too! You guys are going to have a fabulous time, whatever you decide. :dance3:

What is DH's biggest issue with the split stay? Is it the packing and moving resorts? Tell him to think of it as a European vacation and it's time to change cities and hotels ;h

Hi MM,
Whatever you choose will be lovely. Basically I think you're asking...strawberry sundae? chocolate sundae? or shall we enjoy a little bit of both?????
The split stay conundrum...
The negative: Yes, you do have to have a move day.
The positive: I think most of the CL's work pretty hard to get you into a room quickly.
You're on a 10 day vacation, a split allows you to have different lounge offerings.
The split you're considering gives you really nice park options. When you're at Poly, enjoy MK and maybe? AK. When you're at YC, enjoy Epcot and Hollywood studios. Don't underestimate the time savings here, it really helps to be close to parks. Stormalongbay is a another great benefit of the Yacht Club. Of course, you can certainly vary things as you need to--it's your family vacation!
If your family decides they'd rather just be at one resort, that's ok, too! You guys are going to have a fabulous time, whatever you decide. :dance3:

What is DH's biggest issue with the split stay? Is it the packing and moving resorts? Tell him to think of it as a European vacation and it's time to change cities and hotels ;h

DH just wants to be in one place and relax. I get it, I am kind of the same way.

Well, we made a change. We dropped CL all together, and our whole stay will be at Beach Club.

This was supposed to be a "budget trip" since it will be the second 11-day trip inside of a 9 month period, and I let it balloon out of control.

We considered moving to a value or a moderate, but we aren't ready to budget
that much ;)

And, I'm sure DH doesn't think the break will happen. He says I will find a way...
:rolleyes1

I am sure you WILL find a way Candace :hug: and you'll have help!! ;)

Well, we made a change. We dropped CL all together, and our whole stay will be at Beach Club.
It will be great!!!! I have been playing every scenario to sneak a deluxe into our Nov. girls trip...but I just can't justify the expense..and then CL on top :confused: So with the $$ saved, my girls will have the freedom to buy ANY snack in the World :woohoo: BC in April :thumbsup2

Not sure you're done....this is shaping up like the 2012 trip...kinda...deja vu popcorn::

19407437aff7e54c51b5425f16247b8e.jpg

Under the 200 day mark!!!!! :yay::yay:

I am sure you WILL find a way Candace :hug: and you'll have help!! ;)

It will be great!!!! I have been playing every scenario to sneak a deluxe into our Nov. girls trip...but I just can't justify the expense..and then CL on top :confused: So with the $$ saved, my girls will have the freedom to buy ANY snack in the World :woohoo: BC in April :thumbsup2

Not sure you're done....this is shaping up like the 2012 trip...kinda...deja vu popcorn::

Yeah, my oldest was kind of upset about losing the snack room "note SPOILED" ;)

And I told her we were saving $1300 this way, and imagine how many snacks we could buy with that....she was all :eek:

It is interesting to see how this will end. Even I'm not sure anymore.

Even though I had considered moderates, DH did say that he definitely prefers the indoor corridors, so deluxe it is....but which one??? Guess we'll find out in April. :rotfl2:

For now, BC it is. :dance3:

IMHO, I like the Beach Club Better...

I've stayed at the Poly and while wonderful... I thought the rooms and common areas are a little "fresher" at the Beach Club...

The Beach at the Poly is really lovely but the pool at the Beach Club is just awesome...:thumbsup2

I think it is win win either way...:confused3

On another note, DH and I have realized that we might have to take a little break from Disney after our April trip.

We are in the middle of a two year break too and DH hates it! I sympathize. But the kids are so looking forward to going again and I know it will make them appreciate it so much more!

So last night, DH says....now that we are doing CL at both resorts, why do we need to switch resorts????

Much as I love visiting different resorts, I hate switching mid trip. Mostly because once they lost our bags for a whole day and we missed our Spirit of Aloha dinner because they won't let you come in once you are late. :sad1: Poly, BC and YC are all beautiful so whichever you pick, you'll have the added benefit of looking forward to returning to the other for your next trip in 2015!

IMHO, I like the Beach Club Better...

I've stayed at the Poly and while wonderful... I thought the rooms and common areas are a little "fresher" at the Beach Club...

The Beach at the Poly is really lovely but the pool at the Beach Club is just awesome...:thumbsup2

I think it is win win either way...:confused3

I do love the decor at the Epcot resorts - probably YC the best! But, BC is beautiful too and is a resort we have not stayed at before, so I am excited to give it a try. :cheer2:

Poly renovations start in January, and we would have gotten a newly refurbished room staying CL...but CL is sooooo much more money, and though we enjoyed it, I don't think we are a family that gets full use out of it, so I just can't justify the cost. The 40% off was not available for a regular Poly room. :upsidedow

We are in the middle of a two year break too and DH hates it! I sympathize. But the kids are so looking forward to going again and I know it will make them appreciate it so much more!

Much as I love visiting different resorts, I hate switching mid trip. Mostly because once they lost our bags for a whole day and we missed our Spirit of Aloha dinner because they won't let you come in once you are late. :sad1: Poly, BC and YC are all beautiful so whichever you pick, you'll have the added benefit of looking forward to returning to the other for your next trip in 2015!

Oh wow!!! I would go crazy if my stuff got lost. Though I know that the process usually goes smoothly, that would happen to us!!! I was stressing out about it this far out already, so now I don't have to worry about it!!! :beach:

Yeah, my oldest was kind of upset about losing the snack room "note SPOILED" ;)

And I told her we were saving $1300 this way, and imagine how many snacks we could buy with that....she was all :eek:

It is interesting to see how this will end. Even I'm not sure anymore.

Even though I had considered moderates, DH did say that he definitely prefers the indoor corridors, so deluxe it is....but which one??? Guess we'll find out in April. :rotfl2:

For now, BC it is. :dance3:

HRH is the sameway with the snack room..in the end the kidlets are happy anywhere!!! And when you tell them they can get ANY snack ANYWHERE!!! Yeah, they like that too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flower3:

Back to the generic ticker ;)

I am sure wherever you end up the kids will have a great time. I know it is hard to figure it all out....trust me!!;)

DH just gave a green light for us to go May 16 - 19 (maybe the 20th) just him and I , value resort, for SWW!! Now I just have to worry about if my parents will watch the kids!:confused3

I do agree that after seeing the BC decor, the Poly is so completly different. So, if you like the light, airy feel of BC, you may or may not love the Poly!! I will post a few more pics of the inside hallway, and our room if I can! As you can see, the rooms are a bit darker than I am sure they are at the BC.

IMG_0657.jpg

Pas ~ Yeah, one other thing that we wanted out of this upcoming trip is not feeling like we were tied down to eating at certain times...which is why we are ditching the DDP this time around and limiting ourselves to 5 ADR's. CL kind of defeats that purpose too since we would actually have to arrange to be in the lounge for the snacks....

We are looking forward to trying stuff that we previously haven't been able to because of the way the DDP is structured, or because we had already eaten enough at the CL Lounge...(i.e. one of those delicious looking waffle sandwiches from Sleepy Hollow) :hyper:

Jen ~ Thanks for the picture!!! As you know, I don't LOVE the decor of the Poly, and one of the reasons I was all for it was because the Hawaii building would be refurbed but just the money is too much...and, a regular room is not available under the military discount. :crazy2:

Just thinking about our amazing CL stay at WL....it was perfection....why not just do that again????

My kids just spent an hour reading all about the WL and said they definitely want to stay there over staying at YC again....wonder if they will change their minds after we go latter this month. There are so many positives about all the resorts, it's hard to choose. But BC does have SAB!!!!! That is hard to beat!

My kids just spent an hour reading all about the WL and said they definitely want to stay there over staying at YC again....wonder if they will change their minds after we go latter this month. There are so many positives about all the resorts, it's hard to choose. But BC does have SAB!!!!! That is hard to beat!

You know how I feel about the WL. It is absolutely amazing, and frankly, magical.

I don't get the "magical" feel about the BC, though I think it's absolutely gorgeous! I know the kids will like SAB too!!! When we meandered over there this summer the girls were just standing by the gate with their jaws on the ground. :rotfl2:

Okay, it's a new morning....sure there was talk last night. Are you still booked at BC? If so, will you still be within the next few hours ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Okay, it's a new morning....sure there was talk last night. Are you still booked at BC? If so, will you still be within the next few hours ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Still at BC. For now...:goodvibes

I don't know why this has to be so darn difficult!!!!

I really want to try something new, but WL keeps calling...(along with CL)....I must resist, I must!!!! :upsidedow

I was thinking the same thing ;)

Still at BC. For now...:goodvibes

I don't know why this has to be so darn difficult!!!!

I really want to try something new, but WL keeps calling...(along with CL)....I must resist, I must!!!!
Our new, well MY new battle in my brain...is WL CL vs. BLT :upsidedow

Pas ~ Yeah, one other thing that we wanted out of this upcoming trip is not feeling like we were tied down to eating at certain times...which is why we are ditching the DDP this time around and limiting ourselves to 5 ADR's. CL kind of defeats that purpose too since we would actually have to arrange to be in the lounge for the snacks....

We are looking forward to trying stuff that we previously haven't been able to because of the way the DDP is structured, or because we had already eaten enough at the CL Lounge...(i.e. one of those delicious looking waffle sandwiches from Sleepy Hollow)
Sleepy Hollow has those kick butt funnel cakes too....:goodvibes

Just thinking about our amazing CL stay at WL....it was perfection....why not just do that again????

Oh Candace, I know just what you mean :hug: (BTW I just realized if we definitely do August the GF construction may be completed :scratchin) Sorry, I am all over the place today :p

I was thinking the same thing ;)

Our new, well MY new battle in my brain...is WL CL vs. BLT :upsidedow

Sleepy Hollow has those kick butt funnel cakes too....:goodvibes

Oh Candace, I know just what you mean :hug: (BTW I just realized if we definitely do August the GF construction may be completed :scratchin) Sorry, I am all over the place today :p

When is the GF construction supposed to be done?? That new water play area would be wonderful for my kiddos.... popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter