Epcot Segway Tour cancelled - all of them

slacter

Earning My Ears
Just got a message today that our Segway Tour for this Saturday morning (2/16/2013) has been cancelled. On calling back, we found out that ALL Segway tours were cancelled and that reservations was not allowed to book any future tours. We're really bummed out on this one after hem-hawing for a while to take the plunge. Now, what to do with our new free time?

I have an Epcot Segway tour planned for May and have not received a call yet.....how odd that they'd cancel them all.

Strange! We were there last Thursday and did see a woman crash her Segway into a curb and took a pretty bad fall. I wonder how often people get hurt?

The new Segway breakfast tour is going to include a 1 hour lesson... maybe it's a liability thing, or one of those super-secret court settlements with someone that got hurt.

Man, I hope it's nothing major. I can't wait for my kids to be old enough to go on one of these tours!

Bummer! I've done the Segway Around the World tour twice and loved it both times.

It does NOT take a whole hour of instruction to learn to ride a Segway, unless you have a very large class. They do offer an "out" to anyone who doesn't feel confident by the time the instruction is finished.

I'll be watching for an update on the situation.

Well, we just rebooked on the Fort Wilderness All-Terrain Segway Tour, which they were still able to book. As for the Epcot tour, they're on the back-side of refunding all the paid reservations and there are no bookings allowed until further notice. Can't say it's a permanent thing, but definitely a downer for now.

On the bright side, with the Fort Wilderness tour, our one-day visit might no longer require the park hopper option! We will see if we only need MK now (wife has to chime in on this decision).

Could it have something to do with the Bakery in WS opening earlier than the usual 11 opening of WS? Is it problematic to have people riding Segways in places where other guests are walking?

Could it have something to do with the Bakery in WS opening earlier than the usual 11 opening of WS? Is it problematic to have people riding Segways in places where other guests are walking?

I don't believe so. Prior to the bakery openeing, the International Gateway still admitted guests. The segway tour dealt with that by mostly sticking to the other side of WS. When the tour crossed the areas that were open to guests, CMs would control traffic so that the tour didn't get closs to pedestrian traffic.

DH and I just did the Segway tour in Epcot last Saturday, Feb. 9. We had an absolute ball. I have no idea why they are now cancelling - they gave no indication that it was about to be discontinued.

About getting around areas with pedestrians (the bakery), I don't think that is it. Norway is already open to the public in the mornings because of the princess breakfast. Plus, you have to go in and out of FW to get to the WS, so you're already having to dodge people.

That's so odd that they have cancelled it. I hope we get more info on what's going on soon!

I'm really quite sad about this :sad2: we were really looking forward to booking this for our May trip

The one at Fort Wilderness is just as good. We loved it and have done both.

Denise

So curious as to the status of the Segway Tours in EPCOT........???

We did one last year and it was the highlight of our trip. Was hoping to do another one in September.

For those who have done both the EPCOT and Fort Wilderness tours, which do you prefer and why?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

LJD2143 said:
So curious as to the status of the Segway Tours in EPCOT........???

We did one last year and it was the highlight of our trip. Was hoping to do another one in September.

For those who have done both the EPCOT and Fort Wilderness tours, which do you prefer and why?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Is hard to decide. It was cool to visit WS before rope drop, but the FW tour was a more fun ride. Also, the FW tour can be done on a non-park day.

Strange! We were there last Thursday and did see a woman crash her Segway into a curb and took a pretty bad fall. I wonder how often people get hurt?

If I remember correctly, there are papers to sign before you take the tour and I'm guessing there's a hold harmless thing in there.

We did the WS tour years ago and DH crashed his Segway. The CMs were more worried about him being hurt (he wasn't - which is why I can laugh about him falling off the thing now) but I was worried about the damage to the Segway.

I wonder if they are just updating the Segways and just haven't gotten all the new machines yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter