EPCOT Moonlight Magic

Can anyone tell me where the vacation planning area is at the Epcot entrance that is open for early registration from 12-5? Is it before admission or after? This will be my first DVC event without a park ticket and I can’t find that info anywhere.

Can anyone who was there on the 13th give me an idea of how the lines were for FEA or Soarin? I’m trying to get an idea of how long I should plan for each. Thanks!!

Can anyone who was there on the 13th give me an idea of how the lines were for FEA or Soarin? I’m trying to get an idea of how long I should plan for each. Thanks!!

Soarin' at about 10pm or so was posted at 20 minutes, and was actually 20 minutes.
Test Track at about midnight was posted at 30 minutes, but was actually 15 minutes.
Can't answer about FEA though.

Had an absolute blast at this event tonight! Loved the food, loved the ice cream, loved the characters and loved the rides. Best of all I was able to take 3 students who had never been to Epcot and they were blown away. We arrived at 7:30 and were able to ride Living With the land, Soarin, watch Illuminations, eat fish and chips, ride Frozen, meet Mickey and Minnie, meet Pluto, ride mission space and test track. We arrived in just in time to ride spaceship earth but it wasn’t working when we got there. Overall a great night.

Had an absolute blast at this event tonight! Loved the food, loved the ice cream, loved the characters and loved the rides. Best of all I was able to take 3 students who had never been to Epcot and they were blown away. We arrived at 7:30 and were able to ride Living With the land, Soarin, watch Illuminations, eat fish and chips, ride Frozen, meet Mickey and Minnie, meet Pluto, ride mission space and test track. We arrived in just in time to ride spaceship earth but it wasn’t working when we got there. Overall a great night.

We too had a great time last night ! :earsboy:

Our group had a great time last night. I got there at 2 and did 6 rides then, so I concentrated on meet and greets, since I don’t plan on renewing my AP after it expires June 22 and won’t have photopass. The fireworks were spectacular. As an added bonus, we ate fish and chips about the time of Illuminations and watched while seated in the courtyard area of Rose and Crown. We finished the night at the dance party.

We had a great time. We entered on International Gateway as we were staying at the Boardwalk Villas. They gave us our bands there at 4:30PM.
We met some guests of ours at the main entrance around 6:30ish. We hit Mexico and the America Pavilion (both rides) and walked the whole country loop. Once 9:30PM hit, we went to Soarin and then Nemo. The line for Soarin was around 20 min. Nemo was walk on. Test Track was around 15 minutes. The lines for characters were around 30-40 minutes long, so we passed on them. We stopped by the shop to get the DVC event shirt. At first the line was ridiculously long. After a while 11:00PM... it drooped down to 5 or so people, so I bought one. We did get ice cream and used our vouchers at Kringla around midnight. We took sandwhiches to go and rode Frozen.

If your going, keep in mind that their is a lot to do and it is spread out. For example. To go from Nemo to Norway, is a decent walk, especially if you stop for food, the dance party or especially a character pic along the way. Pick and choose what you really want to get out of the evening. If you took 3 or 4 character pics, that and grabbing food could take you the 3 hours of the event. The fireworks were great. I took a pic of the program and will try and upload it here. Perhaps if there were less people, the character lines would have been shorter so you could get to do more?

We had a great time. We entered on International Gateway as we were staying at the Boardwalk Villas. They gave us our bands there at 4:30PM.
We met some guests of ours at the main entrance around 6:30ish. We hit Mexico and the America Pavilion (both rides) and walked the whole country loop. Once 9:30PM hit, we went to Soarin and then Nemo. The line for Soarin was around 20 min. Nemo was walk on. Test Track was around 15 minutes. The lines for characters were around 30-40 minutes long, so we passed on them. We stopped by the shop to get the DVC event shirt. At first the line was ridiculously long. After a while 11:00PM... it drooped down to 5 or so people, so I bought one. We did get ice cream and used our vouchers at Kringla around midnight. We took sandwhiches to go and rode Frozen.

If your going, keep in mind that their is a lot to do and it is spread out. For example. To go from Nemo to Norway, is a decent walk, especially if you stop for food, the dance party or especially a character pic along the way. Pick and choose what you really want to get out of the evening. If you took 3 or 4 character pics, that and grabbing food could take you the 3 hours of the event. The fireworks were great. I took a pic of the program and will try and upload it here. Perhaps if there were less people, the character lines would have been shorter so you could get to do more?

Perhaps if there were more characters it would be less standing around waiting :)
We had two small people with normal 8pm bedtimes so we did not stick around for long as they were asleep in the stroller, but we decided it would be fantastic when they were a bit older. I am pretty sure if it were a 6am event one of my kids would have bounded out of bed for that low of a Soarin wait, and the other for the endless Mickey Bars.

This was the first time we have been at WDW during a DVC Moonlight Madness. It was Awesome!
Free food vouchers for select dining, free ice cream bars.
We arrived in time to walk around, get something to eat and then watch Illuminations for the last time before it is replaced.
After, went to Frozen. Everyone had the same idea, as the line was about 20 minutes.
Got our pictures with several characters, M&M, Thumper and some topiaries. the characters seemed to be much more interactive during this event than during the day.
Then we did Soarin', LWTL, Spaceship Earth, each with an under 5 minute wait.
Loved the 11:45 fireworks show.
Ended with a 5 minute wait for TT.

It was done extremely well. I don't know how many people were there, but it never seemed crowded.
If we are lucky enough to be there when this happens again, would definitely go.

We had a great time overall, the only comment I had was we ate at Sunshine Seasons (our daughter if vegetarian and thought this was her best option). It seemed that the menu was very reduced for the event. Just a few of the areas open and only about 3 choices at each

We ate at Sunshine Seasons as well and were very surprised how god the salmon was. We expected it to be dry, but it had great flavor and was not dry.
We ate there late, and there were only about 3 places open, but we were happy with the choices.
We had planned to eat at Yorkshire as we have never tried it. However, the line was incredibly long whenever we went by.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!