EPCOT Moonlight Magic

I was #348 right at 9am and got 2 tickets for the 20th. At 9:06 the alert came up that it had limited availability. I think it was about 9:15 when I got my tickets. I'm super excited because we don't have Disney park tickets this trip so we'll still be able to see flower and garden!

Signed up with the non-reservation folks this week, and was very happy at how smoothly it went. Hollywood Studios didn't work out for us, but I'm excited to be able to do an event at Epcot - looking forward to seeing the meal voucher options. Hoping a lot of the World Showcase counter service places will be included, but I guess we'll see!

Hoping a lot of the World Showcase counter service places will be included, but I guess we'll see!
Based on the prior Epcot MM events, most of the World Showcase will likely be closed during the event.

There were 3 World Showcase QS locations where the meal vouchers could be used last year. The Bakeri (Norway), Liberty Inn (American Adventure), and the Yorkshire County Fish Shop (UK). Meal vouchers could be used at these three locations between 6 pm and 9 pm.

After 9 pm, only Sunshine Seasons (The Land) and the Electric Umbrella were open.

The only WS attractions open were Frozen Ever After (Norway) and Gran Fiesta Tour (Mexico).

Based on the prior Epcot MM events, most of the World Showcase will likely be closed during the event.

There were 3 World Showcase QS locations where the meal vouchers could be used last year. The Bakeri (Norway), Liberty Inn (American Adventure), and the Yorkshire County Fish Shop (UK). Meal vouchers could be used at these three locations between 6 pm and 9 pm.

After 9 pm, only Sunshine Seasons (The Land) and the Electric Umbrella were open.

The only WS attractions open were Frozen Ever After (Norway) and Gran Fiesta Tour (Mexico).

Good to know - I had been hoping that since the vouchers are usable until basically park close they would be a little more varied, but I'm not going to complain about getting dinner on Disney :)

I’m attending on May 20th and am hoping that members that attend on May 13th Post their experiences that night, particularly the Character meet and greets. I went to the Magic Kingdom MM and don’t expect as many meet and greets at Epcot as at Magic Kingdom but I’d be interested in how the first party went.

I’m attending on May 20th and am hoping that members that attend on May 13th Post their experiences that night, particularly the Character meet and greets. I went to the Magic Kingdom MM and don’t expect as many meet and greets at Epcot as at Magic Kingdom but I’d be interested in how the first party went.

Agreed. I'm also very curious as to the fireworks aspect. We have small kids so I would like to know just how late they are.

It probably won't allow you to enter the reservation code into the MDE system directly, BUT...you can add it as a "Note" under the "Add More Plans" tab. That way it does show up in your plans (and whoever you choose to share it with). You can put whatever you want in the description section (including the registration code).

Thanks for the help, i didn't even know i could add notes! lol

I’m hoping to see some reports of the May 13th MM Epcot DVC event, particularly character meet and greets. I’m going on the 20th and would be very appreciative of any details about how the party went on The 13th.

I’m going on the 13th so I’ll report how it goes.

Thank you, We are going on the 20:wave:and this will be our first event as members as well as first visit. I am fighting a case of addonitis, hoping to shake it before we get there next week. :rotfl:

We were there tonight.
Meet & Greets were: Mickey & Minnie, Hyacinth Hippo & Madame Upanova, Thumper & Miss Bunny, Programs from Tron, Chip ‘n Dale, Pluto, Daisy, Mulan & Mushu, Goofy, and Donald

Meal vouchers were good at: Electric Umbrella, Sunshine Seasons, Yorkshire County Fish Shop, Kringla, and Liberty Inn (only until 9 for Liberty Inn, 12:30 AM for all others).

Did you wait for characters? Curious how the lines were for the rare characters. Don't even know what the Tron thing is though. lol

We waited about 30 min for Thumper and Miss Bunny right at the start of the event, they were a few minutes late hopping out, and took one break before our turn. Lines for Daisy (in her Norwegian dress), Pluto in a sombrero, Donald in his red plaid lumberjack outfit, and Goofy looking quite regal in a kilt were about 5 mins. 10 for the hilarious dancing hippo and ostrich, they were great!

Lines for Mickey/Minnie and Chip/Dale looked to be at least 30 min, and we didn’t make by Mushu (but heard it was pretty long).

The fireworks were awesome (but smoky), the finale made the Christmas holiday tag look sad by comparison and that’s saying something!

It was a great event! Free food, all the ice cream you wanted, and the characters were fun in their unique outfits. We missed the Coco show, but heard it was good, too. So glad we were able to attend!

We didn't wait in any of the character lines but for the first two hours we were there we didn't see more than 15 - 20 people standing in line at any of them. We didn't wait ourselves so can't speak to length in line. We did however do a photo pass option with this really neat light wand where a cast member walked behind you while you remained motionless. We walked right up to UK kiosk for fish and chips with no wait and were able to grab a table around 10:30. All in all a great night.

IMG_1589.jpg

Thanks! I think the ostrich and hippo are who I'm most interested in meeting if we meet anyone.

If you're into characters then also know that there will be some out who aren't on the program. From what I've seen there was also Stitch, Angel, Jumba, & Pleakly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter