Epcot Italian?

MedicGoofy

DIS Veteran
I need some help with another ADR for Epcot. I am leaning toward Italian. I am thinking between Chefs de France or Tutto Italia. What would you pick? And why?

Thanks for your help!!!

I would absolutely cross Chefs off your list. Had an absolutely horrible meal there a year ago and will probably NEVER go back. I don't think it was an "off night" situation, either. Ingredients just didn't taste very fresh, IMO. We had a great meal at Tutto and a decent one at Via Napoli, although I attribute that one to it being the last night of our trip and being a little bit "done" with restaurant food at that point.

I love all Italian food and we were disappointed with Tutto the last time we went. It was disappointing enough that we won't be returning. We did try Via Napoli a few weeks ago and we loved it!!!! The pizza was awesome. It is a must do on our list now.

Since you say your leaning towards Italian I would try Tutto Italia or Via Napoli.

I have ADRs at all three for my October trip Via Napoli for the pizza and Tutto Italia for a more traditional Italian meal and Les Chefs de France to see Remy

We have had lunch at Chefs, both dinner and lunch at Tutto several times and dinner at Via Napoli.
My order:
1. Tutto - have never had a bad meal here. We really enjoy it. Will definately go back.
2. Via Napoli - DH loved his pizza, kiddo loved their salads, pasta & pizza, I enjoyed the eggplant but thought the pasta was odd. Service was terrible (but we were there when it first opened so understandable). Will probably go back.
3. Chefs - Food was "meh" to ick. The only highlight was getting to meet Remy..but since he was at our table for about a minute and a half..we have no plans to return.

I'm Italian from NY, so I know great Italian food. Tutto is OK, not bad but nothing great. I find it overpriced for what you get. Via Napoli is fantastic -- it's very authentic with its food, which I think leads some people not to like it (example: "undercooked pizza" -- that's how it's supposed to be!).

There is also Il Mulino at the Swan or Dolphin (I can't remember). I haven't been there yet, but it's signature so I assume it's pretty decent. It's also in the Epcot area.

I have to agree - try Via Napoli. Even if you don't want pizza, they do have some pasta dishes.

DH and I went shortly after opening - and had excellent service. I'm sure they had a few kinks once opened but looked to have gotten through those.

Tutto was ok - last time we were there though they didn't have some of the food we ordered and the restaurant was full of little fruit flies or something. I spent most of my dinner swatting at them. And service was terrible - we had dishes stacked on the table until almost dessert.

As for Chefs - YUCK. Food was bland, chicken was over cooked. The creme brulee I had at flying fish was better. I suppose if I was just going for the french onion soup or cheese platter - ok. But unless it changes ownership, we'll never go there again.

Chefs de France, not a snowballs chance in you know where of me going here again. My meal was not good at all. Other places were very accommodating of my allergy and actually made me something that tastes good. They messed up on my bill. Overall not a good experience.

Tutto was good and was able to accomodate my food allergies easily. I would go back there.

Via Napoli I'll never get to eat in because they cannot accommodate my allergies so I'm no help there.

We have never had a good DINNER at Chefs but have found lunch to be quite good, not sure why but the food has seemed to be of a completely different quality at lunch and dinner. So I would not eat Dinner there ever again but we do enjoy lunch.

We have enjoyed both Via Napoli and Tutto, my kids really enjoyed the pizza at Via as they hate the other frozen type park pizza.

If you're not on the dining plan, give some consideration to Il Mulino in the Swan. I'm not a big fan of either of the Epcot Italian options. They are considerably overpriced for the quality of food and menu selections. If you have good Italian restaurant in your neighborhood, I'd wager that it is better than anything you'll find at Tutto Italia or Via Napoli, especially the former.

Anyway, Il Mulino is only about a five to ten minute walk from the World Showcase entrance, and you can take a ferry boat right to the front door, if walking isn't your cup o' tea at the time. By most accounts, it offers the best Italian food in or around any of the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter