EPCOT - Having it both ways.

Figmentary

Earning My Ears
Seems like it would be pretty easy to marry the earlier vision of EPCOT with newer intellectual property. Why not just convert Innovations West into the San Fransokyo Institute of Technology Science Fair and Innovations East into the Stark Expo? Have characters and exhibits from the movies mixed with rotating exhibits of real world tech in development.

Also, for World Showcase - why not use the same line technology Volcano Bay is to advance the vision of WS? Put an IP ride in each country, but let people explore the country while they wait to ride. Best of both worlds.

Stark/Iron Man can't be used at WDW.

Got it. I don't know all the ends and outs of the Marvel deal and WDW. Why can Guardians be used but not Iron Man. Either way, San Fransokyo would be a cool medium to spotlight new technologies through.

Are there any rumors about using the TB line skipping technology in World Showcase? Seems like a great way to encourage people to explore the countries and not just wait in line for IP attractions.

Why can Guardians be used but not Iron Man
Guardians isn't under the Avengers/Spider-Man/X-Men umbrella. Things like Guardians and Doctor Strange can be used in WDW.

No rumors about line tech in World Showcase and I don't understand why there would be. Disney has magicbands and Fastpass.

Guardians isn't under the Avengers/Spider-Man/X-Men umbrella. Things like Guardians and Doctor Strange can be used in WDW.

No rumors about line tech in World Showcase and I don't understand why there would be. Disney has magicbands and Fastpass.

Guess I just mean integrating that technology into the app/magic bands so that everyone waiting to ride Frozen Ever After is touring the pavilion instead of waiting in line.

Guess I just mean integrating that technology into the app/magic bands so that everyone waiting to ride Frozen Ever After is touring the pavilion instead of waiting in line.

Honestly I think that would be a nightmare. Norway isn't that big. You have the store that is 4 rooms, 2 of which are tiny. A frozen only store where the ride dumps out. You have the small museum that 95% of people ignore, which is also tiny. The Elsa/Anna meet and greet, Akershus, and Kringla Bakerie og Kafe (which is also tiny). I'm not really sure what they should be exploring unless they went to another country.

I agree. I think they should incorporate the magic bands and the newer line technology especially in WS where is has the biggest capacity for crowds. You wouldn't necessarily have to stay in Norway but could meander down to the R&C.

I strongly dislike having to schedule 3 FP+ so far in advance for every single day of the vacation. Plus, the hurry up and wait. If you watch the FP+ entrance especially at TSMM and Splash people aren't waiting in line but they are still standing and waiting outside the FP+ entrance. Unfortunately, they are often standing in front of the FP+ entrance blocking it.

It would be nice to touch your MB outside TT or FEA and get a return time day of.

I read an article somewhere that talked about how the internet really ruined the concept of FutureWorld. In 1982, we didn't all have supercomputers in our pockets. Going to Epcot to see and touch the latest tech was exciting. Today, people are far more jaded (not quite the right word but it's early) about that stuff. Tech changes so rapidly and has gotten so cheap and accessible that it's hard to present it in an entertaining way that would actually draw people in. Plus, you'd still have the problem FutureWorld always had in that keeping it up to date is nearly impossible. Exhibits would need to be changed out every year or so since tech advances at such a rapid pace.

It is interesting I just read an article about how not well the Volcano Bay line wait technology was going, as you could only be line for one thing at a time and the wait was still hours and leading to people being able to do nothing but ride the lazy rivers while they waited, guests felt it was a waste of time and most were leaving frustrated. With only rides in Mexico, Norway, and soon France I feel like the WS would run into similar issues of not enough supply for the demand, unless they completely retooled all of WS to put E-ticket attractions in each country.

I love the idea of doing San Fransokyo Institute of Technology Science Fair

Last edited:
It is interesting I just read an article about how not well the Volcano Bay line wait technology was going, as you could only be line for one thing at a time and the wait was still hours and leading to people being able to do nothing but ride the lazy rivers while they waited, guests felt it was a waste of time and most were leaving frustrated. With only rides in Mexico, Norway, and soon Franco I feel like the WS would run into similar issues of not enough supply for the demand, unless they completely retooled all of WS to put E-ticket attractions in each country.

I love the idea of doing San Fransokyo Institute of Technology Science Fair

Sounds like Pandora. Nothing to do but wait in line for two attractions.

I think smaller dark rides in each country would be better. It need more total capacity. More doing things and less waiting for headliners no matter how interesting the que.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!