Enter World Showcase early?

vwlfan

DIS Veteran
We are at Beach Club now. Enjoying it very much despite the sweltering heat. Just have to go at half speed! Wondering if we are permitted to enter WS, before it’s usual 1100 opening if we want to go to France for their croissants for breakfast? Think I read that someplace.

SorcererHeidi

Sorcerer please cast forever love spell for me
We are at Beach Club now. Enjoying it very much despite the sweltering heat. Just have to go at half speed! Wondering if we are permitted to enter WS, before it’s usual 1100 opening if we want to go to France for their croissants for breakfast? Think I read that someplace.
@vwlfan - I see Phil already answered your question, so I'll just say "Have a magical trip!"

From Lawn Guyland, hih? Representing the Northeast - yaaaasssssss!!!! (NE NJ here, used to summer at my step grand dad's place in WestHampton Beach).

Last edited:
  • ELLH

Mouseketeer
    Just out of curiosity then...

Is the rest of WS blocked off? Is it only France you can visit? Surely you don't have free reign over the rest of the pavillions before WS opens, or do you, if you come through the international gateway? Or am I reading too much in to this thread?

SorcererHeidi

Sorcerer please cast forever love spell for me
    Just out of curiosity then...

Is the rest of WS blocked off? Is it only France you can visit? Surely you don't have free reign over the rest of the pavillions before WS opens, or do you, if you come through the international gateway? Or am I reading too much in to this thread?
    @ELLH Not reading too much into it, great question. The last time I was there, 7 years ago, you could walk all around WS before 11 (when the rest of WS opened), but nothing in any of the other pavilions is open (except Les Halles, and Akershus, for breakfasts), so you can just walk around and look, but that's it. I assume it's still the same way.

I know a LONG time ago, NOTHING was open in WS before 11, so there was no confusion. And back then, yes - you could wander around FW, but the entrances to WS were roped off until 11.

Last edited:
  • Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
    Of course, I could say "Absolutely not!", but in reality that's only because I don't want the word getting out and the lines getting any longer at the French Bakery. But in reality, one of my favorite things to do when staying at BCV is going to the French Bakery for breakfast. Just one warning-they don't serve juice (apple, orange, etc.) so I bring a bottle of juice from BCV and get a cup of ice.

vwlfan

DIS Veteran
    When we were there it was roped off. I’ve always thought that it should open earlier although the thinking I think is that the future World visitors will eventually land in WS. Not sure if that’s true. What is true is that the opportunity to enter France for their pastries etc. is a nice little feature.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News

du-sidebar-show-notes

ORLANDO SHOW

DISNEYLAND SHOW

UNIVERSAL SHOW

CONNECTING WITH WALT

DREAMS SHOW