Enter World Showcase early?

vwlfan

DIS Veteran
We are at Beach Club now. Enjoying it very much despite the sweltering heat. Just have to go at half speed! Wondering if we are permitted to enter WS, before it’s usual 1100 opening if we want to go to France for their croissants for breakfast? Think I read that someplace.

We are at Beach Club now. Enjoying it very much despite the sweltering heat. Just have to go at half speed! Wondering if we are permitted to enter WS, before it’s usual 1100 opening if we want to go to France for their croissants for breakfast? Think I read that someplace.
@vwlfan - I see Phil already answered your question, so I'll just say "Have a magical trip!"

From Lawn Guyland, hih? Representing the Northeast - yaaaasssssss!!!! (NE NJ here, used to summer at my step grand dad's place in WestHampton Beach).

Last edited:

Lawn Guyland for sure. We did go for 9 AM at France. Enjoyed it very much.
@vwlfan Did you have breakfast at Les Halles? I've never done that,. in all my trips, but I hear they have some super yummy breakfast choices!

Just out of curiosity then...

Is the rest of WS blocked off? Is it only France you can visit? Surely you don't have free reign over the rest of the pavillions before WS opens, or do you, if you come through the international gateway? Or am I reading too much in to this thread?

Just out of curiosity then...

Is the rest of WS blocked off? Is it only France you can visit? Surely you don't have free reign over the rest of the pavillions before WS opens, or do you, if you come through the international gateway? Or am I reading too much in to this thread?
@ELLH Not reading too much into it, great question. The last time I was there, 7 years ago, you could walk all around WS before 11 (when the rest of WS opened), but nothing in any of the other pavilions is open (except Les Halles, and Akershus, for breakfasts), so you can just walk around and look, but that's it. I assume it's still the same way.

I know a LONG time ago, NOTHING was open in WS before 11, so there was no confusion. And back then, yes - you could wander around FW, but the entrances to WS were roped off until 11.

Last edited:

Of course, I could say "Absolutely not!", but in reality that's only because I don't want the word getting out and the lines getting any longer at the French Bakery. But in reality, one of my favorite things to do when staying at BCV is going to the French Bakery for breakfast. Just one warning-they don't serve juice (apple, orange, etc.) so I bring a bottle of juice from BCV and get a cup of ice.

When we were there it was roped off. I’ve always thought that it should open earlier although the thinking I think is that the future World visitors will eventually land in WS. Not sure if that’s true. What is true is that the opportunity to enter France for their pastries etc. is a nice little feature.

Not to completely change the subject of the OP, but I heard the Frozen Ever After opens at 9AM along with Kringla and the Anna & Elsa meet and greet. Does any one know if this holds true? I was hoping to rope drop Frozen as my tier 1 is for Test Track and assumed everyone would go for either that or Soarin' thinking they couldn't do Frozen. Also, my 2 year old is completely obsessed with Frozen so I was hoping that would be how we could start the day. (Not to mention would love a picture of her with them before her hair is a sweaty mess) Was also hoping to have Sven's Cheesecake from Kringla for my breakfast that day! :earboy2:

Yes, the bakery in France, Akershus breakfast, and Frozen Ever After all open at the time FW opens.

Not to completely change the subject of the OP, but I heard the Frozen Ever After opens at 9AM along with Kringla and the Anna & Elsa meet and greet. Does any one know if this holds true? I was hoping to rope drop Frozen as my tier 1 is for Test Track and assumed everyone would go for either that or Soarin' thinking they couldn't do Frozen. Also, my 2 year old is completely obsessed with Frozen so I was hoping that would be how we could start the day. (Not to mention would love a picture of her with them before her hair is a sweaty mess) Was also hoping to have Sven's Cheesecake from Kringla for my breakfast that day! :earboy2:

That is true! Frozen Ever After, Kringla, and the meet and greet all open at the same time as Future World (8 or 9 am usually).

Same with Akershus and Les Halles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter