ENDLESS SUMMER RESORT.

Dockside. I responded to you on other thread but for others.

One day 6:30, next day 6:15 and bus there and very fast trip. There were lots of buses lined up waiting as well.

Also like Disney they are assigning sections pre boarding.

It’s going home day and the girls are working on their laptops but dd flight later. Says she will let me know about bus to City Walk later.
Thank you trishadono!

Do you still have to wear masks on the buses to the parks right now? I know that they’ve gotten rid of the mask rules in the parks but not sure about buses. Leaving on Thursday this week.

Does anyone know how late the ticket desk stays open at Dockside? Our trip is coming up and we won’t arrive at the hotel until about 6pm or so. Hoping to pick up our annual passes at the hotel then head to the parks.

surfside is a smaller of the two (less people)
Not sure how many people it will impact but we stayed at the Surfside and noticed that shuttle seemed to stop there first. That meant that the bus could, and in our case did, fill up with Surfside people prior to going across the street to the Dockside where some might have to wait for another bus. There was a bus right behind ours so I don't think it made much difference and I suspect if this became problematic they would adjust their routes but it was a small thing I noticed. I probably should have quoted @mkb3...

Not sure how many people it will impact but we stayed at the Surfside and noticed that shuttle seemed to stop there first. That meant that the bus could, and in our case did, fill up with Surfside people prior to going across the street to the Dockside where some might have to wait for another bus. There was a bus right behind ours so I don't think it made much difference and I suspect if this became problematic they would adjust their routes but it was a small thing I noticed. I probably should have quoted @mkb3...
Good to know. We saw the same thing between Cabana and Aventura. The busses stopped at Cabana first and we saw several busses in a row never make it over to Aventura (where we were staying) - I can only assume that they got filled up with CB folks. It seemed a little unfair to fill up at CB first.

Staying at Sapphire Falls right now but did a bit of exploring Endless Summer Surfside for future trips. You can walk through the parking garage to International Drive exit to access the street easily.
Within 5 minutes you can be at Walgreens which sells beer. There is a small liquor store that also sells beer and pop. The restaurants I saw where Subway, KFC and Applebee’s

Having stayed at Surfside most of last week, I can +1 to all the reports about weak soundproofing. And it was a fairly ordinary level of sound that came in, not just people shouting. I don't know much about what modern soundproofing involves, but it's pretty obvious they didn't do it. Still, it did seem to stop before I went to sleep so in all candor it didn't affect me all that much.

The other thing I didn't like was that, so far as I could tell, my preferred streaming service was not offered on the hotel TV. A while back, I stayed at the Springhill Suites Flamingo Crossings (*very* nice, by the way) and Netflix was available so I could follow my usual practice of watching Supergirl beat people up the night before I headed out to the parks. I did find some apps after fiddling around with the remote but Netflix wasn't in there. That struck me as rather old fashioned, but eh.

The mini-fridge worked pretty well. Filled it up with soda and bottled water and it stayed cold the entire trip.

How is the wifi at the 2 resorts?? Considering a quick couple of days for spring break ,and have never stayed here. Mainly looking at it for space/separate areas. Son will hope to do some gaming in the afternoon/evenings, and need good wifi. Thanks in advance.
PS, any other opinions on other resort wifi? We didn't think Aventura was all that great for connectivity, but how is CB or SF? or maybe we just had bad area for signal at Aventura. thanks

What is the in room coffee situation? Also any reviews on how the coffee in the food court is? Going during a cheer comp so assuming Starbucks line will be ridiculous in the morning.

The coffee in the room was alright. I bring my own flavored powdered creamer when I travel It's more a round flat packet , not like a Keurig pod where you could bring your own. brand. The cups seemed rather small.

Just a quick review of recent stay in July 2022. July 7 - 10, 2022. We stayed at Surfside for the first time. It was our first time at Universal.
I was happy I picked Surfside over Dockside due to the size of the resort. Surfside has two towers and one pool whereas Dockside has four towers and two pools. So, there were less people in the lobby, etc.
I walked right up to check in with no line and the same when I checked out around 10:30 am.
The shuttle busses picked up at Surfside first and then went to Dockside. Occassionally, the busses dropped people off at Dockside first and then Surfside at the end of the night at the close of the parks.
We did not have to wait longer than maybe five minutes one time to get a bus in the moring.

Just a quick review of recent stay in July 2022. July 7 - 10, 2022. We stayed at Surfside for the first time. It was our first time at Universal.
I was happy I picked Surfside over Dockside due to the size of the resort. Surfside has two towers and one pool whereas Dockside has four towers and two pools. So, there were less people in the lobby, etc.
I walked right up to check in with no line and the same when I checked out around 10:30 am.
The shuttle busses picked up at Surfside first and then went to Dockside. Occassionally, the busses dropped people off at Dockside first and then Surfside at the end of the night at the close of the parks.
We did not have to wait longer than maybe five minutes one time to get a bus in the moring.

Thank you for taking the time to report back.

Glad to hear it was such a good trip and you enjoyed the hotel, and the buses seem to be a hit with everyone who uses them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter