• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

End of the year information

Nan

Mouseketeer
I guess this question would be for Earl or somebody on the inside. I am trying to plan a trip for my daughter's 18th birthday on 1/1/03. Does anybody have an idea of what the status of the new attractions will be at the end of the year? Will Hitchcock and Hanna be closed by then? I know that there is no way to predict exactly, but what is the working time frame with the new attractions? If you can tell us. Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks,

Nan

There won't be anything new by then. At USF, (unless something changes) both Hanna and Kong will be closed. Hitchcock will be open until sometime a little later after the first.

At IOA, Dragons will have re-opened and everything else should be operating.

Have Fun!

Yes, let us know of the day of Kong's closing when you can... I'd like to ride on the last car of Kong's operation.

Of course this is subject to change. but as it stands now:

Hanna will shut down and be closed on October 20th, coming back to life as Neutron in early April.

Kong does it final run the first week of November. It's a done deal, say goodbye to the big monkey. Look for a ad campaign after summer to promote that one last ride.

Be sure to tell us when you find out the exact day of Kong's closure... thanks.

Barry, that's exactly what I thought! I'm kinda disappointed now; the Hanna Barbera theatre is not really very exciting. Hope I'm pleasantly surprised when it's all said and done.

Barry,

You're right. Hanna will be Neutron. My fingers and brain were out of sync, but I do like the edit feature.....

It would be nice if USF/IOA "announced" the ride that is replacing Kong for next year.
Sure, they announced Shrek, and Jimmy Rocket, but those are simulators. The Hanna Barbera building is using the same seats, it's only a different movie. Shrek, T2 on Steroids. Extreme fans are waiting for the next coaster announcment.

Parks up north "announce" their big ride for next year.

What is replacing Kong?

That's the blockbuster announcement that will bring fans next year.

Or that JP flyer at IOA.

C'mon, the fans want a coaster. Give it to us.

Now Robvia, I have to correct you on the Neutron/Hanna thing. I'll have you know that you will be sitting on brand new fiberglass.

As for announcements, the business is different at U.O. compared to the parks up north. It's year round versus seasonal, and that has a huge impact in planning. Beyond that, the Kong issues are just now getting the official go ahead. There hasn't been an official press release on Kong's closure yet. As far as the company is concerned, nobody has said a thing. It just happens to be here early. There will be a whole marketing strategy on the closure and drawing folks in for the last ride. They will work out all of those details before they say anythng.

I'm not totally sure, but I think the Kong replacement is not a 2003 event, but 2004. Be patient, it will come in time. :)

P.S. no flyer thing at JP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter