End of the Disneyland Show??

I'm sad that the show is gone and it doesn't look like The Dis will be continuing with Disneyland coverage. Does anyone know of any shows that would be a good replacement? I'm looking for something that gives updates in the parks and their opinions about the changes.
Dateline Mousetalgia (news) and Mousetalgia (discussion) are my favorite DL podcasts. My favorite DL YouTubers are FreshBaked! (DL topics and discussion) and Magic Journeys (food and merchandise).

After hearing Pete’s explanation on the Tuesday show the other day; it does all make sense. The channel itself with how many people it has working on it - probably isn’t overly profitable. But as a advertising stream to the larger travel agency; it would be.
I can see how DL would be less profitable to Dreams than WDW, so it does make sense.

Do I think DL content is forever gone for the Disunplugged? Well no. The show is gone. But they spent 30 minutes talking about Meghan Markle voiceovers and the Oscar nominations on the Tuesday show this week - so I still think should anything newsworthy occur in DL- it will probably be discussed on Tuesday’s. We’ve had an upload from Tom today on DL’s ROTR, so we’re obviously keeping Tom in some capacity (thank goodness) and will get the odd newsworthy content. I’m sure if something big happens (Avengers Campus maybe) we’ll get content even from the East Coast team. But the weekly DL show itself was getting a little dull (even though I love Craig, Ryno, Morgan & Tom) so I can see why it made sense to go.

Do I think DL content is forever gone for the Disunplugged?

I would like to see the Tuesday show include more items about Disneyland now. Maybe just adding things into Rapid Fire. If that doesn't happen then I do not foresee any real Disneyland news ever making it back on any of the Disunplugged video or podcast segments. Yes, Tom and others may write articles for the DIS. But I fear that this is all we will get.

I would like to see the Tuesday show include more items about Disneyland now. Maybe just adding things into Rapid Fire. If that doesn't happen then I do not foresee any real Disneyland news ever making it back on any of the Disunplugged video or podcast segments. Yes, Tom and others may write articles for the DIS. But I fear that this is all we will get.
Yeah as someone who is planning their first Disneyland experience this year it is a bit disappointing to see less Disneyland content.

Yeah I saw this video, but I was only halfway paying attention due to other things going on...did they say...or does anyone think this means that they will have Tom Bell join the WDW show from time to time for DL updates?

Nothing has been stated about Tom coming to the Tuesday show to give periodic DL updates. This past Tuesday, Craig did a rapid fire for DL though.

I’m still guessing once contracts run out, Disneyland coverage will completely disappear from The Dis and Dis Unplugged YouTube channels. The hush hush nature about all of this makes me think that it’s all going away in the future.

I don't think the Disneyland coverage will totally disappear. It will just be less than what it has been. Tom still goes to the parks for various media events. I think that the Florida team will still go out to Disneyland and produce content. It just won't be as frequent.

It's challenging.....to me the old Disneyland show wasn't quite working - and the newer version was better, but didn't have a unique enough voice/feel from the DisneyWorld show.

That being said, it does seem funny to have a weekly show about Disney Cruises and nothing about all that happens in Disneyland.

Well either way...I used to live in CA and now I live in FL, so when Pete hires me *wink wink* I can be the resident Disneyland guy on the WDW show.

I’m still guessing once contracts run out, Disneyland coverage will completely disappear from The Dis and Dis Unplugged YouTube channels. The hush hush nature about all of this makes me think that it’s all going away in the future.
I seriously doubt that. Disneyland is a big part of the DIS and Dreams Unlimited universe.

I seriously doubt that. Disneyland is a big part of the DIS and Dreams Unlimited universe.

I hope you’re right. It just feels like something is off with the way that the future plans in covering Disneyland haven’t really been addressed. Makes me feel like they are going in a different direction.

I've been thinking, when Disneyland opens back up there will probably be a lot more interest in traveling there than ever before... maybe it's time for a Disneyland one off or two off YouTube/Podcast special with the old gang?

I've been thinking, when Disneyland opens back up there will probably be a lot more interest in traveling there than ever before... maybe it's time for a Disneyland one off or two off YouTube/Podcast special with the old gang?
Agree. I suspect once there is a concrete plan for re-opening DL/DCA that the team will go all out on covering and promoting it.

I really wish there was more consolidated DL info across all platforms. I hope some structured and consistent delivery is introduced to cover everything that is going on on the west coast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!