Enchanted Tiki Room

mrjef

Mouseketeer
Does anyone else miss the Zazu and Iago version? My family and I saw the new show last November and hated it. I think that we have put in on the do not need to see list for our trip in September.

Does anyone else miss the Zazu and Iago version? My family and I saw the new show last November and hated it. I think that we have put in on the do not need to see list for our trip in September.

So...you mean you miss the Under New Management show with zazu and iago? By no means am I making fun, but I think you will be in the minority about this subject.

I prefer the old version that I remember from childhood. I can't stand that ridiculous tiki god that came out of the center of the floor.

The wife and I joked about who got to take that thing home with them...:rotfl2:

CREEEEEEEPY

I actually liked the Zazu and Iago verison too. I never saw the older verison until my last trip and May and found it underwhelming. I didn't hate it just didn't think it was as exciting as the old verison. Perhaps that is b/c I didn't grow up seeing the older verision but grew up seeing the new one.

The under new management version was the only one that my family and I had ever experienced until last November. The new version seemed less exciting and fun than the Zazu and Iago version. I think that I almost fell asleep. I will agree with you that the tiki goddess was a little (okay a lot) cheesy, but over all I want the last version of the show back.

Absolutely DO NOT miss "Under New Management".

A bird from the Middle East and a bird from Africa just did not fit in with birds from the Pacific islands.

And Iago is annoying.

Lion King and Aladdin were big movies when I was a kid in the 80's and 90's so I can say I really enjoyed their version. As a young kid I saw the original tiki room but never really connected to it until it was under new management. As an adult I can experience either one and enjoy it. I'm impartial about the change.

Traditionalist here - really love the (not) new version. I'm so glad they returned it to the pre-Iago version.

Another one who is old enough to remember and love the original version. The Under New Management was like enduring 15 minutes of finernails scratching down a blackboard. The new version is much more pleasant.

Put me in the camp that loves the newest (old) version.

The only part of the Iago vesion I liked was the Chunky tuna tostada line.

I'm so happy to have the original song back. (otherwise they only played a snippet)

I enjoyed the new old version so much more! I thought it was really cute, a nice 15 minutes out of the sun.

I am an 'Under New Management' fan. I've seen them both, and since Zazu and Iago have been evicted, the show is very, very dull.

KC:car:

I miss them, and I miss Uh-oa most of all. (You're messin' with me baby....not the thing to do...)

I still enjoy the current version -- but not as much as Under New Management.

I am an 'Under New Management' fan. I've seen them both, and since Zazu and Iago have been evicted, the show is very, very dull.

KC:car:

Ditto. The New Management version was at least mildly entertaining. The current version is a good place for a nap. Lawrence Welk with birds. And when I was little I used to fake vomit when they turned the tv to Lawrence Welk, if that explains how bad the current version is.

I love the original tiki room show. Reminds of the Rat Pack but birds...

"Where the birds sing words and the flowers croon
In the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room..."

:)

Edit: I'm excited it's back at WDW since we're going in January. It's always a favorite of ours at DLR.

I love the original tiki room show. Reminds of the Rat Pack but birds...

"Where the birds sing words and the flowers croon
In the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room..."

:)

Edit: I'm excited it's back at WDW since we're going in January. It's always a favorite of ours at DLR.

Just wanted to say thanks a bunch for putting the tune into my head.... It's gonna take all day to get it out, now. :rolleyes2

I'm in the minority by far. I don't like either one :confused3 Its actually funny because two of my three kids remember it and don't like it. So it was always on our skip list. However, I just realized a few weeks ago that my poor third child never saw it and I took it off the list. To make my older two happy, we decided that they would go on Splash Mountain while #3 went to the Tiki Birds.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter