Enchanted Tiki Room

I liked Zazu and Iago, but our younger dd was freaked out and scared by the Tiki witch and all the smoke. So for little kids, maybe this current version is better.

Never saw the one with Iago and Zazu and I'm glad. We had no idea it had been changed at WDW and if I'd gone and heard it, I would have been really sad. I'm a traditionalist too.

I had been to WDW when both versions existed but I never saw the show until I went to DLR in 2010. I thought it was great.

Then 5 months later, I saw the UNM with a friend that was traveling with us. I was almost embarrassed that this was the first attraction he experienced at Disney.

I love the original show, not the new management version. Agree Iago is loud and annoying. Plus I grew up watching the original show so it's very nostalgic. Now if they would only bring back the original figment ride :)

I am generally a traditionalist. Would rather have PoTC without Jack Sparrow, the old WedWay narration, etc.

However on this one I have to say, not a big fan of the new/old version. DD loved the Under New Management and we would see it several times each trip. Iago and Zazu as others have said were mildly entertaining. Was excited to see the original version last fall as I did not remember it from my childhood. After seeing it had no desire to see it again. As others have said, it was putting me to sleep.

Will probably see it once next week when we go but can't see us doing it more than that.

Does anyone else miss the Zazu and Iago version? My family and I saw the new show last November and hated it. I think that we have put in on the do not need to see list for our trip in September.

Technically, it's not new. This show is the original version.:)

Anyway, everyone has their own likes and dislikes. When the Z&I version was playing...the DIS was practically dying in anger.:furious: When the (new) original version came back, I think everyone forgot that the Org. wasn't that awesome.:laughing: Think about it...have you seen this thread yet: "I'm So Glad the Original Version of ETR is Back!":rotfl:

Was thrilled to see Iago and Zazu go. That show was The. Worst. It rivaled Dinosaur and Stitch's Great Escape for fastest headache induction. I'm so happy to have the charming original version back, even if it is abbreviated.

I think Iago is I-awful! :lmao:

My DS who is autistic, insists that we go every time, and I have to say "nails on a chalkboard" best describes my feeling when Gilbert Gottfried (sp?) opens up. UGH.

The under new management version was the only one that my family and I had ever experienced until last November. The new version seemed less exciting and fun than the Zazu and Iago version. I think that I almost fell asleep. I will agree with you that the tiki goddess was a little (okay a lot) cheesy, but over all I want the last version of the show back.

I liked the "Under new Management" version too. I had never seen the original version so I had nothing to compare it too. I think what some people might have liked about it was that there were two characters that they knew in the show.

My husband loves birds so he liked the old show, he liked the new show, he liked the new old show.

PS: My kitten walked across the keyboard and I can't get rid of the "6" that's the title. Sigh.

You will get varying opinions on this one, but count me in with the group that couldn't stand Llago screaming the whole time...awful!

I have a Tiki party every year and have the original tiki song and the version sung by Hilary Duff of Disney fame. Her version is really great if you haven't heard it.

I disliked the new management show. I begged the CM at the door to please let me leave about halfway through. I warmed up outside and got to get a drink while my family suffered through the rest.

I also saw the Under new Management one first - I enjoyed it but saw the new one last year and enjoyed it as well. I like both versions. :)

I love the original Tiki Room from when I was 6 and was happy to see it again back in March. The Under New Management version was so annoying IMHO.

fdecker said:
I have a Tiki party every year and have the original tiki song and the version sung by Hilary Duff of Disney fame. Her version is really great if you haven't heard it.

Wayne Brady also did a fun version of Tiki Room on the Disney Block Party CD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter