Eliza61 ?

We went on a Disney cruise a few years ago and we were talking to a couple one night and when they found out we were Canadian they said "Our dinner table mates are Canadian, maybe you know them". We rolled our eyes and laughed but we all got together for a show it turned out we DID know them! They were actually former co-workers of my husbands lol.
I don't believe for a second that a Canadian would roll their eyes at someone. ;)

:blush: Sorry, eh! I didn't mention @Frozen Canuck either but here's hoping you both find your way home soon! :wave2:

Believe me...I'm working on it! Do you think I WANT to be here??? :confused: I'm just not sure if there is a province that would take me back. Maybe I've been assimilated too far the other direction. I mean, when I go home and I can HEAR the accent, I know it's too late to save myself, but perhaps my story could help someone else.

Speaking of people who are missing, I've often wondered what happened to TDC Nala. She was a mod & regular on the restaurant board, then seemed to just disappear. She was always so helpful.

Yes, so true.

Of course we do. And if you go missing, I'll be over in no time. After all, I'm just a measley 3400 km drive away. :p

:goodvibes

It's too bad we can't find warm weather in all those kilometres. It would save me tons of money.

I've wondered about Eliza too. I enjoyed her posts and we took a few conversations to PM after or to avoid the points we knew were coming if we continued participating on a thread, but I wasn't around much for a while and when I came back, she was gone. I hope she's off traveling the world and just doesn't have time for us little people, or that she said something highly gratifying and got a time-out that made her decide not to come back. :stir:

I too hope she's off on some wonderful adventure. :thumbsup2

I just know he's married to a Canadian.

Anyone want to out their personal connection to Art? :rolleyes1:)

Out ourselves?

No need. It's me. And no spellbinding personal connection Sherlock. ;)

If outing means that I think A and dish rag is usually a double Z, okay I'll out myself. :drinking1;) But that seems pretty darn obvious here.

(Thank you dish rag :goodvibes)

Oh yeah, forgot this part :rotfl2: - I am not married to him.

Last edited:
Believe me...I'm working on it! Do you think I WANT to be here??? :confused: I'm just not sure if there is a province that would take me back. Maybe I've been assimilated too far the other direction. I mean, when I go home and I can HEAR the accent, I know it's too late to save myself, but perhaps my story could help someone else.

Come to Winnipeg! You’re already frozen so you’ll fit right in. That, and we’re the geographical centre of Canada so if you want to go on vacation, you won’t have far to travel in either direction.

Come to Winnipeg! You’re already frozen so you’ll fit right in. That, and we’re the geographical centre of Canada so if you want to go on vacation, you won’t have far to travel in either direction.

That's true.

And makes me think of what I am so incredibly jealous of about the States. Especially the Boston - NYC - Philadelphia -Baltimore - Washington corridor and all the wonderful areas around them. I would love to have that ability, to have so many intriguing choices on a road trip.

Last edited:

Only if I can move next door to you so that we can report back to the boards if one of us goes missing. That, and I want to be able to say that I know one of the Canadians on the Disboards personally.

And makes me think of what I am so incredibly jealous of about the States. Especially the Boston - NYC - Philadelphia -Baltimore - Washington corridor and all the wonderful areas around them. I would love to have that ability to have so many intriguing choices in a road trip.

It's not as great as you think, but then again, I'm from the prairies and like my space. My view might be tainted.

What! Only Newfies have accents. Rest of us don't.

It's not as great as you think, but then again, I'm from the prairies and like my space. My view might be tainted.

Interesting. :goodvibes

I have visited that area many times on vacation. There are just many times that I would love more options nearby.

As for the prairies -

I have done The Canadian, our cross country train for those who don't know, a few times and people always instantly ask me about going through the Rockies. Absolutely majestic is my answer but add that there is such beauty travelling through the prairies. When I think back I smile being in the dome car, sunlight on the vast fields. Lovely.

This city girl promotes and understands your viewpoint. :goodvibes

That's true.

And makes me think of what I am so incredibly jealous of about the States. Especially the Boston - NYC - Philadelphia -Baltimore - Washington corridor and all the wonderful areas around them. I would love to have that ability, to have so many intriguing choices on a road trip.
Lol, I live halfway between Baltimore and DC and feel like there are absolutely no intriguing choices nearby. Anything I want to see is a plane ride away.

What I didn't realize until I googled the distance, is that a road trip from Toronto to Calgary is mostly a road trip through the States.

Lol, I live halfway between Baltimore and DC and feel like there are absolutely no intriguing choices nearby. Anything I want to see is a plane ride away.
:rotfl2:

The best.

I love cities and coastal areas.

And am very happy to vacation in Southeastern Virginia as well. I guess you aren't. :laughing:;)

There are many places I would love to jump on a plane and see. Most outside of our two countries. But I was talking small jaunts. A weekend road trip. Day trips even. Choices in a mere few hours.

I have taken this thread way off topic. :drinking1

That's true.

It is great. We live in NJ outside of Philly and enjoy the fact DC is only 3 hours away & the shore an hour (off season not on a Saturday in the summer;) )A lot of great places to visit within a day's drive if you have the time. Plus the plane ride to WDW is only a couple of hours.

It is great. We live in NJ outside of Philly and enjoy the fact DC is only 3 hours away & the shore an hour (off season not on a Saturday in the summer;) )A lot of great places to visit within a day's drive if you have the time. Plus the plane ride to WDW is only a couple of hours.

Good to hear my jealousy is being supported! :thumbsup2

:rotfl2:

The best.

I love cities and coastal areas.

And am very happy to vacation in Southeastern Virginia as well. I guess you aren't. :laughing:;)

There are many places I would love to jump on a plane and see. Most outside of our two countries. But I was talking small jaunts. A weekend road trip. Day trips even. Choices in a mere few hours.

I have taken this thread way off topic. :drinking1

I think it’s hilarious that the Canadians have overtaken this thread. It’s nice to be in the majority for once.

You can totally be my neighbour. Then we can have meetings and set up a phone tree to check on all the other Northern dissers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter