Eliza61 ?

Yeah, I did the same and gumbo posted earlier in this one too. We had girls the same age which made me remember him. He’s been gone a while unless I’ve just missed him.

The other one I think of is luvsjack or something like that. She posted a lot and then nothing.

luvsjack ? Ghosted the forum or is she deceased? This is depressing.

So glad to hear Eliza is still with us. We rarely agreed on anything, but she was the best to debate against. Taught me so much.
:o Am I the only one who thought for a while that she was NYCGrrl? I know the details don’t match but the posting style was somewhat similar. I wonder what makes somebody just quit participating in a forum one day, after they’ve been active for years?:confused3 Shout of being banned, I mean, which I doubt she was.

:o Am I the only one who thought for a while that she was NYCGrrl? I know the details don’t match but the posting style was somewhat similar. I wonder what makes somebody just quit participating in a forum one day, after they’ve been active for years?:confused3 Shout of being banned, I mean, which I doubt she was.
I took a huge break from the DIS boards during 2020 and 2021. I just didn't have it in me to deal with Disney and other people's opinions. There was another mommy board I was part of for about 5 years. I eventually left because it was no longer fun. She might have found the DIS board to not be fun for her anymore.

Thanks, @hopemax, for posting that Eliza61 is around on another forum and doing well. I have wondered about her for a long time. I always liked her posts. I remember when her husband passed away. I worried that something had happened to her, too.

Even though I didn't get an account here until a few years ago, I have been reading the DIS for about 12-13 years now. It was fun to follow your link and read a few of her posts and "hear" her voice again.

I think luvsjack is okay. I’m pretty sure she was just banned.

Yeah, she was really active in some of the covid threads that led to the new policy, so I just kind of figured she either got the boot or didn't find the board fun anymore with the need to self-censor to avoid points. I kind of figure that's why Eliza61 left too, because I know we got dinged for expressing similar thoughts on more than one occasion back when the politics ban was new-ish.

I do wonder what happened to Gumbo, though. Our daughters are the same age and he was pretty active on the class-of thread until he just disappeared, and he didn't strike me as one who was likely to get a time out/ban or leave over the community standards.

Yeah, she was really active in some of the covid threads that led to the new policy, so I just kind of figured she either got the boot or didn't find the board fun anymore with the need to self-censor to avoid points. I kind of figure that's why Eliza61 left too, because I know we got dinged for expressing similar thoughts on more than one occasion back when the politics ban was new-ish.

I do wonder what happened to Gumbo, though. Our daughters are the same age and he was pretty active on the class-of thread until he just disappeared, and he didn't strike me as one who was likely to get a time out/ban or leave over the community standards.
Me too. I enjoyed participating with him and his name (Gumbo4X4) always gets mentioned when we're discussing "whatever happened to..." . :scratchin

Yes! I always liked his posting style. It does make you wonder sometimes. If I died I don’t think my husband would even know to look for this place and give an update.
Mine wouldn't either. If I ever go more than a week (the average length of my vacations) without posting in one of @slo 's daily polls, go ahead and assume the worst. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: slo
Clayfish has disappeared in the last year or so. Believe he got remarried. I also miss NHDisneylover and Firedancer.
Klayfish was another one I thought about for a while, but he popped back in over the summer(ish) for a short time. I think he has maybe had some life changes that led him to not have as much time for the Dis. I recall NHDisneylover saying she was deliberately spending less time here and I remember Firedancer but not sure what happened to him.

Yes! I always liked his posting style. It does make you wonder sometimes. If I died I don’t think my husband would even know to look for this place and give an update.
I’m not a prolific poster so not sure it would be noticed, but mine definitely would not have a clue. He knows I am on a Disney message board, but don’t think he knows which one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter