Eerrrrrrkkkkkk!!!!!!

Pray for rain. Not just sprinkles, but torrential downpours. I've read several threads from people who seem to have gotten walk ups at Cinderella's and Akershus because the pouring rain keeps a lot of people out of the parks until it clears.

I totally Agree!!
we are having the same issues,
especially for my sons 2nd bday, no luck!!!!

best of luck getting some ressie you want!! I am sure you will have a magical time either way!!
just so frustrating during a time that is supposed to be so exciting leading up to vacation!!!!

I really also think you should have a actual BOOKED TRIP to make any ressies!
This part wouldn't work so well with locals and people staying off-site though.

I do agree that it's harsh now, but 90 days was far worse. 120 may be a happy medium, but even then the ultra-popular places will book up within the first hour or so of the reservations being open.

The current system isn't ideal, by far, but there isn't a viable alternative solution :(.

With all due respect, no matter how much you hate the current system (and there's lots to hate about it), you have to play by their rules. If you didn't take the time to call 180 out at 9AM (or online at 6AM) then you take what you can get. No amount of complaining on a non-Disney BB is going to change that.

We could go on and on about how Disney SHOULD change the system, but in the end that isn't going to get you the reservations you want. It's 180 days out for our next trip on Saturday, and our family has already discussed in depth where and when we want to eat. At 9AM I'll be on the phone and get 90 - 100% of what I want, whether it be our first choice or back up plans for each meal.

It's comes down to how important the reservations are to you. Since there are way more people than spots at the prime places, you have to do everything Disney's way to get the prime reservations.

This part wouldn't work so well with locals and people staying off-site though.

I do agree that it's harsh now, but 90 days was far worse. 120 may be a happy medium, but even then the ultra-popular places will book up within the first hour or so of the reservations being open.

The current system isn't ideal, by far, but there isn't a viable alternative solution :(.

My personal choice would be 180 window for on site reservations, 120 days for others. Disney is doing everything in their power to get you to stay on site, and this would be another bonus for booking with them. Another benefit would be to stop the "speculative booking", those that book in advance "hoping" for free dining, and those that purposely double book.

Might piss a few people off, but as long as the restaurants are full (and they still would be), then Disney really shouldn't care.

With all due respect, no matter how much you hate the current system (and there's lots to hate about it), you have to play by their rules. If you didn't take the time to call 180 out at 9AM (or online at 6AM) then you take what you can get. No amount of complaining on a non-Disney BB is going to change that.

We could go on and on about how Disney SHOULD change the system, but in the end that isn't going to get you the reservations you want. It's 180 days out for our next trip on Saturday, and our family has already discussed in depth where and when we want to eat. At 9AM I'll be on the phone and get 90 - 100% of what I want, whether it be our first choice or back up plans for each meal.

It's comes down to how important the reservations are to you. Since there are way more people than spots at the prime places, you have to do everything Disney's way to get the prime reservations.

I think the poster wanted to vent, I think everyone knows there is nothing we can do about it!!!
personally I have other things to do 180 days before a trip!!! not the first thing I think about.... and I didn't even book my trip that far in advance.... so i tried to get ADR s from the day after I booked with no luck!!!!
I think everyone has the opportunity to Vent and we should all let each do so!!!

I think the poster wanted to vent, I think everyone knows there is nothing we can do about it!!!
personally I have other things to do 180 days before a trip!!! not the first thing I think about.... and I didn't even book my trip that far in advance.... so i tried to get ADR s from the day after I booked with no luck!!!!
I think everyone has the opportunity to Vent and we should all let each do so!!!

Venting is a good thing. Saves me from banging my head against the wall many a time. :)

It's just a pet peeve of mine, that is people complaining that they can't get into a restaurant they want a week ahead of time. Unfortunately, you have to play Disney's game when it comes to ADRs.

:mad: I have to say, i am UTTERLY annoyed at the new reservation system. Making reservations online is great, but i think it makes it easier for alot of people, to just CHOOSE everything and anything. I cant believe i cant get ANY reservations for anything i want.. we are leaving next week, and my little princess just wanted to see the princesses.. i tried EVERY dinner or breakfast just for TWO of us.. since i had no luck with our whole party, and all week, there is NOTHING!!! NONE OF THEM! Its so aggervating!!

I cant seem to get anything i want.. every time i try, i am getting more annoyed.. i have been trying for months.. and now that we are a week away:yay:.. i am just PISSED! :mad:

I even called today to try to get a reservation for the week we are there, for a wishes dessert party.. cause my MIL is a SUPER freak when it comes to desserts.. and NOTHING all week! Gosh! I am getting annoyed! If they are going to start letting you make ANY reservations at any time.. online, they should make you use a CC to reserve them.. just my suggestion. FOR ALL THE RESIES... this is crazy that there is no where to eat except 3 places on ONE night.. i am there, and not many options at all! I have some, but these were my two desperate things.. and i just needed to vent! :grouphug:
Why did you wait until now to make your reservations?

The dessert party books up within hours of the reservation opening.

I don't recall seeing if you were on the dining plan or not? If not, I wanted to let you know that we were able to walk into Il Mulino, House of Blues, Kimonos, Via Napoli and Rainforest Cafe (AK) with no ADRs. That won't help you with the princesses, but if your family is looking for places to eat, I would try those.

Maggie

My personal choice would be 180 window for on site reservations, 120 days for others. Disney is doing everything in their power to get you to stay on site, and this would be another bonus for booking with them. Another benefit would be to stop the "speculative booking", those that book in advance "hoping" for free dining, and those that purposely double book.

Might piss a few people off, but as long as the restaurants are full (and they still would be), then Disney really shouldn't care.

I don't think that Disney would necessarily want to go that far towards ticking off the local market, particularly in the current economy. The demand for ADRs is such that the restaurants would likely still be full, but if resort guests got a 60 day head start, locals (the ones who often buy seasonal passes and TiW cards and visit far more frequently than most guests) would effectively be shut out of character dining and many of Disney's better restaurants. And I don't think Disney wants to risk losing the ticket, merchandise, and dining dollars from such a dependable demographic.

I think the better way to stop "speculative booking" would be to align the ADR window with the final payment date for package bookings - make it 45 days out and you won't have people making, and often forgetting to cancel, ADRs based on hoped-for discounts or tentative travel plans.

I don't think that Disney would necessarily want to go that far towards ticking off the local market, particularly in the current economy. The demand for ADRs is such that the restaurants would likely still be full, but if resort guests got a 60 day head start, locals (the ones who often buy seasonal passes and TiW cards and visit far more frequently than most guests) would effectively be shut out of character dining and many of Disney's better restaurants. And I don't think Disney wants to risk losing the ticket, merchandise, and dining dollars from such a dependable demographic.

I think the better way to stop "speculative booking" would be to align the ADR window with the final payment date for package bookings - make it 45 days out and you won't have people making, and often forgetting to cancel, ADRs based on hoped-for discounts or tentative travel plans.

I agree with you. The resort stayers get the 10 day look ahead option. That is an advantage.

I would have all ADRs held with a CC and if you are a no show you are billed a set fee.

Venting is a good thing. Saves me from banging my head against the wall many a time. :)

It's just a pet peeve of mine, that is people complaining that they can't get into a restaurant they want a week ahead of time. Unfortunately, you have to play Disney's game when it comes to ADRs.

I can't speak for anyone but myself!!!
but I tried to make all reservations when I booked my trip!!! since I didn't realize I could make reservatiosn without actually booking a trip!!!
so now for the last few weeks I go online everyday and check availability for some reservations I really Want and could not get,
I am evening calling everyday just in case....
so its not a last minute thing but more like hopeful thinking that something will come up!!!

One thing I don't get is why Disney doesn't make you attach an actual vacation reservation to your adr's. I did not know you could do that. I waited until literally 5 days before the offer was over because I was not sure if we would have the money or time off to do our trip, once we officially booked and put our "down payment", I got busy trying to get adr's, luckily I was able to get places I wanted and looked interesting. If I would of known that I did not actually need to have a vacation booked, I would of tried to make the more popular adr's because it looked more and more like we were going to be able to go. As a result the only adr for Chef Mickey's I was able to get was for 9 but since then been able to get an 8, still not perfect but better than 9! Still in my opinion I think if they are not going to require a credit card they should at least require you to put in your confirmation #. I can't imagine making adr's for a vacation I might or might not go on and preventing people who are booked already from getting those adr's. Like I said I might have done it for Chef Mickeys but only after I was 95% sure we were going. They should def not let you make adr's without an actual vacation booked, imo!

I share the pain and have spent much time trying to figure out a better system. But in the end there is really nothing I can do by make sure I am on the phone or online when I need to be. Some other tips:

1. Subscribe to the monthly ADR cancellation thread for the month you are going. People cancel all the time. If you subscribe you will get an email when someone posts to the thread.

2. Check the online system often. I mean 10 times a day.

3. Try walking up. Yes, it is a shot in the dark, but for large dining rooms you will have some success.

4. Lastly, and most importantly, don't worry too much about dining reservations. Yes, they can be great fun and obviously you have to eat. But the fun is being at Disney with loved ones and experiencing the magic.

I know how frustrating it can be but it is not the new reservation system. Most people make their dining reservations 180 days out and some 190 if staying on property. I myself made the reservations 160 days out and still couldn't get everything I wanted. Don't give up. Try when you are there too. Some people have last minute cancellations. Good luck.

BTW...the first ressie I tried for next week I got. There was an 8:10AM at Akershus for 5 people on 9/14. Not sure how many are in your party. If you give me your dates I would be happy to look for you.

anyone know if Shades of green is included in the 190 days or do I need to wait until 180 days.

anyone know if Shades of green is included in the 190 days or do I need to wait until 180 days.

From what I have been told, Shades of Green was never technically included in the 180+ (or 90 last year) window. You were suppose to have to call 180 days out from each day of your stay. But in my experience, I was always able to do them all (atleast 3 years 06, 07 & 08) at 180 days from my first day. I was told I just got very lucky every time. :confused3

Agree 10000000000%. I've said this many times as well. At 45 days out, you know if you're going or not, so you won't have tons of ADRs taken by people that only "may" be taking the vacation at all and may or may not cancel when they decide that they can't go. They should also keep the extra 10-day policy for resort guests. Yes, it will be crazy on the phones/online each morning. But that will also disocurage people from booking multiple ADRs for the same night. Knowing that there are tons of people online or on the phone making ADRs, it will be your choice...waste time double-booking the same night, or move on to what you want for the next night. Also, at only 45 days, most people will have their park days sorted out by then (as WDW will have released park hours/parade times, etc - which is not available at 180 days), so people can better plan out their choices and make ADRs at locations that are more convenient/suited for the park they will be at.

The problemn witha 45 day window is that it punishes the people like me who DO plan ahead, and WILL go to every ADR they make at 180 days. Being a DVC member, I book my rooms 11 months out (a nd start planning at least a year in advance), at minimum 7 months if I want to stay at a resort I don't own at. It may sound crazy, but the 180 day ADRs are the LAST thing I book. Making me wait until 45 days before I travel would annoy the heck out of me. By that time I've even booked my tours etc., which would have to change if I had to change parks for that day, based on ADR availability.

As for upsetting the locals by letting people with room reservations book at 180 days, and all others at say 120, I really don't think many locals book ADRS that far ahead. I could be wrong, but if I lived close by I'd just phone ahead a week or so, and if I couldn't get into a given restaurant, try again next week.

It's just a pet peeve of mine, that is people complaining that they can't get into a restaurant they want a week ahead of time.
Never mind Disney; around here, you can't get into a popular restaurant a week ahead of time. There are always places that book weeks, sometimes months, in advance.

One thing I don't get is why Disney doesn't make you attach an actual vacation reservation to your adr's.
Because many people stay off site or live locally and never book an "actual vacation reservation." Disney doesn't want to shut them out of ADRs, nor do I think it would be reasonable for them to do so.

It's not 190 days. It's 180 days + 10. What that means is that you still have to wait until 180 days out, but then you can book ADRs for up to 10 days of your vacation.

180 days from today (9/14) is 3/13. If I'm staying on site, I can make ADRs today for 3/13, 3/14, 3/15, 3/16, all the way up to 3/23. If I am not staying on site, however, today I can make ADRs only for 3/13. Tomorrow, I can make ADRs for 3/14. The next day, I can make ADRs for 3/15, and so on.

Does that make sense?

The problemn witha 45 day window is that it punishes the people like me who DO plan ahead, and WILL go to every ADR they make at 180 days. Being a DVC member, I book my rooms 11 months out (a nd start planning at least a year in advance), at minimum 7 months if I want to stay at a resort I don't own at. It may sound crazy, but the 180 day ADRs are the LAST thing I book. Making me wait until 45 days before I travel would annoy the heck out of me. By that time I've even booked my tours etc., which would have to change if I had to change parks for that day, based on ADR availability.

As for upsetting the locals by letting people with room reservations book at 180 days, and all others at say 120, I really don't think many locals book ADRS that far ahead. I could be wrong, but if I lived close by I'd just phone ahead a week or so, and if I couldn't get into a given restaurant, try again next week.

Okay...so tours shouldn't be able to be booked until 45 days out, as well! :rolleyes:

And you wouldn't be "punished"...no one would have any advantage over you.

I agree that locals probably do not book ADRs very far in advance. And Disney should never worry about ticking off those who stay off-site. So I believe that whatever the number of days is set at, people staying on-site certainly should be given a big "head start" over off-site people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter