Eerrrrrrkkkkkk!!!!!!

Sorry, but I'm finding this a bit hard to understand. I don't mean to be rude at all, but we're heading up next week, too, and I did all my reservations about 2 months ago. I got everything I wanted except 'ohana.... including both CRT lunch and Akershus breakfast.
I'm sure there isn't much left now, but there was not very long ago, in my experience. :confused3

There's definitely something wrong with the whole reservation system. When I was just there last week, there were a couple of restaurants that I know were FULLY booked, including a princess breakfast at Akershus (I know it was booked because twoo weeks ago I tried to change the time slightly but couldn't) where the restaurant was more than half-empty. I know I'm not the first to report such a thing. Now, that couldn't possibly be all from no-shows. There has to be a serious flaw in how they schedule ADRs and maybe it varies from restaurant to restaurant (and even meal to meal at the same restaurant), but it certainly can be better.

Here's the thing. We were there before Labor Day, and reservations were hard to come by ahead of time. Well, we went to the restaurants, and they were EMPTY. Even Le Cellier wasn't running it's usual crowd for folks waiting for a table. CP for breakfast - half empty. SciFi (which I hadn't seen a slot available after my 180 day) - 3/4 empty. Even Coral Reef was slow. I stopped at Tony's because we had a late reservation there and they were taking walk-ins, even though I couldn't change my time to earlier.

Came to find out, when I tried to cancel an ADR, that I had three different records in the system, depending on whether I booked online, through Member Services or through Disney Dining. So people are easily making multiple ADRs, even unintentionally.

Anyway, go to the concierge desk where you are staying. You may have some luck. We were able to get a dinner at 1900 Park Faire while there. Also, try going to the restaurants and asking. You never know.

Good luck.

Coral Reef was empty when we were there as well that week. Chef Mickey's too - although it filled up by the time we finished our meal. Yet both were booked.

Just put in a request for breakfast on 9/16 and found ressies for the princess breakfasts at Norway and CRT for 4, 5 and 7 in the party. Definitely keep trying, ADRs are definitely out there. Can we know your dates and party sizes? Chef Mickey and 1900 park fare also are available.

I here ya. We are going in Nov when the crowds levels are listed as a 1 or 2 and I can't get realistic ressies on some days. Its not a real big deal since its an adults only trip and I figure if we want we can go and eat at the bar. But I agree with you what is to stop someones from just going in a goofing around?

Agreed. I booked a trip in early October and was disappointed when I couldn't book Ohanas or Cali Grill 2 months out. But it was fine since it's just me and DH. But when I booked my parents trip the 2nd week of November and couln't get anything THREE weeks out when the crowd calender predicts all 1's I was really upset. For all I know someone booked dozens of restaurants on the same night and time just to have options.... very frusterating.:mad:

Keep trying. I have had reservations come up for popular places like Le Cellier and Ohana just in the past couple of weeks.

Keep trying. You may also get lucky and get a walk-up at Akershus. I'd keep trying and checking. It doesn't hurt to check when you get down there too. If it doesn't work out, then it doesn't work out. We've learned the hard way to schedule out early and then you have plans. You can always cancel...which is why you should keep checking.

I'm not sure exactly when you're going, but I wanted to try and help out. I randomly checked for lunch on 9/15 for you (anywhere from 2 to 5 people), and found a bunch of times for Akershus. What are the dates you're going? I'll try to keep my eyes peeled for you and your little princess. Prayers for your angel son :littleangel:

I wanted to also say that, even though you're a party of 2, check for reservations for 3,4, 5 etc. I have found some reservations with a party of say 4 available when it wouldn't come up for a party of 3. If you have to present a credit card # just call afterwards to reduce the party size.

We're leaving in 2 weeks and I think I am on there 2-3 times a day trying to find what I want - LOL. Right now I am happy with what we have, but it took me checking a lot to actually get it. Don't give up hope... I bet something will turn up for you.

Good luck!

I'm not sure exactly when you're going, but I wanted to try and help out. I randomly checked for lunch on 9/15 for you (anywhere from 2 to 5 people), and found a bunch of times for Akershus. What are the dates you're going? I'll try to keep my eyes peeled for you and your little princess. Prayers for your angel son :littleangel:

thank you for the prayers :) I appreciate the kind words.
This is actually a very bitter sweet trip.. as my father in law died suddenly in the end of march... he had huge hopes of going back with all of us this october, and we decided to go anyway... without him :( Missing my son, and my father in law, is very very bitter sweet :(

The last time we went to Disney we couldn't get a princess meal either so every morning I called to see if anything opened up. Got lucky and a late dinner at Akershus was available. It was great!!! I was worried about it being so late but the girls loved it. Never give up!!!!;)

to my mind, the issue isn't the reservation system...it's the free dining.
It means a lot of folks who might otherwise choose to eat counter-service, or in their rooms need table service ADRs.

DDP (free or paid) does not work for us and I don't like having dining drive my vacation but I still book my ADRs at 180 days so I won't get stuck. However, I often end up dropping them once I'm there (and yes, I call to cancel) because we don't want to spend the time at a restaurant when we could be on our balcony, or in a park.

emacek

:mad: I have to say, i am UTTERLY annoyed at the new reservation system. Making reservations online is great, but i think it makes it easier for alot of people, to just CHOOSE everything and anything. I cant believe i cant get ANY reservations for anything i want.. we are leaving next week, and my little princess just wanted to see the princesses.. i tried EVERY dinner or breakfast just for TWO of us.. since i had no luck with our whole party, and all week, there is NOTHING!!! NONE OF THEM! Its so aggervating!!

I cant seem to get anything i want.. every time i try, i am getting more annoyed.. i have been trying for months.. and now that we are a week away:yay:.. i am just PISSED! :mad:

I even called today to try to get a reservation for the week we are there, for a wishes dessert party.. cause my MIL is a SUPER freak when it comes to desserts.. and NOTHING all week! Gosh! I am getting annoyed! If they are going to start letting you make ANY reservations at any time.. online, they should make you use a CC to reserve them.. just my suggestion. FOR ALL THE RESIES... this is crazy that there is no where to eat except 3 places on ONE night.. i am there, and not many options at all! I have some, but these were my two desperate things.. and i just needed to vent! :grouphug:

I couldn't get Akershus for our last morning. I risked it by doing a walk up and they seated us for the early lunch. Never hurts to ask. I was also stressed out about it, but the girls at Akershus were so sweet.

Sounds like you are trying to get into some of the most popular places on all of the property. They are the places the book completely at the 180 day mark. That being said, don't give up hope yet. We have been trying to get Le Cellier. We started booking at the 180 day mark but forgot a few days so missed out on Le Cellier. We have been trying ever since with no luck. Well we leave in less then 2 weeks and we checked again for the heck of it and guess what?!?! We got a ressie for Le Cellier! So don't give up yet!

Yeah, I feel your pain. I hate the 180 window because often we don't plan our trips that far in advance! So I have to deal with the fact that our "last minute" - usually 4 months or so out - booking habits will mean not getting some of the ADRs we want. :(

I do like the online system, though, because now I don't have to wait on hold, navigate all the stupid prompts, and deal with a phone agent to check if something I want has become available.

Yeah, I feel your pain. I hate the 180 window because often we don't plan our trips that far in advance! So I have to deal with the fact that our "last minute" - usually 4 months or so out - booking habits will mean not getting some of the ADRs we want. :(

I do like the online system, though, because now I don't have to wait on hold, navigate all the stupid prompts, and deal with a phone agent to check if something I want has become available.

I totally understand this. We booked our ADRs without even having our trip booked. We weren't 100% positive we would be able to go but we knew what days we wanted so we booked the dining and figured we would cancel if we couldn't go. Well in June we found out we could go and booked and thankfully the dining was all set.

We had a trip planned in April and had to cancel the day before we were to leave when I ended up in the hospital unexpectedly. We were able to rebook for three weeks later but of course, the dining was a problem. Originally, we were getting really early or really late times for dining but as we got closer, I was able to get everything we had originally booked at more or less convenient times, with the exception of the Wishes Dessert Party. I called when we got to our resort and was able to book the 6 of us for a party the following evening, so don't give up hope yet. They require a cc for the reservation but you can cancel up to I think it's 24 hours ahead, so call when you get there and you may be able to get a reservation. Good luck and have fun!

If you cant get one, try a walk up for Akersus. I seen people walking up and getting tables when we went last Dec. Dont give up! I know its frustrating. Even try calling when you get down there.

:mad: I have to say, i am UTTERLY annoyed at the new reservation system. Making reservations online is great, but i think it makes it easier for alot of people, to just CHOOSE everything and anything. I cant believe i cant get ANY reservations for anything i want.. we are leaving next week, and my little princess just wanted to see the princesses.. i tried EVERY dinner or breakfast just for TWO of us.. since i had no luck with our whole party, and all week, there is NOTHING!!! NONE OF THEM! Its so aggervating!!

I cant seem to get anything i want.. every time i try, i am getting more annoyed.. i have been trying for months.. and now that we are a week away:yay:.. i am just PISSED! :mad:

I even called today to try to get a reservation for the week we are there, for a wishes dessert party.. cause my MIL is a SUPER freak when it comes to desserts.. and NOTHING all week! Gosh! I am getting annoyed! If they are going to start letting you make ANY reservations at any time.. online, they should make you use a CC to reserve them.. just my suggestion. FOR ALL THE RESIES... this is crazy that there is no where to eat except 3 places on ONE night.. i am there, and not many options at all! I have some, but these were my two desperate things.. and i just needed to vent! :grouphug:

I totally Agree!!
we are having the same issues,
especially for my sons 2nd bday, no luck!!!!

best of luck getting some ressie you want!! I am sure you will have a magical time either way!!
just so frustrating during a time that is supposed to be so exciting leading up to vacation!!!!

I really also think you should have a actual BOOKED TRIP to make any ressies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter