eBay question

tink fan

Mouseketeer
I am interested in an eBay auction of 12 plates with starting bid of $299. (Spode St. Louis). The description says they have some crazing and to look at the pictures. I can't tell from the pictures the extent of the crazing. The seller is local so I contacted her with this email:
"I am interested in your Spode plates, but am concerned about the extent of the crazing you mentioned in your description. It was difficult to tell from the pictures. I live locally (St Louis south county). Is it possible for me to view the plates?"

Her response:
"I am pretty busy between now and when the auction ends if you choose to bid on them I would be more than happy to let you look at them when you come to pick them up and if you change your mind we can cancel"

I totally understand her not having time for me look at them. I felt it was a long shot anyway, but can the auction be canceled as she states? Do you see any potential problems with doing this? It's a lot of money involved.

I was thinking about asking if I could look at the plates before I paid (if I won the auction) so I walk away without having to get a refund from PayPal. I would be able to pay on the spot using my phone.

You can win the auction, look at the plates, and then request a refund through eBay.

No matter if the posting says 'no refunds' or not, you have 14 days to request (and automatically get) a refund, once the merchandise is returned.

I absolutely hate selling on eBay for this exact reason, but as a buyer, you have the ultimate power.

Yes, the auction can be ended early and you still get the protections of eBay as you're the high bidder when the auction is ended.

Brian

There is no problem with cancelling the auction if you decide you don't want the plates. The seller will get her eBay fees refunded and can repost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter