eBay issue...WWYD?

graygables

<font color=blue>Doesn't like to discuss the Y2K P
bought a special needs stroller on 6/15, paid on 6/20 (after telling seller I would pay by 6/21, so no surprise there). On 6/27, I asked for the FedEx tracking number when the item shipped. Got a snarky email back saying the seller needed help w/ larger packages and would have tracking info later that day. A week later, still no tracking, so I emailed again, asking for the number and got no response. The stroller arrived today in a badly banged up box and has some minor damage. Nothing that effects the function, but it's more banged up than I'd like for the $200 I spent on it, esp when the seller advertised it as "super nice condition". It's dirty and has an old Barney sticker still stuck on it (not visible in any of the photos) as well as a broken latch. I know it's buyer beware, but do I have any recourse other than feedback at this point?

Email the seller and let them know you are unhappy and feel the stroller was not accurately described in the listing. That would be the place I would start. I wouldn't worry about the Barney sticker (unless it is on fabric). That can be taken off with rubbing alcohol or goo-gone. The broken latch is another story. That is something that interferes with the use of the stroller. Perhaps the seller will issue you a partial refund. :confused3 They may tell you to take it up with the Fed Ex insurance.

We recently bought some infant formula and the cans arrived heavily dented in a box that was in perfect condition. The seller tried passing these off as damaged during shipment and we got the whole "you declined insurance" blah, blah, blah. We let her know all the harm that consuming food from damaged cans can cause. She quickly refunded our money. She had bought the cans of formula at a "scratch and dent" outlet and then tried to pass them off as damaged during shipping. :rolleyes1

What was the seller's stated return policy? If she had one, I would email her and tell her you are returning it for a refund. Then you are free to find a better one! iF she did not have a return policy, still email her and let her know the item arrived in sorry state.

Good luck!

BTW, how was her prior feedback?

What was the feedback when you purchased?

Did you pay with credit card and better yet PayPal with credit card?

Maybe you can work something out with seller to negotiate some money back or for them to take whole item back.

Gerry

Feedback was a bit lower than I'd like, but most of it seemed related to last year's hurricanes, so I took all that with a grain of salt. I did email and am waiting for a reply. I'd really like to work it all out amicably. Thanks for the advice!

Graygables, did you hear back from them yet? The suspense is getting to me! Let us know. :goodvibes

OK, so she emailed me back and offered a partial refund, which I am happy with. She said it would be there by tomorrow, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

If she comes through, I plan to leave positive feedback with a note about slow ship/communication.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter