Ebates 20% back for Orbitz tickets

Yes, as noted above, if anything goes wrong with your MB at the park (and it's been known to happen), you don't have to stop the fun right away to handle the problem. You can pull out the physical ticket in order to enter the park or redeem your FP+. Spending time at guest services to fix it could take hours, eating up valuable park time and causing your family to miss FP+ return times and ADRs.

In a perfect world, you would never need the physical ticket. My Magic+ is far from perfect.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll plan to pick them up.

No wonder...I looked all over Orbitz site and couldn't find the darn thing! Thanks for the info!! I've now signed up, and stalking Disboards is therapy for me:thumbsup2

But they still pay via paypal quarterly, right? Not like I can get my couple hundred they owe me this week, right?
They pay quarterly. They always have. I got mine early, not because I requested it, but as a "thank you" for being a loyal member since the year 2000. It was quite a surprise to get the email telling me that the check was on its way.

I should've bought my Universal tickets the same time I bought my WDW ones. Now I'm (im)patiently waiting for another Ebates double deal! :surfweb:

I have my own question below, but mommyrants, from what I have read, you can do precisely as you describe. Just take your voucher to Guest Relations, and trade it in for a paper ticket.

Ok, for me, not sure if I've goofed up here...

I bought a 5 day from Orbitz on this deal. I am renting points in October from a DVC member. Here is where I *might* have goofed up...

I decided to link those tickets to my reservation. That all went smoothly. They are linked, no problem. I got a number from Orbitz and used that for the linking.

Well, I have 2 issues:

1) I am thinking I want to add 2, 3 or 4 more days on. I have read that I might want to use one of the existing days in order to preserve the discounted price I paid, otherwise I will have to pay for the extra days AND the price difference for all days between the sale price I paid and the regular ticket price. Is this true, or can I simply add on days at the discounted price?

2) I decided to rent more points from the DVC member and do a split stay. That booking is PRIOR to the existing booking that has my linked tickets. It is only 3 days (2 nights). I would like the option of using some of the park tickets on the above stay, during this stay. Is that possible since I have linked the tickets above to that reservation?

Thanks for any info DIS Board gurus!!

I have my own question below, but mommyrants, from what I have read, you can do precisely as you describe. Just take your voucher to Guest Relations, and trade it in for a paper ticket.

Ok, for me, not sure if I've goofed up here...

I bought a 5 day from Orbitz on this deal. I am renting points in October from a DVC member. Here is where I *might* have goofed up...

I decided to link those tickets to my reservation. That all went smoothly. They are linked, no problem. I got a number from Orbitz and used that for the linking.

Well, I have 2 issues:

1) I am thinking I want to add 2, 3 or 4 more days on. I have read that I might want to use one of the existing days in order to preserve the discounted price I paid, otherwise I will have to pay for the extra days AND the price difference for all days between the sale price I paid and the regular ticket price. Is this true, or can I simply add on days at the discounted price?

2) I decided to rent more points from the DVC member and do a split stay. That booking is PRIOR to the existing booking that has my linked tickets. It is only 3 days (2 nights). I would like the option of using some of the park tickets on the above stay, during this stay. Is that possible since I have linked the tickets above to that reservation?

Thanks for any info DIS Board gurus!!
I'll answer the second question first.

When you link a ticket in MDE, you are not linking it to your resort reservation. You are linking it to your MDE profile. You can use that ticket whenever you want - before, during or even after the resort reservation you have linked in your account. If you want to begin using those tickets during your new DVC rental, you will be fine.

Now for the first question. It's true that in order to take advantage of price bridging a ticket that you purchased from a discounter like Orbitz, you have to use the ticket at least once to enter a park. This "bridges" the value of the ticket from what the reseller paid for the ticket to the current gate price of the ticket. You will then pay the difference between the gate value of the ticket and the gate value of the ticket that you want to upgrade to. So, if you purchased a 5-day ticket and you want to add enough days to make it a 7-day ticket, then after you use the ticket once, it will cost you the difference between the current gate price of a 7-day ticket and the current gate price of a 5-day ticket.

Just make sure that there is at least 1 day left on the ticket when you do this AND you do it within 14 days of the first day that the ticket was initially used.

How prompt is prompt? Been waiting for two days for a reply email. Assume that means not so prompt nowadays.
I got an answer within a few hours of sending them an email. The email went out at 7:53 AM and I got a reply at 11:04 AM that morning. I also sent an email regarding a Disney room reservation at 1:25 PM on another day and got a rely at 3:35 PM the same day. I consider that to be pretty prompt. YMMV.

I got an answer within a few hours of sending them an email. The email went out at 7:53 AM and I got a reply at 11:04 AM that morning. I also sent an email regarding a Disney room reservation at 1:25 PM on another day and got a rely at 3:35 PM the same day. I consider that to be pretty prompt. YMMV.

Hello DISers

I am trying to do some pre planning for our next trip. Is it possible to get the DDP by getting tickets through orbitz or UT, or somewhere else and have a separate Disney Resort booking, or does it have to be a complete vacation package through Disney, or some travel agency. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello DISers

I am trying to do some pre planning for our next trip. Is it possible to get the DDP by getting tickets through orbitz or UT, or somewhere else and have a separate Disney Resort booking, or does it have to be a complete vacation package through Disney, or some travel agency. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks.
Disney has a room + dining package that they offer. It's not on their website. You have to call to book it. It was quietly rolled out without any fanfare and it is supposedly only being offered for a trial look until the holiday period in December.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3239657

Day 3 and no reply email from Orbitz. I have computer access during work day but no phone.. is there an online chat option??

Day 3 and no reply email from Orbitz. I have computer access during work day but no phone.. is there an online chat option??

Found online chat.... but they are not chatting now even though it is supposed to be chat hours? Customer Service has not been grand for me.

https://faq.orbitz.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14205/~/orbitz-chat-service

Our chat service is currently unavailable. Our Customer Service chat team is available Mon-Fri 8am - 11pm CST or Sat-Sun 10am - 9pm CST. Please chat with us during normal business hours

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter