Eats May 21 - 23

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
Three adults, no children. This was my sister's birthday weekend. Plus she was a WDW first timer. (She use to live near DL, so was familiar with Disney parks.)

Lunch last Saturday (the 21st) was at Sunshine Season's. DH and I have walked through. This was our first eating experience there.
We all loved our food.
DH and I each had the Turkey Muenster and Cheese Focaccia with Chipotle Mayonnaise. The bread was VERY fresh, and that was a GOOD sandwich!
Sister had an oriental dish. I don't recall what it was. I recall rice, and maybe chicken. But don't really recall much more than that. But she said it was very good and was pleased.
DH also ate a fruit tulip.
I love hummus too, and I bought a serving from the grab n go area. We each ate some with our meal.
We had a very light breakfast, so maybe we all were just hungry. But we were very pleased. My only disappointment was they did not accept the DDE discount card.

Dinner:
Chefs de France. When I made the PS I let them know we were celebrating my sister's b-day. (And I reminded our waiter when she was away from our table.)
I ordered The French Menu. (25.95) and gave DH my Soupe a l'oignon gratinee (classic onion soup topped with Gruyere cheese).
This also came with Demi poulet fermier a la broche, pommes puree au basilic et tomate braisee - Half of a farm raised rotisserie chicken, basil-flavored mashed potatoes & braised tomato and Creme brulee a l'ancienne (baked vanilla cream with caramelized brown sugar).
Very yummy. The chicken was perfect.
DH ordered Filet de boeuf grille, sauce au poivre noir, gratin Dauphinois et haricots verts - grilled tenderloin of beef with a black pepper sauce served with potato gratin of Savoy and green beans.
He even commented how good the beans were.
His food looked very good, as expected. And I certainly heard no complaints from him! Between that and the soup, he was stuffed.
At the end of our meal several waiters gathered, started singing and walked over to my sister. (We assume it was Happy Birthday, although they could have been singing for us to hurry, pay the bill and leave. ;)
My sister received a nice (free) mousse style dessert. She was very pleased -- and surprised!

Sunday:
We ate lunch at Cosmic Ray's and a CM there gave my sister a free mini chocolate cake with her meal of a vegetable wrap. (She was wearing a free Disney birthday button.)
She said both were very good. The wrap, like all our food portions here, was large. And the cake tasted much better than it looked. We each ate a little.
DH and I each ate a pulled pork sandwich. That came with two choices. We each opted for the pasta salad.
We too were very pleasantly surprised and pleased with our food. And the sandwiches were actually hot! (temperature-wise, not spicy) They were very good.
We all three ordered at the last station, at the far right.
Originally we went to the New (and now closed) Noode Station. After we started eating, I was glad it was closed, since our food was so good.

We ate dinner at CRT. MANY guests were celebrating birthdays that night. They seemed to have the birthday people seated along the windows. Birthday tables included Mickey head confetti and a crepe paper streamer.
My sister ordered the Roasted "Airline" Chicken Breast - on a bread pudding of spinach and garlic with red onion marmalade. (Mostly because she wanted to try the bread pudding.)
To me the chicken did not look that great. But she thought it all was VERY good, esp the bread pudding.
I meant to ask for the recipe, but I forgot.
DH and I each ate Lamb Shank - 4 hour braised lamb shank on root mash garnished with mint fig jam.
That was VERY good. The lamb came looking like a small turkey leg! :rotfl: And the meat was fall off the bone tender and very flavorful!
They also gave my sister a small chocolate mini cake. (More like a cupcake, only dome shaped.) She did not eat much of that. She said the cake from Cosmic Ray's was better!
We all three shared one Celebration slipper dessert. It looks sickening sweet, but it is not. It was sweet, but JUST RIGHT. Very creamy and flavorful. Good fresh fruit too.

Monday evening my sister and I ate dinner at Boma's.
My sister was VERY impressed with AKL, and Boma's. She seemed to really like everything. Although she said the salmon tasted fishy. She ate very little of that, leaving the remainder on her plate.
Her favorite part seemed to be a Mango Tart. She mentioned that several times. ;)
They had three different types of hummus: White bean; olive; tomato. The white bean and tomato looked very similar. I ate the white bean. Sister ate the tomato.
The FuFu was delicious too, as were other things I can't recall what they were called! And who cannot love the Zebra Domes?

We had wonderful servers at all the restaurants. The only complaint was at Boma our waitress did not bring our ticket. She was bussing tables and seemed to have forgotten us. When it was close to half an hour just waiting for our ticket, I approached a manager and asked to have our table check. A few minutes later we finally had it. I was surprised this happened, as she was fairly attentive prior to that.

Questions?

Wow! What a great report! :cheer2:

I'm glad you all had such a great time.

thank you for the wonderful dining report! :flower:
We made a PS for Chefs de France for our Aug. trip, and after reading your review, I`m glad we did! :goodvibes
thanks

Originally we went to the New (and now closed) Noode Station. After we started eating, I was glad it was closed, since our food was so good.

They are closed!? I haven't read anything about this, what happened? :confused3

Great reviews! Thanks for the info about your CRT dinner. I am glad to hear that the slipper dessert is not cloyingly sweet.

Thanks,
penny
:goodvibes

Have no idea why the Noodle Station was closed Sunday. But it certainly was. :confused3
MK was busy and it was noon. And it was closed. :earseek:

I have a question...did you get your DDE card yet or a response from your email. I am still waiting and it's been two months now. Grrrr. :)

TOMAR@SSR said:
thank you for the wonderful dining report! :flower:
We made a PS for Chefs de France for our Aug. trip, and after reading your review, I`m glad we did! :goodvibes
thanks
DH and I were in WDW just over 2 weeks ago. We decided to try a few new (to us) restaurants this trip and one of the ones we tried was Chefs de France. The food was absolutely delicious, the service was great and, if you've ever eaten in a restaurant in Paris, the atmosphere at Chefs will bring back wonderful memories. We had many excellent meals this trip, but the one DH talks about most is Chefs de France.

We received our DEE cards just over a week ago. It took just over 8 weeks to receive them once I faxed in my renewal.
I have not heard anything from my e-mail, other than the automatic general response e-mail.

And surprising, my sister said her CRT food ws better than Chefs!
We were expecting the CRT food to be good. But it was VERY good. Much better than I expected.
My sister drank the mango ice tea at CRT and really like it too.

Cinderella was in the lobby, sitting in the chair as we were leaving too. The line was pretty long.

Lisa S, thank you for your review of Chefs, sounds like you and hubby enjoyed your evening there ;) , we`re looking forward to a great dinner too :goodvibes :wave2:

Luv2Roam, we made a ADR for CRT also, on another evening, so it "sounds good", either way. Glad you had a great time :flower:

I`ll be calling for the DDE card around the first week in July (hoping that I`ll receive the Letter at least) before we leave on Aug. 9th :earseek:
thanks guys :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!