Eat at Home 3!

Sun - Crockpot Sweet and Spicy Turkey Meatballs (cran sauce, chili sauce, worcestshire sauce), Roasted Asparagus, Sliced Apples, Banana Choco Peanut Muffins
Mon - Beef Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Carrots, Blueberries
Tues - Sloppy Joes, Potato Soup, Blackberries
Wed - Baked Chicken (either BBQ or Buffalo), Roasted Cauliflower, Leftover Soup
Thurs - Cheesesteak sandwiches with carmelized onions (or leftover buffalo/bbq chicken sandwiches if we don't finish the Wed meal), Roasted Garlic Dill Potatoes, Roasted Asparagus (got 2 bunches at store), Leftover Fruits
Fri - Cheese Pizza, smoothies, leftover fruit/veg/soup
Sat - Out for Date Night - seeing Deadpool and getting a nice belated Valentine's Dinner (at a cheaper price:)...

This week will be Mediterranean tuna casserole, chicken and dumplings with mashed potatoes, vegetarian korma with basmati rice and naan, egg in toast with jam and sausage and bean and rice burritos with corn salsa.

No treats to make until lent is over. Snacks for the kiddos will be fruit or yogurt.

I stunk last week with eating at home. Between my birthday and work drama, I ate out way too much. This week I plan to eat at home more.

Menu:
Tonight we are having pepper steak stir fry with rice
Tomorrow we will be having beef stew over noodles
Tuesday will be leftovers as I work late
Wednesday I will be picking up corned beef sandwiches from our favorite deli since I will be working right next door helping out our other location
Thursday will be ham slices with pierogis
Friday my mom is going to a fish fry with family and I am working late so I will probably make myself Mac and cheese
Saturday will be chicken pot pie with salad

Menu - Week of 2/13

Saturday - spaghetti/ peas
Sunday - leftovers
Monday - fajitas/ rice/ beans
Tuesday - cauliflower soup
Wednesday- chicken and stuffing/ green beans
Thursday - leftovers
Friday - salmon, rice, broccoli

Week of 2/13

Sunday... Pineapple, veggie and pork fried rice
Monday...Lemon pepper sole, homemade bread, baked zucchini "fries" with marinara for dipping, and steamed broccoli
Tuesday...Wonton soup and salad
Wednesday...Breakfast for dinner ..eggs, fruit smoothies, clementines, toast
Thursday...Spaghetti bolognese (ground chicken)
Friday... Homemade Pizzas
Saturday...Roast Chicken, Broccoli, Salad, Roast Sweet Potatoes
Sunday...Dinner with my parents

Last edited:
Mon-turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, broccoli
Tues-leftovers
Wed-cheese stuffed meatballs, veggies and dip, not sure of side
Thurs-chicken and noodles with green beans
Fri-butter chicken, rice, peas, naan, maybe salad
Sat-pizza and salad
Sun-leftovers

Soup of the week: Lentil Soup
Treat of the week: Brownies

Happy Monday! my week looks like this

Monday - Cashew Chicken, white rice and egg rolls
Tuesday - beef Tacos
Wednesday - thin boneless pork chops, stuffing, mashed CF, sautéed zucchini
Thursday - sirloin pot pie from schwan's for the hubs and left over baked beans with a yeast roll for me
Friday - Popcorn chicken and tater tots
Saturday ???
Sunday - will be the leftover lasagna that we didn't eat this week due to an impromptu trip to my parents a few hours away..

Saturday - we were so busy it was make what you want night
Sunday - Pasta with meat sauce, salad, garlic bread, stuffed strawberries
Monday - mexican pizza for family and fruit salad for family. I am having roasted asparagus with quinoa and mushrooms.
Tuesday - Italian beef, green beans, baked potatoes
Wednesday - waffles, fruit
Thursday - Tilapia, mashed potatoes, roasted veggies
Friday - Steak, salad

Between sports practice and games and meetings, we are on the go nearly every night. I've only cooked one meal in the past two weeks - and that was out of a box. Yuck!! I'm hoping if I put together a plan, I can stick to it - even if we don't all sit down and eat as a family, at least we are eating something decent/healthy.

Tonight DS has basketball at 5:15. I think I'll throw together tacos with rice and corn on the side.
Tuesday, I have a meeting at 5:30 and another at 7:00, so I won't be around, but if I make dinner before I leave, DH can serve it. I'll make beef stroganoff over egg noodles with green beans on the side. I hope they leave me some. Yummy!
Wednesday we are all home! I'll make chicken curry with rice, naan and broccoli on the side.
Thursday we go out of town for basketball - leaving at 3PM. I might try to make something the night before that I can pack and take along. I don't want to eat concession stand food again.
Friday we are all home. I'm going to fry up some walleye that a friend caught and gave me. I'll make sweet potato fries and broccoli on the side.
We are home all weekend - that will be so nice! Saturday morning I'll make a breakfast bake with leftover ham. Saturday night I'll make beef fajitas with rice and corn on the side.
Sunday we'll eat breakfast out after mass. Sunday evening I'll make dry rubbed pork ribs with baked beans and cole slaw.

Sun - Crockpot Sweet and Spicy Turkey Meatballs (cran sauce, chili sauce, worcestshire sauce), Roasted Asparagus, Sliced Apples, Banana Choco Peanut Muffins
Mon - Beef Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Carrots, Blueberries
Tues - Sloppy Joes, Potato Soup, Blackberries
Wed - Baked Chicken (either BBQ or Buffalo), Roasted Cauliflower, Leftover Soup
Thurs - Cheesesteak sandwiches with carmelized onions (or leftover buffalo/bbq chicken sandwiches if we don't finish the Wed meal), Roasted Garlic Dill Potatoes, Roasted Asparagus (got 2 bunches at store), Leftover Fruits
Fri - Cheese Pizza, smoothies, leftover fruit/veg/soup
Sat - Out for Date Night - seeing Deadpool and getting a nice belated Valentine's Dinner (at a cheaper price:)...

Had to throw Monday and Tuesday's plan out the window - when I went to get beef from my freezer, realized the pork chop package I bought a week ago had ripped...rather than rewrapping it and hoping for the best, I pulled it out and made Pork BBQ in the crockpot. Moved up my roasted cauliflower and served it over that (family actually liked the cauliflower, too, so that will be repeating in our future) and made a Cran-orange bread and apples on the side. Gonna repeat the leftovers today over mac and cheese with yesterday's planned roasted carrots and blueberries and pick back up with my old meal plan Wednesday:)...

Last edited:
So I'm going to try a different technique with this thread- DH and I both don't like to meal plan, but I do want to track our meals- I'm going to try to edit my post with our meals, I enjoy looking at this thread for ideas

Sunday- BBQ chicken, salad, poutine
Monday- Leftovers- Pasta and meat sauce, salad
Tuesday-
Wednesday-
Thurs-
Friday-
Saturday-
Sunday-

So all my plans got thrown out because they are doing work on my apartment. Which means all my kitchen stuff is boxed up and I have no way to cook if I wanted to. Today I am waiting on them to get their butts here to do counters and appliances, but so far nothing. I will be peeved off if they don't get this done by today like they are supposed to. If they have not shown up by 2, I am calling the management office to ask and complain. I don't pay rent to be put out for multiple days because of changes THEY want to do.

Lunches: Leftover soup, leftovers from dinners, chicken salad
Sweet: Cheesecake dip, apples, canned fruit, cookies

Tonight: Take out pizza
Tomorrow: Subway $6 footlong
Sunday: Potato soup, corn bread
Monday: Brown sugar and soy salmon, rice, broccoli
Tuesday: Turkey Tetrazzini
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Homemade cheeseburger helper, broccoli
Saturday: Leftovers

Sunday: Leftovers
Monday: Broccoli cheese soup
Tuesday: Meatball subs, roasted potatoes, vegetable
Wednesday: Chicken with mushrooms, pasta, and asparagus
Friday: Pan fried fish, asparagus
Saturday: Baked potatoes, vegetable
Sunday: Leftovers

I just am not able to get over here on the Disboards much at all. I am in school now. Between things being crazy at work, me in school, and the everyday madness of having three kids with various activities, I am about to go nuts! But, we are still eating at home, just not all together at the dinner table as much as I would like. I fear those days are long gone... makes me sad.

Saturday:
Chicken Fajitas
Mexican Rice

Sunday:
Mickey Shaped Pizzas (we are doing Disney themed weekly countdown stuff until our trip this fall)
Root Beer Floats

Monday:
Smoked Sausage and Cabbage
Cornbread

Tuesday:
Korean Beef
Rice
Broccoli

Wednesday:
Beanie Weenie
Cornbread

Thursday:
Beef Tips and Gravy
Mashed Potatoes
Green Beans

Friday:
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Grilled Cheese

Monday: Slow cooker buffalo chicken soup https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2122096

Tuesday: Turkey and cheese omelette, Alexa sweet potato puffs

Wednesday: I have my workout class. Easy night/leftovers

Thursday: Pancakes, turkey bacon

Friday: Black bean quesadillas http://www.budgetbytes.com/2012/02/hearty-black-bean-quesadillas/ , chips and salsa

Saturday: I have a bridal shower in the late afternoon so I won't be hungry I am sure. H will just have leftovers.

Sunday: Grilling rib eye steaks, with broccoli, cauliflower, and rice on the side.

I also made blueberry and chocolate chip muffins (made 12 muffins per batch) for breakfast/snacks.

Last was very busy - pushed a couple meals I did not make to this week.
Menu plan - Week of 2/20
Saturday - taco salads
Sunday - chicken and stuffing/ broccoli
Monday - leftovers
Tuesday - cauliflower soup
Wednesday - herb crusted fish, rice, squash
Thursday - black bean burgers, baked potato fries
Friday - jambalaya

We didn't stick to last weeks menu very well. Tuesday afternoon I noticed it was hurting to swallow a little bit, by Tuesday night I felt absolutely wretched and then I spent the rest of the week down with strep throat. I am so grateful to be feeling better and back to business this week!

So here is this weeks menu..
Monday... Pasta w/turkey bolognese
Tuesday.. Breakfast for dinner w/fruit smoothies
Wednesday.. Wonton soup, asparagus
Thursday... Pork Chops, sweet potato, brussel sprouts
Friday.. No idea, we have a tournament this weekend and the schedule isn't out yet. So it will be something on the way if we have a Friday game. Probably Subway. If not, Homemade Pizzas
Saturday.. Eating out basketball town
Sunday.. Eating out basketball tournament.

I am going to attempt to control the damage. I don't mind tournament weekends but I hate trying to find healthy foods and spending a ton of money just to eat. I think I will pack a cooler with snacks and healthier options for lunches so we just need to get dinners.

Last week: 1 "oops" when DH picked up pizza :crazy:

Sunday- BBQ chicken, salad, poutine
Monday- Leftovers- Pasta and meat sauce, salad
Tuesday- stirfry
Wednesday- leftover turkey surprise from the freezer (I always make a casserole from turkey leftovers and freeze)
Thurs- DH picked up pizza :sad2: as he had to go to work that night and had worked the night before so slept till he had to take DD to basketball. I was at physio after work
Friday- leftover pizza (easy for the ski hill I will say)
Saturday- $5 appies at one of the ski hill pubs (this was planned)
Sunday- DH ate a frozen dinner (leftovers) and I had a peanut butter sandwich as DD was visiting he mom so we were lazy

This week:
Monday- I think DH is doing pad thai (yum!)
Tuesday- at the inlaws as DH and I are both working so don't get to the farm till 6pm-ish, so MIL will feed us
Wednesday- DD will get fed by inlaws again, as we are both at work days and I have a massage therapy appt so won't be home till 7pm ish
Thurs- Fish of some sort- we have white fish, salmon, and canned salmon for salmon loaf- with rice and veg
Friday- we are at our little place at the ski hill (ie large hotel room) which has small kitchen (no oven) so I will need to plan dinners that work ahead- thinking hamburger helper type thing with mashed potatoes
Saturday- At ski hill- need a second easy stovetop meal-
Sunday- MIL was talking about family dinner, so may not be cooking again! Whoop! Otherwise it will be something easy as we will have come down from the hill- I'm thinking breakfast for dinner

Off to browse the thread for another easy, stovetop meal

Last edited:
Mon-ham and egg cups
Tues-chicken alfredo (over pasta for the carb eaters)
Wed-ham and twice baked potatoes
Thurs-turkey pot pie stew
Fri-Shepherd's pie
Sat-pasta
Sun-leftovers

Soup of the week: Corn Chowder
Treat of the week: Double Chocolate Chip Muffins

Sunday: Fried Chicken, baked beans, watermelon, Mac and Cheese
Monday: Tacos, fruit salad
Tuesday: Italian Chicken, pasta, garlic bread, salad
Wednesday: Roast, carrots, potatoes
Friday: BBQ Chicken, Roasted Broccoli, Rice
Saturday: Pizza

Crazy Week:)...
Sun - Leftovers (had a ton to get rid of last week - have to get used to not being able to have them Fridays as lunch)
Mon - Trivia Night with Happy Hour Specials (last date night while mom visited) - we won 3rd, so $10 Gift certificate made this a CHEAP night out:)
Tues - Homemade Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes, Bacon, Orange Banana Fresh Fruit Smoothies
Wed - Kale and Chicken Ravioli in Pesto Sauce (or Cheese Ravioli for those who won't eat that), Strawberries
Thurs - Thai Peanut Chicken Bake (got a kit), Roasted Cauliflower, Blueberries
Fri - Cheese Pizza, Blueberries and Strawberries
Sat - Leftovers or Out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter