Eat at Home 3!

Monday: Buffalo chicken strips, corn, green beans
Tuesday: Slow cooker mac and cheese, salad
Wednesday: I have my workout class. Leftovers
Thursday: Black bean and corn quesadillas, pineapple
Friday: Veggie burgers (homemade in the freezer), carrots, broccoli, brown rice
Saturday: Magic Kingdom! :cloud9: Going with friends and eating around MK!
Sunday: Going out to Outback Steakhouse with a gift card we got for Christmas

Menu Plan- Week of 2/4
Saturday- cauliflower soup, biscuits
Sunday - pizza, wings and veggie tray
Monday - leftovers
Tuesday - stir fry over rice
Wednesday - eggs, bacon, grits, and fruit smoothies
Thursday - steak, baked potatoes, salad
Friday - Mexican chicken soup

Did great this week, and decided to cook for Saturday...so here's the plan...
Sat - Lemon Dill Baked Fresh Atlantic Salmon Fillets (got a great deal on the fish:)), Dill Vinegar Cucumber Salad, Blueberry Muffins (and having friends over for Dessert/birthday snacks and a game night, so we'll also have Chocolate Chocolate Cake and Smartfood Cheese Popcorn)
Sun (Super Bowl Food) - Three Bean and Beef Chili, Homemade Jalapeno Poppers (1st time attempt for me), 6 Layer Dip, Tostitos
Mon - Chili Mac and Cheese, Roasted Cauliflower, (For Kids Fresh Pineapple/Banana)
Tues - Cheeseburgers, Baked Fries, Roasted Carrots
Wed - Western Omelettes (skipped this last week), Spinach Bacon Blue Cheese Red Onion Salad, (Sliced Apples/Pears for Kids), and maybe Tater Tots
Thurs - (2 kids at friends, so feeding only the littles, so making their favorite -changed per their request) - Mussels in Tomato Broth over Pasta (Mussels were prebought in the broth for a stupid good deal yesterday), Strawberries/Bananas
Fri - Kid Valentine Party in the late afternoon, so we are either going to the Church movie night for free pizza or staying home with PBJs and Milk b/c the kids will be stuffed - adults will have Leftovers from the week if we stay home
Sat - TAKEOUT (since I'm staying in this Saturday and I have to be at a morning retreat for 3 hours and a choir night for another 2, I'll want a break:))

Last edited:
Tonight: Breakfast- eggs, sausage, and toast
Sunday: L/O
Monday: Roast pork, baked sweet potatoes, and a vegetable
Tuesday: L/O
Wednesday: Shredded pork tacos, Mexican rice
Thursday: L/O
Friday: L/O
Saturday: Veggie stir fry with rice
Sunday: Cheese lasagna with roasted red pepper sauce
Monday: L/O
Tuesday: L/O
Wednesday: Out for sushi for my birthday! It's a place with $20 all you can eat sushi and other items with great reviews including from some of my friends. There is a huge group of us going from work.
Thursday: Migas with fried potatos
Friday: L/O
Saturday: Steak, baked potato, and asparagus (my personal bday dinner)
Sunday: L/O

Sun- leftovers, home late from a swim
Mon- crumbed fish/chicken schnitzel, fries, carrot and peas
Tues- dal, eggplant curry and naan
Wed- late, dance and cricket! Leftovers or toast and eggs
Thurs- lamb pot pies and peas
Fri- DH making burgers apparently
Sat- Roast veg salad

So bad news... our fridge we'd had for over 12 years finally died. DH figured out it was not something worth repairing so we had to get a new one. The good news was that I hadn't been shopping yet so minimal things had to be tossed out. We had some things in the garage fridge that we were able to use for dinner the rest of the week. The other good thing was that we were able to get the new one we wanted at JCPenney (where I work) at the same price as all other stores (they price match anyway) plus my discount. We were able to take advantage of no interest on the credit card for 24 months, though we may pay it off earlier. The free instillation and delivery made it easy, and then our electric company is offering a $50 rebate for scheduling pick up of the old appliance. Now it's time to go shopping and fill them new, larger fridge with yummy food! Ok, I'll try not to get too carried away. Here's this week's plan:

Sun(off)- snacks and appetizers for lunch and dinner- chips and French onion dip, avocado hummus, 7 layer dip, turkey pinwheels, salami roll-ups, potato skins, hamburger sliders
Mon(7-5)- chicken parmesan w/pasta
Tue(1-10)- soft tacos w/beans
Wed(8-5)- brats w/ seasoned green beans and rolls
Thu(off)- my birthday! My mom sent me a King cake and jars off olive salad from New Orleans, so I'm making muffulettas
Fri(1-10)- loaded baked potatoes

If we have leftovers from all the stuff today DH and I can take for lunch to work this week.

Super Bowl Sunday- bbq kielbasa bites, queso dip, veggies and dip, m&m brownies

Monday-meatless tacos, refried beans, green grapes, bananas and mandarins

Tuesday- pancakes, sausage, eggs and fruit

Wednesday- grilled cheese and tomato soup
and fruit

Thursday- crock pot veggie lasagna, roasted broccoli and garlic bread

Friday- pancakes, bacon and eggs

Saturday- hoping I can scrounge something up!

Tonight-Chicken Pot pie, salad
Tues-Pizza delivery, salad or veggies and dip
Wed-Homemade hamburger helper, peas
Thurs-eggs, pancakes, fruit (possibly leftovers)
Fri-chicken fajitas
Sat-pot roast, potatoes, corn, buns, additional veggie
Sun-beef and broccoli, rice (possibly leftovers)

Soup of the week: Chicken Taco Chili
Treat of the week: Chocolate Chip Cookies

We have the soup slated for lunches and I made a nice big batch, but it looks as though there will be leftovers nearly every night, so if we get bogged down, we'll use Thursday and/or Sunday as leftover nights to get the fridge all cleared out and push those meals until next week.

Ok here's the lowdown for this week

Monday Gumbo
Tuesday Chicken Phillies with asparagus
Wednesday Youth Group at church eat there
Thursday Homemade Pizza
Friday Leftovers
Saturday Church Fundraiser
Sunday Steaks! (DH bday :)

Saturday: Free for all (whatever you want)
Sunday: Tostadas, Bean and rice burritos, queso dip
Monday: Roast, Carrots, Italian bread
Tuesday: jambalaya, Fruit salad
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Italian chicken, garlic bread, salad
Friday: Frozen Pizza

Menu for the week

Monday - roasted potatoes and kielbasa, asparagus
Tuesday - tacos, Spanish rice, Mexican corn
Wednesday - crack chicken (ranch seasoning packet and cream cheese over chicken breasts in the slow cooker, mixed with crumbled bacon) with Parmesan noodles
Thursday - pancakes, scrambled eggs, breakfast sausage
Friday-pizza delivery
Saturday - We are going to Scout Night at the Naval Academy's basketball game so we'll probably grab dinner out
Sunday - Burgers, onion rings, baked beans

We've sticking to the meal plan and eating at home every night!

Sun: ribs, loaded potato casserole
Mon: spaghetti and bread sticks
Tues: homemade pizza (didn't eat on sat because we got an unexpected date night!!)
Wed: taco salad
Thurs: crockpot honey garlic chicken thighs, buttered noodles, broccoli
Fri: dinner out
Sat: undecided - I'm working all weekend so I'll leave it up to DH to figure out

Monday: Korean Beef Bowls
Tuesday: Pasta with meat sauce
Wednesday: Perogies, sausages and salad
Thursday: Hamburger helper and salad
Friday: Dinner out
Saturday: Chili and garlic bread

Monday: We were on our own. DH had leftovers and the kids and I each had a frozen pizza boat.
Tuesday: Angel Hair w/ meat sauce, small tossed salad.
Wednesday: Beef tacos
Thursday: Baked chicken and Mexican hash browns (just shredded hash browns, with shredded cheddar and picante sauce)
Friday: Hot ham and cheese sandwiches (ham, swiss, toasted Italian bread, mayo, tomatoes) and chips
Saturday: Pot Roast with onions, carrots, and potatoes
Sunday: Pork chops with stuffing and green beans

Snow day here so I had time to peruse the Dis and find this thread!
Tues - Today I made Pasta with Italian sausage in the sauce.
Wed - Fritatta or pancakes/eggs/sausage -
Thurs - Bean Burrito Bake (i made this title up - just bean burritos layered in 13x9 pan, covered with enchilada sauce and shredded cheese - bake until brown)
Need to check the freezer to see what else I can come up with :)

Menu Plan - Week of 2/11

Saturday- Asian chicken with red peppers and mushrooms over rice
Sunday - tacos, refried beans, corn/tomatoes/avocado salad
Monday - leftovers
Tuesday - beef and barley soup
Wednesday - eggs, bacon, grits, fruit smoothies
Thursday - beef stroganoff, beets, green beans
Friday - pizza, veggie tray

Sun - Beef and Cheese Enchiladas, Homemade Guacamole and Chips, Strawberries
Mon - Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Cauliflowers, Blueberries
Tues (Valentine's Day) - Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp, Orzo, Roasted Green Beans, Strawberries/Blueberries
Wed - Western Milk-based Quiche, Potato Pancakes, Fruit Smoothies
Thurs (Mom arrives) - Ribeye Steaks, Carmelized Onion, Baked Fries, Caesar Salad (her favorite meal)
Fri - BLTs (her other favorite meal), Chips, Fruit Salad
Sat - Date Night for adults (belated Valentine's Day meal at regular menu prices vs the ridiculous Valentine upcharges:)) - mom and kids will have mac and cheese with fruit and milk shakes (although mom will likely have the leftover steak or bacon or both:))

Monday: Chicken pot pie pasta http://www.marthastewart.com/933519/chicken-pot-pie-pasta
Tuesday: Mozzarella stuffed meatloaf, smashed potatoes, salad, peanut butter pie (no bake)
Wednesday: I have my workout class. Leftovers
Thursday: Jalapeno popper grilled cheese, fruit
Friday: Frozen pizza, fruit if any is left over
Saturday>Sunday: We will be at my inlaws FL house about 2 hours away, and we always eat in (usually grill)

I made so much food on Super Bowl Sunday that we had leftovers from that on Mon. Then I forgot the guys were staying over at the church Fri. night for the annual "fun" campout- they have pizza and watch movies, then the next morning get up and do the Scouting for Food pick up. I worked late so I got my free birthday burrito from Moe's for dinner. Now I have two carry over dinners for this week.

Sun(off): loaded baked potatoes
Mon(7-5): smoky chicken soup
Tue(8-5): brats w/green beans and crescents
Wed(off): steak salad
Thu(1-10): sausage, white bean, and kale stew
Fri(8-5): one pot spaghetti

I also have to bake a cake for Scouts Tuesday night (I'm still trying to figure out who planned the Court of Honor on Valentine's Day) and my favorite peanut butter chocolate cheesecake brownies for Friday's monthly pot luck at work- it's a bake-off.

Sunday- roast chicken, mac and cheese, broccoli
Monday- stirfry
Tuesday- Valentines- thinking homemade heart shape pizzas
Wednesday- ribs, quinoa, veg
Thursday- thinking chili in the crock pot (had pulled pork made in crock pot) with salad
Friday- having friends over- making pizzas and they are bringing stuff
Saturday- pulled pork sandwiches (had leftover pizza)
Sunday- chicken stirfry

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter