Eat at home 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had left over Masa and meat from my tamale making so I made a tamale pie. Tomorrow I am going to buy stuff for New Years. We usually have a dinner so the kids can participate. I think my DH has to work 3rd.

I am going to go check out super Walmart tomorrow to see what deals I can get on food.

Tonight we had porkchops, Velveeta shells and cheese, and corn on the cob. tommorrow we are having pasta and broccoli. i am not sure what is going on sat. or sun. yet. next week i am back on points so i will menu plan 4 the week on monday.

So mom and I have decided that Monday we will clean out the freezer and cabinets (and organize them). That means my meal plan for the next month will have to change because I need to do the best I can to eat what we have. Next weeks will stay the same because we won't clean until after the trip to the grocery store (I go in the mornings).

I really want some room so I can buy a couple frozen meals (that are healthier). The other day I wanted something like that for lunch and had nothing :sad1:. I also want room for some frozen veggies so I have those on hand for quick, healthy sides.

our plan last night changed to KFC - I had a humdingger of a headache and wasn't cooking so DH got us KFC ..back on track for today though

Grocery day today...I spent only $56 out of the $100 budget!!!!!! :cool1:

This week's menu:

Tonight-
Corned Beef Hash
Steamed Cabbage

Saturday-
Party at a friend's house. I am taking
Homemade Southwest Egg Rolls
Chipped Beef Cheeseball with Crackers

Sunday-
Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
Green Salad

Monday-
50's Primetime Mom's Meatloaf
Mashed Potatoes
Southern Style Green Beans

Tuesday-
Pancakes with Peanut Butter
Link Sausage

Wednesday-
Veggie Soup
Cornbread

Thursday-
Veggie Soup (leftovers)
Grilled Cheese

I would love to join this thread...most weeks I am really good about aking a menu but sometimes, yeah well not so much. Hopefully this will keep me on track. My week is Sunday to Saturday.

Sunday-pork, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes(New Years Day tradition)
Monday-shepherds pie
Tuesday-stuffed shells, salad
Wednesday-ranch chicken, rice pilaf, corn
Thursday-beef stew in crock-pot
Friday-Dh and I out(local cheap diner)
Saturday-cheese steaks/tater tots

:banana:

This past week was sort of a bust. I went shopping the other night and our menu looks like this for right now:
Saturday: baked ziti
Sunday: pulled pork sandwich
Monday: left over ziti
Tuesday: Tortellini & vodka sauce.
Wednesday: Buffalo chicken (tenders or grilled?)
Thursday: left over chicken
Friday: pizza

We've had a pretty awesome week so far.

I made brussel sprouts with some an awesome recipe from pinterest, brussel sprouts with pancetta. Oh.my.goodness. I'm gonna try them with bacon next time, so they'll be cheaper, but we bought some pancetta a little while ago for another recipe. I could have eaten the whole pan, and my sister (who is 14 and doesn't eat anything) loved them.

Last night I made chili and it was fantastic. Also found the recipe on pinterest. I'd never made chili before. We sent some home with my pregnant friend, and there should be enough for chili cheese burgers when my boyfriend comes home from his long shift today.

Tonight was going to be left over chili with baked potatoes, but he'd rather have chili cheese burgers, so I'm going to make some potato salad for him so they don't go to waste. I like this, lol.

Those brussel sprouts sound mmmmmm, so does chicken orzo soup- maybe I'd better go eat lunch:rotfl:. I did'nt make it home from the city until almost midnight w/ the 6 hours of driving yesterday, dd & I packed our lunch, then I had a half order of Old Chicago Italian nachos for dinner :lovestruc. Tonight we're having Trader Joe's orange chicken, brown rice & veggies, which was not on the menu, but neither was my trip to TJ's;)!

Hoping to join in this thread, but I am not off to a good start. I am typing this from chick fil a on my ipad. :rotfl: We really only came to burn off some energy on the indoor playground since DH is out of town tonight.;)
Plan to make a menu and grocery list tonight. Gotta get motivated!

:welcome: aboard!

I had left over Masa and tamale meat from my tamale making frenzy so I made a tamale pie. I made it in a 4x4 Pyrex dish and added the left over tamale sauce to the top with cheese.

Today we went out my DH and I for a Groupon lunch at this really neat local brewery. Tonight I am making this Lo-mein type noodle dish for dinner. The one I tried was vegetarian but I may add shrimp.

Tomorrow we have New Years eve dinner just the DH, kids and I. I am making grape jellied meatballs, shrimp, raw beef and onions, and a host of other things. I know I will be on here lol but if not, Happy New Year!

I would love to join this thread...most weeks I am really good about aking a menu but sometimes, yeah well not so much. Hopefully this will keep me on track. My week is Sunday to Saturday.

Sunday-pork, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes(New Years Day tradition)
Monday-shepherds pie
Tuesday-stuffed shells, salad
Wednesday-ranch chicken, rice pilaf, corn
Thursday-beef stew in crock-pot
Friday-Dh and I out(local cheap diner)
Saturday-cheese steaks/tater tots

:banana:

:welcome: aboard!

Here is my menu for next week, including changes from the original plan!

Mon/2 Pecan Crusted Tilapia with Honey Glaze and Roasted Asparagus

Wed/4 Glazed Salmon with Broccoli Rice

Fri/7 Patty Melt and Baked Seasoned Fries

Sat/7 Roasted Pork Roast, Sauerkraut, Fried Potatoes

I just love a healthy eating plan that allows you a patty melt and fries! :thumbsup2

This past week was sort of a bust. I went shopping the other night and our menu looks like this for right now:
Saturday: baked ziti
Sunday: pulled pork sandwich
Monday: left over ziti
Tuesday: Tortellini & vodka sauce.
Wednesday: Buffalo chicken (tenders or grilled?)
Thursday: left over chicken
Friday: pizza

Hi just wondering how you make your buffalo sauce? I love it when we are at WDW but it isnt common here and I'd love to try making my own but then I thought it might be bottled (like ketchup):confused3
If you have recipe I'd love to give it a go:)

Hi just wondering how you make your buffalo sauce? I love it when we are at WDW but it isnt common here and I'd love to try making my own but then I thought it might be bottled (like ketchup):confused3
If you have recipe I'd love to give it a go:)

Sorry, I just used bottled sauce.
For chicken fingers, I am going to use this recipe:
http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/2010/11/05/crispy-buffalo-chicken/
For grilled chicken, I'll use this one:
http://www.plainchicken.com/2011/04/grilled-buffalo-chicken.html

One of may family friends makes buffalo wings by frying the wings and then tossing in a buffalo sauce which consisted of a bottle of frank's hot sauce and a stick of melted butter. That was for a big batch of wings (3-4 pounds) so you'd have to adjust the amount accordingly.

Last week was crazy for us so trying to get back on track now.

Thursday: chicken quesadillas, cheese dip and chips, Spanish rice
Friday: hamburgers, Ranch pasta salad, pickles
Saturday: appetizer night
Sunday: chicken and dressing, black eyed peas, and brussel sprouts
Monday: leftover burgers
Tuesdy: leftover chicken and dressing
Wednesday/Thursday: meatball subs, 7 layer salad

I was a lurker on the first thread but never really posted. I would love to half as organized as some of you! My goal is to get there using baby steps and small changes so I stick with it.

I was wondering how you make your Ranch Pasta Salad?

We've had a pretty awesome week so far.

I made brussel sprouts with some an awesome recipe from pinterest, brussel sprouts with pancetta. Oh.my.goodness. I'm gonna try them with bacon next time, so they'll be cheaper, but we bought some pancetta a little while ago for another recipe. I could have eaten the whole pan, and my sister (who is 14 and doesn't eat anything) loved them
Last night I made chili and it was fantastic. Also found the recipe on pinterest. I'd never made chili before. We sent some home with my pregnant friend, and there should be enough for chili cheese burgers when my boyfriend comes! home from his long shift today.

Tonight was going to be left over chili with baked potatoes, but he'd rather have chili cheese burgers, so I'm going to make some potato salad for him so they don't go to waste. I like this, lol.

:cloud9: Love,love,love pinterest!!! I just made awesome cheesy chicken lasagna from a recipe I found there. I have quite a few more pinned to try. Can't wait! :banana

I was a lurker on the first thread but never really posted. I would love to half as organized as some of you! My goal is to get there using baby steps and small changes so I stick with it.

I was wondering how you make your Ranch Pasta Salad?

Welcome small steps is the best way to go good luck!:cheer2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter