Eat at home 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I missed something...whats pinterest?? I love trying new recipe sites!!

Have a Safe and Happy New Years Eve Everyone :goodvibes

Last night our plans changed and we ended up eating out after doing our grocery shopping.

Tonight we are having an open house with appetizers and pizza. Tomorrow is the traditional New Year's dinner at my Grandma's house.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year

NY Eve I made potato skins for lunch http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/potato_skins/ They really turn out awesome but it's not necessary to bake the skins for 20 minutes after they have been scooped out, 10 minutes is plenty of time for them to crisp up. I even started cooking them last night (baked the potatoes and scooped them out) and finished cooking today,

Tonight I am making lasagna then we will head over to a friends house for party. I am bringing meatballs and a platter of pepperoni. Had to make use what was in the house since I can't go shopping until Tuesday.

Sunday - Breakfast is spinach quiche that I made. Lunch is leftover meatloaf and dinner is up in the air yet.

Monday - Dinner is tater tot casserole from the Duggars Recipe.

Tuesday - BBQ Chicken Quesadillas

Wed - DH Birthday, he still hasn't told me if I am cooking for him or we are going out:confused3

Thurs - Grilled chicken breast with romaine salad over warm rice. Went to someone's house whose DH owns a restaurant and she served this salad. I love the idea of adding the rice.

Fri - I am getting tired of my homemade pizza dough so I will buy some at the pizza place.

We decided to go grocery shooting today to get us through until Wednesday I have a drs app then and the store is right down the road so there was no point in driving all that way back to back days.
So far we spent 91$ out of 160$ not too bad
Tonight we have a gift card and are going out to feng for sushi

Sunday hot dogs, salad and beans
Monday chicken tacos and rice
Tuesday pulled pork
Wednesday spaghetti with sauce

Happy new year everyone! :banana:party:

I plan about 10 days in advance mostly to prevent us from arguing about what to have for dinner and to keep us from getting bored with the same few meals.

Sat--NyEve--junk food extravaganza--nachos, pepperoni, spinach dip, olive dip, Mac and cheese and chocolate fondue--and champagne for Mom!
Sun--roasted chicken, stove top stuffing, frozen peas
Mon--turkey enchiladas (picked up a big turkey thigh for super cheap after Thanksgiving and it's in the freezer)
Tue--eggplant rollatini
Wed--baked ham, pineapple dressing, string beans
Thu--London broil, baked potatoes, tossed salad
Fri--pasta & white beans with broccoli pesto sauce
Sat--takeout--the kitchen will be out of commission
Sun--we are taking a chocolate walking tour (Xmasgift) so I don't think we'll be hungry for a real dinner--snacks or sandwiches
Mon--bean soup with the ham bone from Wed

So far my week hasn't gone at all how I planned. We just can't seem to get everyone healthy and that has been really challenging. Honestly the last thing you feel like doing when you've been sick and dealing with a sick kid all day is standing over a stove and cooking!

Thursday we had homemade pizza. We had enough left over for lunch yesterday too. For dinner I was too wiped out to do anything. I had been up almost all night, and my youngest DD is pretty sick now, so I just had DH get takeout.

Dinner tonight is homemade mac and cheese. I let DD pick and that's what she chose. I'm hoping to get back on track next week. I think I have my menu roughly planned, I'm just waiting on the grocery store ads so I can check out the sales to get a firmer idea.

So sorry to hear about the illness in your family. I hope you guys are feeling better today :hug: Getting take out was probably the best idea for you to get rest.

Just back from grocery shopping. Got stuff to make a few new recipes I found on Pinterest (how addicting is that site?!).
Saturday- pizza, snacky foods (cheese/crackers/sausage, chips/veggies/dips)and whatever else we find in there
Sunday- turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, candied sweet potatoes, rolls. Since we have to have black eyed peas, I found a recipe to try for them.http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/12/zannies-black-eyed-pea-dip/ It's got to be better than just eating them straight.
Monday- fish sticks, mac and cheese
Tuesday- mexican lasagna http://mogwaisoup.blogspot.com/2009/08/enchilada-lasagna.html
Wednesday- chili
Thursday- 3 cheese pasta bake http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/three-cheese-pasta-bake-10000001033041/
Friday-eat out

We are back from vacation, so trying to get back on track!! I planned to grab take out pizzas on my way home from the grocery store, but decided to be more frugal with Stouffer's french bread pizza's instead!

Saturday- Veggie french bread pizzas, salad
Sunday- Chicken fried rice, salad, egg rolls
Monday- Vegetarian Mexican soup
Tuesday-Shrimp alfredo, salad, garlic bread
Wednesday- Salmon ceasar salads
Thursday- Crazy work/band day, tuna sandwiches with veggies on the go!
Friday- Eating out, Dh's company holiday dinner at a $75 a person steak house! Glad it's on the company's dime!! :rotfl:

My mom took us out for lunch and to see the Chipmunks movie as our Christmas gift, so tonight will be a very light meal, probably fruit smoothies & Pb & J's. Dh & I are going to a party for just a few hours & there will be munchies there. I'll be home & in my pajamas by 10!:). Hope everyone has a healthy, safe New Years!

Just thought I would share this at church tonight our pastor said something and it stuck with me. For all of you who make resolutions and always start things ( like me) focus on the finish not the start what will you finish this year?
Have a happy healthy wonderful new year!

Wow a new thread. This is my first time posting on this one. Christmas was too crazy to even think about posting. Now I'm back and trying to get on track with the planning. Tonight was Veggie Stir Fry and Rice. My plans are:

Chili and Cornbread
Black Bean Burritos in whole wheat tortillas and corn
Taco night
Hot dogs/shrimp rolls, peaches and green beans
Sweet Potato Stew and homemade biscuits
Spaghetti and garlic bread
Sandwiches, chips and pineapple

Hey Everyone...

My husband and I are starting the South Beach Diet on Monday, so there will be LOTS of eating at home for the first 2 weeks at least! LOL.

Sunday: Pork Loin cooked with carrots, potatoes, onions and celery, Blackeyed Peas, Cabbage, cornbread muffins (I make this every New Years and take it over to my moms)

Monday: Pollo Yucateco- grilled chicken breast with anaheim peppers, turkey bacon, pico de gallo, provolone cheese and a big salad.

Tuesday: Leftover night (shredded remaining pork loin or chicken), steamed veggies, salad

Wednesday: Grilled hamburger patties with sauteed onions and mushrooms, asparagus spears, salad

Thursday: Grilled chicken salad

Friday: Steak, mixed veggies, salad

Saturday: Chili

Sorry, I just used bottled sauce.
For chicken fingers, I am going to use this recipe:
http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/2010/11/05/crispy-buffalo-chicken/
For grilled chicken, I'll use this one:
http://www.plainchicken.com/2011/04/grilled-buffalo-chicken.html

One of may family friends makes buffalo wings by frying the wings and then tossing in a buffalo sauce which consisted of a bottle of frank's hot sauce and a stick of melted butter. That was for a big batch of wings (3-4 pounds) so you'd have to adjust the amount accordingly.

Thanks alot-I do get Franks hot sauce so thats an easy one to try:)

Happy New Year Everyone:)

Happy New Year!

Time to get back on track. I am fooded OUT because of the holidays!

The next 9 days in no particular order... (I shop mid week so I'm hoping to get through to next week before I visit the store again and I need to use up some freezer stuff.)

Tonight: Pork roast, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, baked beans (my nod to almost black eyed peas :goodvibes)

Crock pot beef stew
chicken parm
Pizza
Hot roast beef sandwiches
Grilled ham & cheese sandwichs and soup
Moravian chicken pie
Breakfast for dinner
Lasagna

the night before last was pasta broccoli. last might was dinner at family's house. today is leftovers. heres my menu for the week in no order.

skinny turkey noodle soup
porkchops in Dijon herb sauce, rosted vegitables, baked potatoes
spinach lasagna rolls, salad
breakfast for dinner
leftover night (2x)
turkey italian sausage, oven fried potatoes, broccoli

when i make a pot a soup it usually ends up sitting in the fridge. i am going to freeze half of it this time to avoid it from being tossed.

Tonight we're having Beef Stew with some homemade gluten free corn muffins. I am hoping that there is enough leftovers for at least lunch tomorrow.

This past week was sort of a bust. I went shopping the other night and our menu looks like this for right now:
Saturday: baked ziti
Sunday: pulled pork sandwich
Monday: left over ziti
Tuesday: Tortellini & vodka sauce.
Wednesday: Buffalo chicken (tenders or grilled?)
Thursday: left over chicken
Friday: pizza

I don't think the ziti is going to make it tomorrow night...it was so good we had it for lunch today. :rolleyes1 Since I bought sandwich rolls for the pulled pork for tonight, maybe we'll have hamburgers for dinner tomorrow night.

This week's menu:

Sunday: Burgers on the grill, tossed salad
Monday: deli meats/cheese, shrimp cocktail, crab bread, buffalo chicken dip, cheese, crackers, fruit salad
Tuesday: Grilled salmon, rice, green beans
Wednesday: Roast beef, baked potatoes, corn
Thursday: Meatballs w/gravy, egg noodles, broccoli
Friday: Roast pork, spanish rice, peas
Saturday: Leftovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter