Eat at home 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

figment3258

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone!

Eat at home original thread has reached 250 pages so now it's time for a new thread. Welcome to eat at home 2!:banana::banana:

You can post however you want to. I usually post my weekly menu to keep me from eating out to save money.

You can also post recipes .

I have a link to the original thread in my signature there are tons of recipes in tha one.

Welcome all!

Going grocery shopping tomorrow. Still have a ton of leftovers

Tuesday chicken and rice
Wednesday Mac and cheese
Thursday dh birhday so we will have prime rib with baked potatoes
Friday maybe hot dogs
Saturday nachos and fun food :thumbsup2

Hello everyone!

Eat at home original thread has reached 250 pages so now it's time for a new thread. Welcome to eat at home 2!:banana::banana:

You can post however you want to. I usually post my weekly menu to keep me from eating out to save money.

You can also post recipes .

I have a link to the original thread in my signature there are tons of recipes in tha one.

Welcome all!

Holy Heck... we made too many posts! :woohoo:

Thank you OP for setting us up with a new home :hug:
And Happy Birthday to your DH, it's mine on the 29th too LOL

Tues- angel hair pasta with shrimp in garlic and oil
Wed - meatloaf
Thurs - DH will make cheesesteaks
Fri - not sure yet
Sat - party at friends
Sun - making chicken not sure how yet

I would love to know how you fix the prime rib.

Tonight we had steaks with baked potatoes.
Tues - Burgers and Fries
Wed - Shrimp skewers on the grill with zucchini and tomatoes
Thurs - Tacos and Mexican Rice
Fri - Caesar Salad and Baked Ziti
Sat - Not sure yet - either veggie night or pizza with salad

I'd like to join in. This week's schedule is still a little loose because my mother is in town and the holidays -we are not in our regular routine. So far...

Tuesday: tortellini with vodka sauce
Wednesday: I am taking my ma to dinner
Thursday: not sure yet
Friday: DH is meeting me after work in the city so we'll probably grab a burger someplace
Saturday: pu pu platter of appetizers: coconut chicken fingers, pigs in a blanket, fried ravioli

I can't believe we need a new thread. It seems like just yesterday that figment started this group up.

I thought I would post my meal list from this week all the way through to February. It might change between then and now, but it keeps me honest!

~Mon/26 Left Overs
~Wed/28 Poor Man’s Steak with Garlicky Gravy, Skinny Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Green Beans
~Thu/29 Pecan Crusted Tilapia and Roasted Asparagus
~Sun/1 (New Years) Lobster Tails, Shrimp Cocktail, Hasselback Potatoes, Steamed Sugar Snap Peas

~Mon/2 Patty Melt (Eat This, Not That) and Baked Seasoned Fries
~Wed/4 Corn, Bacon, and Potato Chowder
~Fri/7 Roast Chicken with Rosemary and Lemon, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Salad
~Sat/7 Pork Roast with Gravy (I still need sides for this)

~Mon/9 Healthy, Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
~Wed/11 Leftovers or Frozen Meal
~Fri/13 Baked Chicken Parmesan, Spaghetti, Cucumber Salad (with Onion and Balsamic)
~Sat/14 Baked Potato and Salad

~Mon/16 Split Pea Soup and Crackers
~Wed/18 (Class, late lunch for self) Baked Falafal Pita Sandwich, Green Salad
~Fri/20 Veggie Tikka Masala, Rice, Pita
~Sat/21 Leftovers or Frozen Meal

~Mon/23 Pork Chops with Dijon Herb Sauce, Roasted Cauliflower with Parm, Garlic Mashed Potatoes
~Wed/25 (Class, late lunch for self) Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp
~Fri/27 Pasta with Italian Chicken Sausage, peppers, and spinach, salad
~Sat/28 Pot Roast with Potatoes, Carrots, and Onions

Newbie to your thread :)

I plan on going through your original thread and checking out some of the recipes :thumbsup2

12/26 Christmas leftovers
12/27 Chicken and spinach enchiladas/spanish rice
12/28 Chicken alfredo/ciabatta garlic bread
12/29 Tilapia/cous cous/veg
12/30 Creamed chicken and biscuits/some sort of veg

Not sure beyond that. I need to go grocery shopping and also make a trip to Sam's to stock up on chicken, ground turkey and fish.

Looking forward to getting some new ideas for dinner.

good grief...how do you know what yer eating thru FEB??? I'm doing good to plan dinner in time to pull something outta the freezer!

we're having beef pizzaiola and risotto leftovers tonight. Shrimp curry and biryani tomorrow night. That's as far as i go atm.

I am here too!! Although we are leaving on vacation in about 20 minutes, so we'll be eating out all this week. I'll be back on Sunday to get back on track for next week!

I made it over too!!! :cool1:

I had a menu made out, but so far I have been able to make a few extra meals from leftovers. That will help on next week's grocery bill! :thumbsup2

Last night:
Chili Mac (leftover chili)
Salad (leftover from Christmas)

Tonight:
Turkey (leftover)
Cornbread Dressing (leftover)
Mashed Potatoes
Cranberry Sauce (leftover)
Green Beans (leftover)
Salad (leftover)

Wednesday:
Veggie Soup
Cornbread

Thursday:
Corned Beef Hash
Steamed Cabbage

Friday:
Red Beans and Rice with Ground Venison
Roasted Corn

Saturday: New Year's Eve party at a friend's house. I am taking-
Homemade Southwest Egg Rolls
Chipped Beef Cheeseball and Crackers
Soft Drinks

Tripped over my menu planning the last few months.. just not interested in cooking, which has turned into bad decisions for my waist line lol.

Back on track as soon as we get home from visiting family. Ive been digging through magazines and trying to get my head back in to meal planning.

I need new skillets, so buying all new this week .. I am sure that will help spark my interest again. I am also considering new dishes. My old stuff is beautiful but pretty dated , Lenox Poppies on Blue about 16 years old, I am slowly losing pieces , down to three bowls as of yesterday lol. I am wanting just a plain white set, looking at Mikasa Anitque White .. or there is a Wedgewood white set I like.

Nothing like new kitchen goodies to get ya in the mood to cook .

Newbie to your thread :)

I plan on going through your original thread and checking out some of the recipes :thumbsup2

12/26 Christmas leftovers
12/27 Chicken and spinach enchiladas/spanish rice
12/28 Chicken alfredo/ciabatta garlic bread
12/29 Tilapia/cous cous/veg
12/30 Creamed chicken and biscuits/some sort of veg

Not sure beyond that. I need to go grocery shopping and also make a trip to Sam's to stock up on chicken, ground turkey and fish.

Looking forward to getting some new ideas for dinner.

Welcome! I hope you enjoy our little thread. If you see anything that looks good in someone's meal plan, don't hesitate to ask about it or for a recipe. We love to share!

Newbie here (followed over from january no buy thread). Going back to read 1st thread:)

Welcome! I hope you find this thread a great information source!

good grief...how do you know what yer eating thru FEB??? I'm doing good to plan dinner in time to pull something outta the freezer!

we're having beef pizzaiola and risotto leftovers tonight. Shrimp curry and biryani tomorrow night. That's as far as i go atm.

It's called OCD... :lmao: (Well, I do actually have it, but that was more of a joke). Really though, it helps me by keeping me accountable for what I eat. Earlier in the month I decided to eat healthier and make it my new lifestyle. I always look at it again weekly to make sure things still sound good or if I can switch something to save money. So, it is always subject to change!

I would love to know how you fix the prime rib.

Tonight we had steaks with baked potatoes.
Tues - Burgers and Fries
Wed - Shrimp skewers on the grill with zucchini and tomatoes
Thurs - Tacos and Mexican Rice
Fri - Caesar Salad and Baked Ziti
Sat - Not sure yet - either veggie night or pizza with salad

I have never made one before but I am going to follow how the pioneer woman does hers

I'd like to join in. This week's schedule is still a little loose because my mother is in town and the holidays -we are not in our regular routine. So far...

Tuesday: tortellini with vodka sauce
Wednesday: I am taking my ma to dinner
Thursday: not sure yet
Friday: DH is meeting me after work in the city so we'll probably grab a burger someplace
Saturday: pu pu platter of appetizers: coconut chicken fingers, pigs in a blanket, fried ravioli

Welcome aboard!:welcome::jumping1::welcome:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter