• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Easter

cannp123165

<font color=green>Very Quizzical<font color=teal>
Does anyone know if there are any special events in WDW at Easter time?

:earsboy:

The epcot flower show is usually on over easter and i think the parade is slightly different but i think thats it. It is also very busy!!

I have a very vague recollection of an Easter Egg hunt at one of the onsite resorts?? But it is very vague!

Sorry not much help really!

There are surprisingly few special events for Easter. The easter egg hunts at several of the resorts are for guests of those resorts only. There used to be an Easter parade at the Magic Kingdom but it was done away with a few years ago. I think the Epcot Flower & Garden festival begins after Easter - it certainly wasn't on last Easter when we were there.

Easter in the US isn't the sort of commercial/national holiday that Christmas is....at least not yet...
it still is very much a religious holiday and still much smaller scale....

schools don't even necessarily get days off for Easter (the school district I grew up in doesn't even get Monday off after Easter Sunday)...
some places get a week off for Easter, but many do not (instead having 'spring break' not necessarily at the same time as Easter)....

We were there for Easter 2004. Apart from Mr and Mrs Easter Bunny leading the MK daytime parade on Easter Sunday there was not anything different in the parks.

They used to do more for Easter (like the Easter parade which i LOVED to watch on TV just like the Christmas parade), and even had more decorations...maybe we'll see some of those return as the parks get back to normal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter