Easter in the UK...a question

nativetxn

<font color=teal>Moderator<br><font color=red>Hono
Does the Easter bunny visit the children at Easter, in the UK? It's a big deal here in the states. Even my grown up son wants an Easter basket every year still :rolleyes:

Just curious to know if Easter has been commercialized in the UK too or it is more a religious holiday.

Katholyn

Well Katholyn,
It's a bit of both, i suppose different people do different things.

We used to hide chocolate eggs and painted hard boiled eggs in the garden as our eldest DD's birthday was around that time and the whole family used to come round for tea and the kids went on an egg hunt to see who could find the most.

I personaly was brought up with the easter bunny thing and firmly beleived that he actualy existed.

I still get a chocolate egg every easter from mum and dad.

When DH was a lad they used to paint their eggs and roll them down a hill to signify the rolling away of the stone in front of Jesus tomb.

Hope you get loads of choccy eggs this year,
Luv Audrey
xxxxxxxxx;) :D :bounce:

Our two still believe in the easter bunny (at least they seem to - maybe by pretending to believe they think te eggs will be bigger.;) )
We are a catholic family so I make sure that the children are fully aware of the relegious significance of the Easter period.
The other big thing about Easter over here is that it is seen as the feast that finally banishes those long dark nights of winter. It's an excuse for people to put summer dress on (weather permitting) and generally feel good about the imminent arrival of summer.

Regards

Kieran

......I hadn't heard of The Easter Bunny until I visited the US although I knew of an association with bunnies at Easter time.
It was always Easter eggs, Simnel cake and roast lamb before, but in recent years Easter bunny toys are appearing more and more in the shops -I saw the cutest set of pastel coloured bunnies in the supermarket today! I was desperately trying to think of a little girl I could buy one for!!!!

Shirley you should have bought the bunnies - what about the little girl inside yourself, we are all still children inside no matter what our age, at least I am! ;)

I dont know of the Easter Bunny? :confused: I have always known of the association of Rabbits and Chicks to Easter but never really knew why - what the connection is? Can someone enlighten a poor deprived person! :(

As a child I was always bought a nice present at Easter time, didn't go in for Chocolate much in them days - and I still have a lovely Roddy Baby Doll that my mum and dad bought me. You put a key in the back and it played a musical tune. I still have the clothes that they bought me too and they bought me a new outfit for it each year.

I only ever bought my children a simple Chocolate Easter Egg and buy all my nieces and nephews one now - is this mean????

Have I deprived them of a tradition of the Easter Bunny!

:D lol Shirley re the cute bunnies at the supermarket. I've seen some too & cute bears (tho what bears have to do with Easter I dunno) - had to steel myself from temptation.

We're in Florida for Easter (hmm.. wonder what Easter traditions we're going to find over there?) and I thought we'd not bother :rolleyes: with Easter eggs but DD insisted that we buy some last week - "we'll eat them before we go" :p

Nativetxn - depending on where you're going to on this side of the pond - some areas have Easter-related events going on such as egg rolling, Easter egg hunts etc. Hope you enjoy your visit :p

Janet

Wish I was going to be there for Easter :( No, my question was purely curiosity. I had a couple of Easter baskets to post to the UK and wanted to be pretty sure the recipients wouldn't think I was mad.

(Are you impressed that I used the word post instead of mail? I've been studying English :D )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter